autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mini reviews: 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner, 303 Tire Balm and Gyeon Essence

For you guys looking for something that seems to last for a while try DG253. I have been using it for years now and rain does not seem to really effect it. Did the wifes van a few months ago and the tires have had quite a few rinseless washes with a boars hair brush and they still look good. Just my $.02.

Dave

2. Thanks MattPersman thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    For you guys looking for something that seems to last for a while try DG253. I have been using it for years now and rain does not seem to really effect it. Did the wifes van a few months ago and the tires have had quite a few rinseless washes with a boars hair brush and they still look good. Just my $.02.

Dave
    i alternate between that and PERL..

4. Thanks MattPersman thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    I call it no good on our Michelin equipped minivan. Looks ok with 2 coats as long as it doesn’t rain. Worth I guess the 5.50 it was on sale for half price. Tires look streaky and brown after that rain it went through. Redid them with some inexpensive Barrett Jackson tire shine I picked up at a close out store and they look a ton better I know it won’t last really either though

On our car, it has 19” continentals, and just saw wetness from road spray after rain no direct rain and it doesn’t look bad. Two coats and it has a dark look to it. Not the best look I have seen and quite frankly not as shiny as I like either. I like gloss. But Black is better than brown tires lol

Calling this stuff average. Nothing ground breaking or coating like qualities that were thrown around here.

I got 4 bottles of it on sale so now it will be used strictly on the continental tires on the car till it runs out long from now

Anyone else got any feedback on this stuff I can’t get much to last in LSP or tire stuff where I live, drive and park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the update.

Does anyone else have feedback on the 303 Tire Balm? So far it’s batting .000

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Thanks for the update.

Does anyone else have feedback on the 303 Tire Balm? So far it’s batting .000
    No problemo. I figured with that half off sale and the “stellar” review from one ambassador of the brand, more people bought it and we could have had more feedback by now. Could be a super tire brand dependent product. I just haven’t been able to get my continentals driving while it’s actually raining since I have put it on. It will rain while I’m at work but not when I am driving.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone's review on youtube.

8. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mini reviews: 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner, 303 Tire Balm and Gyeon Essence

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    I figured with that half off sale and the “stellar” review from one ambassador of the brand, more people bought it and we could have had more feedback by now.

Ikr, there should be tons of feedback available but instead everyone seems mum... Sort of reminds me of Gyeon Bathe+ and it’s lack of reviews that go beyond “its a great soap”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Ikr, there should be tons of feedback available but instead everyone seems mum... Sort of reminds me of Gyeon Bathe+ and it’s lack of reviews that go beyond “its a great soap”
    Like I said earlier in the thread I like it just as much as vrp, optibond..or any water based dressing that I have including hyper dressing...it's not a secret wb dressings don't last long or through bad weather

Sent from my Z982 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I got some of the 303 tire balm when it was on sale. So far I like it on my 19" low pro tires but not so much on fatter sidewall tires of my wifes expedition. I don't like a super shiny tire, so this stuff works out pretty good for me. I've only ever done one coat of it, I'm going to try 2 next time on the expedition and see what happens. Haven't driven thru any rain with it yet, but it does keep the tire looking good between washes. It never gets blotchy and the tire never turned brown on me. It smells good too.

Edit: just got home, here’s a pic of my tire with 4 day old 303 and about 300ish dry miles.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought this back when they were BOGO because of this thread.

I have not been able to have it look good after just one coat. I always have to go back and apply another coat to make it look good/even.

It’s not a bad product and I like the look, but as a amateur detailer I prefer something that is finished within one. I don’t really want to have spend the extra time going over the tires again.

No, it’s not really that much time, but it’s time that could be used doing something else.

Maybe I’m not cleaning the tire well enough, but then I’m not really trying to (nor do I want to) clean it like I’m doing a tire coating.

With McKees I can do a quick clean and one and done. McKees is supposed to have some cleaning ability to it though.

I like the smell, but it very persistent if you leave a used applicator in your vehicle.

For me, this is what I typically get after one coat.

It looks good after a second coat

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456