autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pick up my car from service & the tech left a nice letter in the car for me

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    This is pretty awesome

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    The fact that someone took time to sit and write a letter. Wow! Definitely awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Pick up my car from service & the tech left a nice letter in the car for me

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Wow. That is almost unheard of.

Good for that Dealer.

Nice way to say "We appreciate your business, and you as a customer/car lover.

Very cool.
    Tell me about it, and i have had 3 different cars from them and have been to service more then a few time, this letter was a first. It felt great reading it!

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by derass View Post
    Pics of the DB11!! AM's are absolutely gorgeous.

5. Likes SWETM, PaulMys, tmdals0213 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    That’s right. Lets see it!Pick up my car from service & the tech left a nice letter in the car for me

7. Likes SWETM, mc2hill liked this post
    Mike Phillips

You know... I thought I had an article on this topic but I can't find it so must just be a post somewhere...

The topic was,

A clean and detailed car gets more respect or better treatment than an dirty unkempt car when taking your car in for service

My theory is that when you take your car in for service, if it looks detailed and regularly maintained inside and out, the people working on it will notice and give it more respect.

Conversely, if your car looks like a rat's nest on the inside and like the last time it was washed is the day it was sold, then the mechanics and techs working on it won't give it any respect or treat it like it has value.

Just theory but this letter to this forum member is the first sign of that theory that I can remember being shared on a forum.

9. Likes Dabbac liked this post
    Mike Phillips

I took the liberty to download one of your pictures, crop out the fluff, resize to 800 pixels wide and then upload to your free gallery here on AGO

Nice!

For anyone reading this thread into the future, if you take pride in your ride and take ownership of the care and maintenance for the appearance aspect of your car or cars, then DON'T trust that the dealership or shop you take your car to will treat your car like you - be proactive and get a Do Not Wash Car hang tag.

The Autogeek Do Not Wash Car hang tag

On Autogeek.com

Autogeek's "Do Not Wash Car" Hanging Sign FREE with orders over $95!

11. Likes Ace22, Dabbac, PaulMys, Lumorales1975 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pick up my car from service & the tech left a nice letter in the car for me

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    I'd say it's worth a call/email to the Owner/Service Manager letting them know what an outstanding employee they have.
    Funny that you wrote this, on my way in this morning I sent a message and a photo to one of the heads of North America corporate that I know well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    You know... I thought I had an article on this topic but I can't find it so must just be a post somewhere...

The topic was,

A clean and detailed car gets more respect or better treatment than an dirty unkempt car when taking your car in for service

My theory is that when you take your car in for service, if it looks detailed and regularly maintained inside and out, the people working on it will notice and give it more respect.

Conversely, if your car looks like a rat's nest on the inside and like the last time it was washed is the day it was sold, then the mechanics and techs working on it won't give it any respect or treat it like it has value.

Just theory but this letter to this forum member is the first sign of that theory that I can remember being shared on a forum.

I feel 100%, the same.

Thanks Mike

Also note: they already know, not to touch/ wash the car

Post Thanks / Like

I’m also a firm believer in this. That’s why I make sure to have the Kia freshly washed and vacuumed everytime it goes in for it’s oil changes at the dealer. I even wipe down and dress the engine bay. And thanks to AG I’ve got 1 of these signs.Pick up my car from service & the tech left a nice letter in the car for me

Post Thanks / Like

The topic was,

Your theory and example is spot on/accurate.

I can give a pretty extreme example of this principle that everyone has experienced numerous times in their lives. We have all walked into someone’s immaculately clean home. Be it a family member’s, friend’s or complete stranger’s home, and what is the first thing we do. Take off our shoes.

I have also walked into homes where there is dog feces on the floor. I had zero concern what my boots brought into those homes.

Who here hasn’t taken a pair of shoes off when done detailing a car because we didn’t want to be “that guy” who left sand or debris on the carpet or pedals.

16. Likes Dabbac, tmdals0213 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast