autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pick up my car from service & the tech left a nice letter in the car for me

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post

Who here hasn’t taken a pair of shoes off when done detailing a car because we didn’t want to be “that guy” who left sand or debris on the carpet or pedals.
    I never taken my shoes off in that instance, my feet are usually killing me by that time and there’s no way on earth I’m about to kill them any further by doing that. Lol.

What I do is grab this tiny matt that I bought at the $1 dollar store and lay it next to the door and wipe my shoes off + I have my dustpan broom to sweep my shoes clean as well. [I leave the matt so the customer can wipe their feet off too when they come pick up their vehicle]

I’ve been meaning to buy some paper matts like they use at the mechanics but I haven’t found where to buy them for cheap.

2. Likes Dabbac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pick up my car from service & the tech left a nice letter in the car for me

I consider myself a car guy, but I really had no idea what a DB11 looked like. I’ve always appreciated Aston Martins, but never really payed attention to the body style changes. I would guess there isn’t an Aston Martin registered within 75-100 miles of my home.

To me your car looks like a concept or “no way can we build this” model. What an impressive looking design. This is a car that makes people stop in their tracks and stare. Thanks for posting the photos and your experience.

4. Thanks Dabbac thanked for this post
    Likes Dabbac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I never taken my shoes off in that instance, my feet are usually killing me by that time and there’s no way on earth I’m about to kill them any further by doing that. Lol.

What I do is grab this tiny matt that I bought at the $1 dollar store and lay it next to the door and wipe my shoes off + I have my dustpan broom to sweep my shoes clean as well. [I leave the matt so the customer can wipe their feet off too when they come pick up their vehicle]

I’ve been meaning to buy some paper matts like they use at the mechanics but I haven’t found where to buy them for cheap.
    At my dad’s car lot a local bank provided us with the highest quality laminated paper mats to advertise the bank’s credit services. The mats were coated with a thin flexible plastic layer by Kodak I believe. Those mats were the Weathertechs of disposable mats. They would last through snow, rain and mud. I priced them out once and I want to say they were over a $1.00 a mat. This was mid 90’s. Needless to say we ordered the cheaper uncoated paper mats once the bank stopped providing their luxury mats.

Look online for a company that sells to car dealers. We always got mailings with all the cheesey car dealer gimmicky junk. Streamers, balloons, key chains and these companies always had paper mats with “come again” type message.

6. Likes Dabbac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike,
    I didn't even realize you guys had those 'Do Not Wash' hang tags.

Suggestion: Instead of sending those heavy cardstock 'Thank you' cards w/ every order (that get thrown away instantly), send a DNW tag and get some fun advertising out of it.

8. Likes Eldorado2k, tmdals0213, Dabbac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dabbac View Post
    I had to drop off my car for a safety recall and I wanted them to look into a few things. Anyway, when I picked up the car after they were done with it, I noticed a nice hand written letter was left for me. After reading it, it felt great to see someone take the time to notice how well kept the car is, and to actually spend time writing a letter too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats sweet, It probably helps that its an aston martin. I don't think the kia dealership would do that for my car. I'm lucky if I get it back without any added scratches

10. Likes TheSteelFoX, Dabbac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!!

12. Likes Dabbac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Consider that many of the AstonMartin 'options' cost as much as the entire Kia, it's not a mystery There is an AM dealer a little down the road from my dealer and the options are truly breathtaking (and wallet busting).

Doesn't stop me from wanting a late model Vantage though

14. Likes Dabbac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Thats sweet, It probably helps that its an aston martin. I don't think the kia dealership would do that for my car. I'm lucky if I get it back without any added scratches
    I don’t know, I can say, I’ve had 3 cars with this dealer and have been to service more then a few times. This letter was definitely a first. Anding a very nice touch to a great dealership

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by howardm4 View Post
    Consider that many of the AstonMartin 'options' cost as much as the entire Kia, it's not a mystery There is an AM dealer a little down the road from my dealer and the options are truly breathtaking (and wallet busting).

Doesn't stop me from wanting a late model Vantage though
    Google 2019 aston martin DBS, that’s the vanquish replacement. But the vantage is sweet!

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely stunning AM. Please forgive my "dislike", dabbac, fat fingers here and meant to hit "Like".

18. Likes Dabbac liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast