autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drying towels: is the PFM by Griot's still the best?

Some things have went up, and Im not sure how long the sale was... Where else are you shopping at? you cna PM me if you dont want to post it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gsmarquis View Post
    Compare to the big A store. You will be getting a better price when they have sales. Plus I can't tell you how many times I received a fake from China from big A in duplicate package.
    Yeah, I got refunds and replacements from Amazon for fake CG mitts and towels, lols

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Griots PFM just got better!

Griots recently released a revised version of the PFM drying towel. You can get the new one directly from Griots, it doesn't look like AG stocks it yet. It's higher GSM. They also now have a edgeless PFM drying towel too.

I didn't think it could get any better, but it has.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. Likes FrankS, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boudin View Post
    Yes, Griots PFM just got better!

Griots recently released a revised version of the PFM drying towel. You can get the new one directly from Griots, it doesn't look like AG stocks it yet. It's higher GSM. They also now have a edgeless PFM drying towel too.

I didn't think it could get any better, but it has.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I was wondering if anyone had a chance to try the new version yet.

I ordered the BOSS foaming starter kit that comes with their new Gun, foams, and the even bigger/thicker edgeless PFM (29x36, 1120 gsm). Should be interesting to see the difference!

I’ll be honest though, I’ve always preferred the 16x16’s over their larger drying towel. Heck, I’ve been really digging their 16x9 blue PFM Detailing Towel for small touch ups and whatnot. Somehow no one ever even mentions the blue ones.

Who knows- maybe I’ll end up cutting up the huge one. (Eldorado- hopefully we can still be friends! If memory serves, you prefer the larger drying towels...)

Post Thanks / Like

Have tried the 16x16, but still prefer my Pluffles over it.

7. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hum...

I have tried about 5 different drying towels over the years. Only one I did not like was the Cobra ones I purchased from Autogeek. I cannot remember the exact name but they are not actually towels. They are like thick foamlike pads. I purchased 5 of them one only used them once. Despised how they feel.

Other than that, I have seen no difference better using a normal microfiber towel or a drying microfiber towel besides the fact drying ones are bigger and hold much more water. I have purchased some at walmart and they worked just as well as specialty ones.

I am very curious to know what difference you see using the GG ones? Is it in the way they release water when you wring them? Do they absorb better? Are they softer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    I would like to try one of the big Big Blue Drying towel or a Dry Me Crazy or whatever it is called,but the PFM towels are the best I have ever used hands down. Not even close. Totally worth the money,but I do try to wait for a sale LOL.
    Worth it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMak97008 View Post
    I dont see the 25% on their site, can you link, please?
    AG should match Autopia sale on now !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    Anyone know of Autopias 25% off coupon? Did I miss it
    You need to sign up for their email list to receive notifications of sales and to obtain some of the coupon codes.

Not every sale is listed on the Autopia home page. They were running a free shipping promo (which was listed on the home page), but had also sent out an email with the 25% off + free shipping to their email subscribers.

To play the game correctly, you should sign up for the email lists of AG, ACC, DI, BLACKFIRE, Pinnacle, Wolfgang, and M37. Take advantage of the price matching policies and you will never have to overpay.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Hum...

I have tried about 5 different drying towels over the years. Only one I did not like was the Cobra ones I purchased from Autogeek. I cannot remember the exact name but they are not actually towels. They are like thick foamlike pads. I purchased 5 of them one only used them once. Despised how they feel.

Other than that, I have seen no difference better using a normal microfiber towel or a drying microfiber towel besides the fact drying ones are bigger and hold much more water. I have purchased some at walmart and they worked just as well as specialty ones.

I am very curious to know what difference you see using the GG ones? Is it in the way they release water when you wring them? Do they absorb better? Are they softer?
    I have not used the PFM towel but Sonax has one with the same kind of nap. And much like the Gyeon Silk Dryer exept Sonax has 80/20 blend and Gyeon 70/30. The difference IME is they soak up water very fast and leaves non streak surface after them. Lay on the towel and drag it and the surface is bone dry. I have some other softer high quality drying towels. And the biggest difference is how fast they soak up water. They are worth to try out as they are really that good.

13. Thanks Calendyr thanked for this post
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast