autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Klasse AIO alternative

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    I'm glad I keep hearing that people prefer Speed over BF AIO. I have a lot of my 32 oz bottle of Speed left and I don't need to "try out" any new products. When I'm not polishing with Speed, I feel that the finish isn't as glossy or slick.
    BF AIO is okay, but it's not a game changer compared to HD Speed. Just my humble opionion
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

2. Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have both of those products in my quiver. I did a car yesterday where I used the HD speed on the majority of the paint but switched to Klasse for the trim and glass. HD speed tends to leave that white residue behind on plastic whereas Klasse does not for me.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a lot of dirt on that white pad - You're just grinding that dirt into the paint. I would consider claying next time after a wash, and being meticulous about getting the paint clean before using any AIO or polish. I doubt the swirls you're putting into the paint will come out, even with HD Speed, and definitely not with Klasse, as it was pointed out that it won't have any correction abilities.
    I'm in the HD Speed camp, too - It's just so easy to use. Even though the members here pointed out that Klasse is in fact, available and affordable, I'm of the opinion you get more for less with HD Speed. I haven't tried HD Poxy over Speed yet, however I've been putting BlackLight over Speed, and been quite happy with the outcome.
    You mentioned that the Klasse was lasting a long time for you compared to others, which is fair - However, I would probably recommend a fine cut cleaner before it though. Maybe M205.
    What type and color car is this on? Any pics?

Post Thanks / Like

The DG 501 AIO will clean as well as KAIO. The DG 501 also has abrasives though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DTruck View Post
    That's a lot of dirt on that white pad - You're just grinding that dirt into the paint. I would consider claying next time after a wash, and being meticulous about getting the paint clean before using any AIO or polish. I doubt the swirls you're putting into the paint will come out, even with HD Speed, and definitely not with Klasse, as it was pointed out that it won't have any correction abilities.
    I'm in the HD Speed camp, too - It's just so easy to use. Even though the members here pointed out that Klasse is in fact, available and affordable, I'm of the opinion you get more for less with HD Speed. I haven't tried HD Poxy over Speed yet, however I've been putting BlackLight over Speed, and been quite happy with the outcome.
    You mentioned that the Klasse was lasting a long time for you compared to others, which is fair - However, I would probably recommend a fine cut cleaner before it though. Maybe M205.
    What type and color car is this on? Any pics?
    You can be as meticulous at you want, and still get gunk in the pad.

Road Film - If you drive your car in the rain your car has road film

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    You can be as meticulous at you want, and still get gunk in the pad.

Road Film - If you drive your car in the rain your car has road film
    Thanks for the perspective. Pics of the pad just seemed overly dirty for my taste, but if it's effective, by all means carry on.

Post Thanks / Like

Its road film build up...You need to wash your car with traffic film remover soap once in a while to remove traffic film...even if you do regular waxing and use pH neutral soap it will not remove the traffic film..it will build up over time..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DTruck View Post
    Thanks for the perspective. Pics of the pad just seemed overly dirty for my taste, but if it's effective, by all means carry on.
    It can look worse in pictures, and sometimes the job is just rough. I've seen gunk come out of my pads that really surprised me.

Totally agree with your perspective as well though.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of the color on the pad (which really started pink from HD Speed) came from catching trim I'm sure. I have clay barred before Klasse AIO before though and still pulled a good amount out, but did not this time. I think what Nix mentioned probably holds truth. Is there any harm then in using Klasse to get it out? I don't imagine the stuff that's stuck on there from exhaust fumes has large enough particles to swirl the paint. I did a pretty meticulous 2 bucket and pressure rinse, but was not surprised by the pad. I usually change pads half way through to a fresh one, but used one for dramatic effect in this case. I might try to McKee's 360 as an alternative to Klasse AIO though.

11. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

McKee's 360 AIO would fit the bill here. Great durability and shine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast