autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots BOSS Foaming system. *NEW*

Ever since Jeff Brown and Rod Kraft joined Griot's(few years back), THAT'S when Griot's really blew up! Starting with the BOSS system...
    '03 Corvette Z06

2. Thanks Brownie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

it's nice to see an actual system like this for it's intended purpose. many use car soaps that aren't intended/formulated to be used in the foam cannon/lance (but rather for the bucket wash) and then are disappointed that it doesn't cling/dwell/clean...

4. Likes PaulMys, SWETM, Brownie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Ever since Jeff Brown and Rod Kraft joined Griot's(few years back), THAT'S when Griot's really blew up! Starting with the BOSS system...
    Definitely. They stepped up their game in a big way with the release of the BOSS line and I've been super happy with everything I've used since. They were the first "niche" product line I tried outside of Meguiars and Armorall stuff and I wasn't super impressed - but I'm a huge Griots fanboy now ever since they've doubled down and really gone to task on creating easy & effective products.

6. Likes WRAPT C5Z06, PaulMys, Brownie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious to know how the auto-mix feature works on their cannon.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Like the foam it puts out, and concept. However, it just seems as if they want you to use one product after another after another to retain a clean finish. Great- no, fantastic selling tool appealing to our senses. Was never a true fan of their stuff after trying a couple. No offense to others who love n swear by it - we are all Nrand Loyalists like it or not. As much as I like their delivery system and output, I just cannot conceive the concept of having to use 3-4 different spray products just to clean your finish. They are a seriously smart Company who does what they're supposed to do, and well - and that is to SELL PRODUCTS!

Post Thanks / Like

Different chemicals desolves different kind of dirt. That's why it's so many cleaners out there. Their first step foam is a prewash foam that desolves bugs and road film and to lift the bigger dirt particals from the paint. Then you PW it off to then follow up with the 2 step car soap foam and you wash like regualar. And the 3 step is a LSP that you foam on and rinse off. Then you can use some of their other products to foam on. Since it's stainless steel the foamcannon you can even foam on the iron remover. The benefit that has is you get a longer dwell time with it. And makes the oxidized iron particals to desolve as much as possible so it can be rinsed off instead of aggitate it to loosen.

It will be intresting to see the review of the prewash foam which claims is a new technique with 2 layers of active foam layers in it. The first that clings and desolves the different dirt and when it's done the 2 foam layer is to get it to run off the car and also loosen up. If you have a to thick of foam you have the problems with rinse it off and it's not so effective to loosen up dirt that a thinner foam has. With a to loose of a foam it's not effective cause it runs off to fast and is not able to desolve the most stubborn dirts. So it's a little of trade off on both ends and not so easy to find the sweet spot in the most effective foam thickness. And the new GG prewash foam seems to be very concentrated and gives a value to it. The delivery with the thing on the tube in the bottle that gets the perfect dilution of 1:20. Is the biggest news and which I have not seen before. And to switch the original spray bottle products instead of dilute it before in the foamcannon bottle. Seems to be a great option to have.

But of coarse it would be great to have a cleaner that desolves all kind off dirt and is strong enough to do so without any harm to your LSP. And maybe have a built in protection too would be great. It's just not possible to create that yet and don't think it's possible either. Cause the amount of different kind of dirt that is on your car is very many.

10. Thanks Brownie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I'm curious to know how the auto-mix feature works on their cannon.
    I think I'm allowed to respond to questions... The auto-mix uses a venture action from the high-pressure water to draw the chemical from the source bottle. No different than other cannons. The difference is the metering tips that have a calibrated small orifice that allows only so much chemical to be pulled into the cannon. The liquids and cannon were developed together to optimize the chemical flow.
    Jeff from Griot's Garage- Product Developer
    Car Care for the Perfectionist

12. Thanks habs33 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    I think I'm allowed to respond to questions... The auto-mix uses a venture action from the high-pressure water to draw the chemical from the source bottle. No different than other cannons. The difference is the metering tips that have a calibrated small orifice that allows only so much chemical to be pulled into the cannon. The liquids and cannon were developed together to optimize the chemical flow.
    Nice! Won’t the PSI & GPM of the pressure washer determine dilution/potency of product dispensed through the Griots cannon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Curious what the longevity is on the foaming poly gloss
    2 weeks? 1 month? 3 months?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

16. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast