autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need Help w/ Interior Protectant

Quote Originally Posted by 6od View Post
    I don't mean to hijack this thread, but since it already exists and I have sort of the same question - I thought I'd ask about 303 here as well.

I recently cleaned my interior with a Woolite+distilled mix (only on the leather parts, and some vinyl probably because I cannot tell the difference), followed by Meg's Quik Interior and Aerospace 303 Matte on all surfaces (I didn't but the 303 on my nav screen because I'm scared - apparently the one in 2IS Lexus' are delicate)...

I applied it to a cloth, then wiped the surfaces, then followed it up with a clean dry cloth. That was sometime last week. I haven't driven much lately, but when I have, I notice my hands feel slippery after touching most of these surfaces. I don't see ANY streaks, and the car is no more shiny than it was before - (it was pretty matte before, and it looks the same, just cleaner) - but my hands are slippery as hell.

Did I not wipe away enough? Should I buff it?

Also, I have a really bad tendency to push my door open with my foot, which causes light scuff marks on the lower panel. I cleaned them with Meg's QID then followed up with the 303 - and I see MORE scuff marks than before. I can provide a photo if it helps. They aren't scratches, just lines, mostly from my Chucks (so, rubber, no sharp edges). Is it because 303 is matte that its causing them to be more visible?
    I wish I could help but I have always used the 303 wipes and have been careful to 1) use enough but not use a REALLY LARGE amount and 2) to buff it completely dry, as it won't air dry itself.

2. Likes 1500canoe, 6od liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ultimate Interior Guard Plus is by far my favorite interior protectant. Keeps a nice factory clean look, non-greasy and makes everything feel like Kashmir!! It is really good at repelling liquids and durability is stout.
    Jim

4. Likes DBAILEY, SWETM, Rmd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know it its probably just me, but 303 smells like the sweaty gym clothes you used to leave in your gym locker in high school way too long. Something like sweaty BO and slight vinegar. No complaints on how it works though. I don't use it in my own car because of how it smells to me.

6. Likes Eldorado2k, 6od liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

(I didn't but the 303 on my nav screen because I'm scared - apparently the one in 2IS Lexus' are delicate)...

I notice my hands feel slippery after touching most of these surfaces. I don't see ANY streaks, and the car is no more shiny than it was before - (it was pretty matte before, and it looks the same, just cleaner) - but my hands are slippery as hell.
    Did I not wipe away enough? Should I buff it?

Also, I have a really bad tendency to push my door open with my foot, which causes light scuff marks on the lower panel. I cleaned them with Meg's QID then followed up with the 303 - and I see MORE scuff marks than before. I can provide a photo if it helps. They aren't scratches, just lines, mostly from my Chucks (so, rubber, no sharp edges). Is it because 303 is matte that its causing them to be more visible?
    IMHO meguiars Quik interior detailer (spray it on microfiber and wipe) works excellent on interior include Nav screen and so does meguiars spray wax (D156)

From my experience with 303AP, it will leave a very little slippery but non greasy surface and can be remove by a light cleaner like meguiars quik interior detailer.

Any scuff mark will be more visible because you already remove the dirt that's covering the damage.
    if it's not so obvious just let it be...
    Unless it's bothering you and you plan to replace it, give magic eraser a try but be gentle Need Help w/ Interior Protectant

YouTube

8. Likes 6od liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GEM65 View Post
    IMHO meguiars Quik interior detailer (spray it on microfiber and wipe) works excellent on interior include Nav screen and so does meguiars spray wax (D156)

From my experience with 303AP, it will leave a very little slippery but non greasy surface and can be remove by a light cleaner like meguiars quik interior detailer.

Any scuff mark will be more visible because you already remove the dirt that's covering the damage.
    if it's not so obvious just let it be...
    Unless it's bothering you and you plan to replace it, give magic eraser a try but be gentle Need Help w/ Interior Protectant

YouTube
    Will using Meg's QID diminish the UV protection of the 303? I know the QID has some amount of UV protection, but I've been led to believe that 303 has the most. That's the main reason I'm using it as my car lives in the sun. I use a sun visor in the front, but that doesn't keep it out of every other window (and I haven't gotten tints yet).

Also thanks for the vid. The problem for me is that it's light scuff marks on dark interior. I fear the magic eraser may brighten it up even more. But what you said makes perfect sense - I cleaned the dirt away and now I see the rest of the marks.
    that's not my car, but it'd be a lot cooler if it was.

10. Likes GEM65 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will using Meg's QID diminish the UV protection of the 303? I know the QID has some amount of UV protection, but I've been led to believe that 303 has the most.
    Yes it will remove some but not all... and will leave behind it's own UV protectionNeed Help w/ Interior Protectant
    If using an APC to clean it's a different story.

IMHO a weekly wipe down with meg quik interior detailer will do just fineNeed Help w/ Interior Protectant

12. Likes 6od liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

303 is my favorite interior protectant but it does not need to be applied daily or weekly. Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer is my go to daily interior cleaner. My company car has a black and tan interior with a black dashboard and console that shows all of the dust. If I drive with the windows open a lot of that dirt and dust shows up in the dash. That would drive any of us crazy. The Megs QID is a great product to remove the dust and leave a slight matte finish.

14. Likes 6od liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123