autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Jeweling Wax

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    That is false, The abrasives in a jeweling wax are extra fine and have less cut. You could say they all fall into the general catageory of "cleaner waxes" but they are not the same product. There's 3 types of cleaner waxes as far as I know.

Chemical cleaner waxes that use no abrasives to clean

AIO cleaner wax that has abrasive's and or uses chemicals to clean and cut.

Jeweling wax that has ultra fine abrasive's. Similar to a jeweling polish. Think 3800 or rupes ultrafine.

You seem to be asserting that every product is the same?
    For the casual hobbyist I CERTAINLY AM making an argument that they are effectively the same. That's why I started the thread, using PJW as a proxy for the discussion. Whether the pad or product abrades is semantics, chemical cleaners or not, I can understand some may need the granular definition and choose to jewel. But at the end of the day a gold-tipped pen still writes with ink, regardless of how good it looks or expensive it is to acquire.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeweling wax, cleaner wax, same same, they clean, shine protect. A rose by any other name...

Post Thanks / Like

A "jeweling wax" Is not going to have as much cut as something like hd speed and it should finish better. I could make the same arguement op is making about wax or anything really. Why is 1 wax $5 dollars and the other $1200 they do the same thing?

Post Thanks / Like

A "jeweling wax" Is not going to have as much cut as something like hd speed and it should finish better. I could make the same arguement op is making about wax or anything really. Why is 1 wax $5 dollars and the other $1200 they do the same thing?
    All things being equal, at some point you are being price gouged for something that isn’t x times better than another product.

A company labeling this as a jeweling wax matters very little to me, because if hd speed or blackfire one step both finish down haze free, what can this really do that you’d even be able to notice without pulling out a gloss meter or something?

Hd speed is .93 per ounce
    Bf one step is 1.25 per ounce
    Pinnacle jeweling wax is 2.87 per ounce

Is it really worth 2-3x more than competing products that are notorious for finishing down beautifully while providing pretty solid correction too?

I’m not trying to bash the product or anything, as it’s clearly not marketed towards someone like me. The value for the $$ just can’t possibly be there (subjective, no doubt.)

But I think it’s definitely worth being realistic about what it is. It’s just an AIO, same as any other abrasive AIO. To label it otherwise just seems like arguing semantics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Thanks mwoywod thanked for this post
    Likes Ronin47, mwoywod liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Do a side by side and see if you notice any difference between a jeweling wax and any aio.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    All things being equal, at some point you are being price gouged for something that isn’t x times better than another product.

A company labeling this as a jeweling wax matters very little to me, because if hd speed or blackfire one step both finish down haze free, what can this really do that you’d even be able to notice without pulling out a gloss meter or something?

Hd speed is .93 per ounce
    Bf one step is 1.25 per ounce
    Pinnacle jeweling wax is 2.87 per ounce

Is it really worth 2-3x more than competing products that are notorious for finishing down beautifully while providing pretty solid correction too?

I’m not trying to bash the product or anything, as it’s clearly not marketed towards someone like me. The value for the $$ just can’t possibly be there (subjective, no doubt.)

But I think it’s definitely worth being realistic about what it is. It’s just an AIO, same as any other abrasive AIO. To label it otherwise just seems like arguing semantics.

Well again I disagree, While those AIO's do finish down well there is always room for improvement. When I used blackfire 1 step on my roof it worked well but I'm not going to say it's the best the finish could possibly get. Haze free and perfect are to different things. If the jeweling wax is true to it's name it will finish better or at least the wax inside should be a higher quality.

Some of us do break out the gloss meter. You look like one of us going by your avi pic. Again I could say about a 1000 dollar wax " It’s just a wax, same as any other wax. To label it otherwise just seems like arguing semantics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    Do a side by side and see if you notice any difference between a jeweling wax and any aio.
    Side by side comparisons are almost useless. You have to look at the whole car overall at different lights and angles to really see a diffrence between 1 product and another. That's just a fact. Ive seen 100's of side by side comparisons on this site between every diffrent product there is and I almost never see any difference in that setting.

Also if you say there is "no difference" then logicially I assume you don't think there is any difference between any 2 AIO's side by side? So should everything always come down to getting the cheapest product available?

Post Thanks / Like

Just looked at the Renny Doyle Jeweling Wax (Envy). It's $55 for 16 oz. Clearly there's a market for these products I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Well again I disagree, While those AIO's do finish down well there is always room for improvement. When I used blackfire 1 step on my roof it worked well but I'm not going to say it's the best the finish could possibly get. Haze free and perfect are to different things. If the jeweling wax is true to it's name it will finish better or at least the wax inside should be a higher quality.

Some of us do break out the gloss meter. You look like one of us going by your avi pic. Again I could say about a 1000 dollar wax " It’s just a wax, same as any other wax. To label it otherwise just seems like arguing semantics.
    I think the point is that there are certain AIO's like HD Speed & BF One-step that have the potential to finish as good or better than even the finest finishing polishes on the market. IMO, HD Speed & BF 1-step could easily be considered both an "AIO" as well as a "Jeweling Wax"

11. Thanks Finick thanked for this post
    Likes Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    I think the point is that there are certain AIO's like HD Speed & BF One-step have the potential to finish as good or better than even the finest finishing polishes on the market. IMO, HD Speed & BF 1-step could easily be considered both an "AIO" as well as a "Jeweling Wax"
    This was pretty much my point. Hd speed and bf one step easily rivals the finishing polish I have on hand (pinnacle advanced finishing, which i like a lot.)

Trying to quantify where you draw the line on whether something is jeweling or not seems arbitrary, given the nature of how some products finish down on certain paints.

If UC finishes down LSP ready on some paints does that make UC a jeweling compound in those cases? What about m205 or UP? Those finish down beautifully for many people and provide crazy gloss, but I don’t see them labeled for jeweling.

I just think at a certain point you get into an area of detailing where definitions become nebulous, and enthusiasm trumps objectivity.

I don’t advocate the cheapest products, but supporting products that are expensive just to be expensive isn’t really my style.

That being said though; this strikes me as an enthusiast product, which makes sense in terms of pricing.

13. Likes mwoywod liked this post
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast