autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So I bought the 3 and 6 inch Griot's polishers.

You guys gotta try the new Carpro compound!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Get both Griots Boss Correcting Creams but stick with your plan of M205. IMO it’s way better than the Perfecting Cream.
    In my systems engineering world there have been adages,

"Nobody ever got fired for buying IBM" - old days
    "Nobody ever got fired for buying Cisco" - dotcom days
    "Nobody ever got fired for buying Okta" - current single sign-on framework

In the detailing world,

"Nobody ever got fired for using M105/M205"

3. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Are you thinking of abandoning the CG stuff before even trying it out?

Maybe give it t try first and see if it works for you. A lot of hate on this site for CG but almost all of the stuff I've tried from them has been pretty good.
    If you try Menzerna polishes it is more than pretty good.

5. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I have only polished one car and it was GM Black. It came out great. I want to keep all of my cars in as close to perfect as I can. I dont know if I can say I am used to diminishing abrasive tech or not having done one car. What can I expect from non DAT polishes?

I have no problem throwing down money on quality products and machines. If the polish is $60 so be it. I will buy another machine like a mille or something but I want a few years under belt. I would like to "graduate" to a $500 machine so I can give my lower machines to a friend and bring another into the scene. I feel that getting the hands on experience with tools of lower capability will give me that much more appreciation of the flagship tool.

Its kinda like winning the race with a 10yr old civic that I bought mowing lawns vs winning the race with a new zl1 that a teenager got from daddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gsmarquis View Post
    I have been using the cheap 50$ DA we all know of. I went ahead and bought the Griot's 3 and 6 inch polishers after using the $50 dollar HF and enjoying the job. I plan on using a 5" vented backing plate with 5.5" lake country thin pro pads. All I know as far as polishes is the cg v line. I have a ton of the product left. From all the things I am reading it's subpar polish. Bought it before finding autogeek. Should I abandon 50$ worth of vline and go for the 105/205 combo?
    Get yourself some nice polishes that perform well and are relatively easy to use. In saying that M205 is nice. M105 is not my favorite compound. Short working time, hard wipe off and dusting were the biggest complaints I had about them. It's not a bad compound but there are better that perform just as good if not better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@ShineStruck View Post
    GYEON Polish

Sonax max cut; EX, and perfect finish
    To the op these are good. Sonax has a good line of polishes and I would recommend them as well. I would even toss cut & finish into the mix if one is looking for a one step compounding polish. User friendly and they don't dust other than perfect finish that dusts a little at least for me.

I have only used the Gyeon Polish and it is nice to work with. Not as much cut as M205 but finishes a bit better.

Post Thanks / Like

So Autogeek store is going to be a problem for me..... Everytime I get a discount email I purchase something. This is going to be worse than my Am***n problem was. Lol.

So I went ahead and ordered Griot's Boss polishes/compounds as well as Carpro Essence with the gloss pads. I will use the lake country thin pros with the Boss stuff and final with essence on Carpro gloss pads. I don't know what's so special about the specific gloss pad, they have about same feel as the red final pads from my other pad companies.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be doing my wifes Durango next with the LC thinpro pads and BOSS creams finishing with essence. Cant decide if I want to UK 3.0 coat it or just a sealer and wax topper.

I did buy a PTG. The Durango paint is much thicker than my Suburban was. Durango avg is 180-214um, Suburban avg is 125-130um. Both were bought new. I have never corrected the Durango but the Suburban got a light polish for the UK coating using white hex pads and v38.

I also took some readings under my badging when I changed to black badges on the Suburban, 130um.

Thanks Autogeek, I'm all in and going broke.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gsmarquis View Post
    So Autogeek store is going to be a problem for me..... Everytime I get a discount email I purchase something. This is going to be worse than my Am***n problem was. Lol.

So I went ahead and ordered Griot's Boss polishes/compounds as well as Carpro Essence with the gloss pads. I will use the lake country thin pros with the Boss stuff and final with essence on Carpro gloss pads. I don't know what's so special about the specific gloss pad, they have about same feel as the red final pads from my other pad companies.
    Yessir, welcome to your newest addiction / obsession!! Might wear ya out but won’t kill ya. And your vehicles will look good!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what it is about the CarPro gloss pads but they really work well.

Post Thanks / Like

gsmarquis.. if you haven't already, i would recommend picking up the 2" conversion kit for the GG3. it will turn it into a scalpel aka the "Mini BOSS" to match your "LiL BOSS" aka GG6

Griots Garage 2 inch BOSS Foam and Microfiber Pads

info at the 11:40 mark in the video below...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast