autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Jeweling Wax

Ultra/fine abrasives plus some added protection use to be called an AIO, now they being marketed as Jeweling wax, next they will be called Finesse Wax or Super Gloss Last Step Polish Wax... CarPro Essence has fine abrasives and lays down a high gloss lsp, yeah..Essence is my Jeweling Wax!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post

Ultra/fine abrasives plus some added protection use to be called an AIO, now they being marketed as Jeweling wax,

I would respectfully disagree.

I've used cleaner/waxes or AIOs if that's the term you like to use to refer to a one-step cleaner/wax, that used ultra fine abrasives and the products micro-marred the HELL out of the paint.

There's a huge difference in what I call abrasive technology used in car care product.

Just because a product says "ultra fine" doesn't mean it's good.

Last night I buffed out a black car using good abrasive technology, paint came out looking great. Today I have another black car to buff out and again I'm going to use great abrasive technology and I assume the paint will come out looking great.

For everyone reading this into the future, I created a poll where I asked what the most important factor is when it comes to polishing paint and the majority of people voted --> Technique.

POLL - What's the number one most important factor when it comes to polishing paint?

The answer technique is ego-driven because it means "you" are the reason paint comes out looking great. Sorry to hurt the feeling of all the alpha male detailers out there but I've shown little kinds, ladies and seasoned members of our society how to make paint look GREAT and they've never used a buffer before in their lives. The reason they were successful wad due to great abrasive technology.

In that poll - I voted abrasive technology and I'm sticking with that answer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boomdone View Post
    Just looked at the Renny Doyle Jeweling Wax (Envy). It's $55 for 16 oz. Clearly there's a market for these products I guess.
    Americana Jeweling polish is better priced

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@ShineStruck View Post
    Americana Jeweling polish is better priced
    Denny Doyle product is a finishing polish. That's a perfect example of twisting the name. They have a compound medium polish and a finishing polish. There is no ultrafine jeweling polish.

Look at menzerna, they have 3500 the finishing polish. Then 3800 the ultrafine polish. Same thing with rupes. That's what ultrafine means. It has to be a polish beyond the regular finishing polish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    Ultra/fine abrasives plus some added protection use to be called an AIO, now they being marketed as Jeweling wax, next they will be called Finesse Wax or Super Gloss Last Step Polish Wax... CarPro Essence has fine abrasives and lays down a high gloss lsp, yeah..Essence is my Jeweling Wax!
    Ultrafine..... as in finer then a fine finishing polish.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Ultrafine..... as in finer then a fine finishing polish.
    Menzerna Power Protect Ultra or PP Ultra as its commonly known works for me as an Aio or Jeweling wax too. Half a dozen of this or 6 of that...

Post Thanks / Like

Even if u took the abrasives out of it wax quality alone is enough to justify a higher price theoreticially if they are using a better wax

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Even if u took the abrasives out of it wax quality alone is enough to justify a higher price theoreticially if they are using a better wax
    How will you know?

9. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Tested out the Pinnacle Jeweling Wax last night on a 2017 Bentley Sport. Sometime in the next few days I'm going to write an open letter to Bentley and highly recommend they change their paint system. I've worked on a lot of paint systems in my life and they have run from the extreme of so hard that you simply cannot buff them and remove defects, (yellow Ferrari story back in Oregon), and so soft that just wiping them with a clean, dry soft microfiber towel risks scratching the paint.

The Bentley paint falls into the extremely soft side of the paint hardness/paint softness spectrum.

I quite frankly don't think the average customer of Bentley could wash and dry this car without marring the hell out of the paint.

I have a Maserati coming in today and I'm going to do the exact same process to it as I did the Bentley. I hope the paint is harder. Here's a couple of pics, I'll post the full review in the next few days, have some work to for my upcoming Roadshow Detailing Classes that takes first priority.

This is AFTER washing...

This is after the Pinnacle Jeweling wax using the flash of my camera with the overhead lights turned off. That little line below the outline of the flash is not a scratch, it's a reflection of the top curve of the camera lens.

Insane gloss.... almost looks like it has a ceramic coating...

Just an old 4-door Bentley....

You guys can make up your own minds about what words mean but here's what I know from a lot of real-world, hands on experience buffing out thousands of cars over the decades... there is a difference between abrasive technology. You can't just lump all products into the same basket and say they're all the same because they are in the same category.

I guarantee you... not all cleaner/waxes or AIOs can finish out on super soft black paint like a true jeweling wax, that is a cleaner/wax that uses great abrasive technology.

11. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful, Mike. Great job. Looks like a very nice product, one that I will likely want to try out!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast