autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Over Zaino

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Over Zaino

Quote Originally Posted by stan0324 View Post
    I am new to this site. Guess this site is no different than the others. Not sure if you were trying to help or whatever. First post and probably my last.
    Alright good riddance....

2. Dislikes custmsprty disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I plan on clay barring my car in a few weeks and then applying Zaino. I am looking for a deep wet look. What is the best product to use ?
    Howdy, and welcome to the Forum. Stick around, I'm sure any questions asked were not intended to be rude, or provocative.

I've used Zaino, perhaps around 10 years ago. It was an OK product, looked nice. About the only dislikes I had using such as Z2 is noticed that sometimes it could prove to be a bit difficult removing. Like it took forever to dry sometimes for ease of wipe off.

This might've been exasperated by particular weather conditions (relative humidity)

Over the years I've read comments here and there about the product, some rumoring that it was very similar to the Duragloss products sold here and elsewhere, and as well even a few claiming they were actually based from the same manufacturing plant.

Of this I do not actually know as fact, but have noted that Duragloss #111 did seem very similar to Z2 in many aspects. They looked similar, smelled similar, and worked similar. I'd give the edge to #111 in that it didn't need an accelerator to speed dry times.

To get on with your question, I guess you're looking for an "easy" topper product that will compliment the look of Z2. I'm again guessing that you're not looking to go full blown with harder to apply carnaubas, or yet just another wipe on-wipe off Sealant, correct?

Probably then, a nice Detailer Spray?

If so, there's boatloads to choose from.

On the less expensive side could be Duragloss Aquawax, which there are many who like this product, myself included. Others could be a product such as Carpro ECH2O which can be used as both a Detailer Spray, or a Waterless Wash and Drying Aid.

Or a more expensive Detailer Spray such as Pinnacle Crystal Mist. Although pricey, I've noted the Crystal Mist gives quite synergistic performance and looks, really making many Sealants "pop" with a dripping wet Candy Apple look with high reflectivity, and clarity.

Hope this helps some.

4. Thanks stan0324 thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

I am new to this site.

Guess this site is no different than the others.

Not sure if you were trying to help or whatever.
    Actually, this forum is different than most forums as we take pride in having a fun and friendly forum that helps people reach their goals. I don't think Setec Astronomy meant any ill will in his post on what to use as a topper over Zaino's products as that is or was a popular step to do a few years back.

6. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Now to play the part of an adult here on this forum...

I am very disappointed in the two posts below...

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

Soft....should go on the cover of Soft magazine, geeez!

Our members always try and help out, asking this question was geared to give you a better answer, i.e. what exactly are you trying to do? If your looking for a deep finish why would you even use Z in the first place, caranubas give you THAT look whereas Z gives you a shiney, "plastic" look, which still looks good.

I have to ask, Corvette owner, right?

The new member, in their first post asked an normal and innocent question and you take him to task?

That's just rude.

Been watching you learn since you joined this forum and then you post this to a brand new member that again, in their first post asks a normal and innocent question?

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post

Alright good riddance....

That is simply rude and I know I don't like it or appreciate and I'm sure the owner and management of this company don't like it or appreciate it.

Here's something from the forum rules for both of you.

Forum Rules

Let me make the font size nice and big so you can see it...

4. No bashing any company or their products. No bashing other people.

If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all, this also includes talking to others in a demeaning manner.

REMEMBER this forum is here for those that are new to detailing and those that have been doing this for years. We expect that you treat everyone with respect no matter what their level of detailing is. We all had to start somewhere.

Moving forward I hope and expect to see both of you refrain from making posts like you did in this thread.

Now I'm going to go look up the OPs e-mail via the Admin Panel and send them an e-mail apologizing for your posts.

8. Likes oneheadlite, custmsprty liked this post
    Mike Phillips

And also to comment....

I would like to say THANK YOU to all the guys and their comments below. These are they kind of replies to a person's questions that sets this forum apart from all the mean spirited discussion forums in the blogosphere.

Thank you for replying to the OP in a helpful, friendly and respectful manner. It's posts like the ones below that show professionalism and common courtesy - expecially to a complete stranger that came to this forum for help, not to be chastised or talked down to.

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

Come again? Did I misunderstand that you are looking for a Zaino topper to give it a deep, wet look?

That is an old standard practice to top a sealant with a wax, to get the combination of sealant longevity and wax appearance.

If that isn't what you were asking please clarify. Or at least wait for Mike Phillips to answer your question since this is his subforum that I jumped into.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

I hope you give this forum a chance. In no way are any members here trying to being crass or rude. Setec's reply was all about trying to help you with your question, and he even took the time to give you 3 links to excellent products.

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post

Meguiar's M26 Hi - Tech Yellow Wax has been a favorite for years. It might not have that luxury price tag, but delivers in looks and feel.

I use the paste version. Very easy to over apply, but once you get the hang of the thin coat, it's a breeze to apply, and wipe off. I usually apply it over Meguiar's M21.

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post

I have never used Zaino so please correct me if I am totally wrong about that product and am speaking out of my behind

The only thing I know about Zaino comes from a Youtube video an enthousiast made comparing Zaino and F11.

So F11 is basically a 100$ bottle of Meguiar's Express Spraywax D156. Nothing worth tallking about.

As for Zaino... the guy showed the 3 step process, took him for ever do do the whole car (was a Trans Am if I remember correctly).

So my question is this: If you are gonna spend 6-8 hours working on a car, why not do a real detail with a polishing step then applying either a coating or a long lasting sealant? From what I understand, Zaino is very expensive and doesn't last that long. It's hard to tell on camera but the shine of the car looked very standard, I did not get an impression that this process produced a result better than a polish and seal.

Would love to read your thoughts on this. I know that the best shine I have ever been able to get is when I do a correction step, polish with CarPro essence, then apply a coating topped with Reload. If have also done cars where I did not coat, just applied Essence and Realod and the shine is amazing. The paint looks like a mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post

Dont know if the OP is gonna come back but

Would do a wax over Zaino if anything at all. Something like Poorboys natty. Dodo juice soft or hard. Optimum car wax. Pete’s 53

Just a matter of experimenting what looks best to you

Z2 pro lasts a long time. One of the best sealants in the real world still today for longevity. There are tons of water spot complaints however. On the other side of the coin a coating lasts longer but still can have that water spot issue.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post

Howdy, and welcome to the Forum. Stick around, I'm sure any questions asked were not intended to be rude, or provocative.

I've used Zaino, perhaps around 10 years ago. It was an OK product, looked nice. About the only dislikes I had using such as Z2 is noticed that sometimes it could prove to be a bit difficult removing. Like it took forever to dry sometimes for ease of wipe off.

This might've been exasperated by particular weather conditions (relative humidity)

Over the years I've read comments here and there about the product, some rumoring that it was very similar to the Duragloss products sold here and elsewhere, and as well even a few claiming they were actually based from the same manufacturing plant.

Of this I do not actually know as fact, but have noted that Duragloss #111 did seem very similar to Z2 in many aspects. They looked similar, smelled similar, and worked similar. I'd give the edge to #111 in that it didn't need an accelerator to speed dry times.

To get on with your question, I guess you're looking for an "easy" topper product that will compliment the look of Z2. I'm again guessing that you're not looking to go full blown with harder to apply carnaubas, or yet just another wipe on-wipe off Sealant, correct?

Probably then, a nice Detailer Spray?

If so, there's boatloads to choose from.

On the less expensive side could be Duragloss Aquawax, which there are many who like this product, myself included. Others could be a product such as Carpro ECH2O which can be used as both a Detailer Spray, or a Waterless Wash and Drying Aid.

Or a more expensive Detailer Spray such as Pinnacle Crystal Mist. Although pricey, I've noted the Crystal Mist gives quite synergistic performance and looks, really making many Sealants "pop" with a dripping wet Candy Apple look with high reflectivity, and clarity.

Hope this helps some.

10. Thanks stan0324 thanked for this post
    Likes oneheadlite, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am new to this site. Guess this site is no different than the others. Not sure if you were trying to help or whatever. First post and probably my last.
    I certainly apologize for my comment to Mike if you were offended. Are these not rude remarks to make to the forum after 1 post. One must give respect if they want to get respect. I understand your position as a representative of pbmg. I'm just a regular poster and his comment was insulting to me. I read people's threads and try to help them to. His comments were out of line.

I've been an active member and customer for 2 years. Why am I getting reprimanded and he's getting an apology? I don't think that's fair

12. Likes Kacz liked this post
    Dislikes custmsprty disliked this post
    Mike Phillips

I'm just a regular poster and his comment was insulting to me. I read people's threads and try to help them to. His comments were out of line.
    Your reply is not how we roll on this forum. And this is why I posted the forum rule that you broke.

And now I'm going to post it again. Please read it and the abide by it in future partipation on this forum.

Forum Rules

If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all, this also includes talking to others in a demeaning manner.

I've been an active member and customer for 2 years. Why am I getting reprimanded and he's getting an apology? I don't think that's fair

What you wrote was rude and I have personally invested 9+ years into making this forum a friendly forum, not a forum filled with people that make rude comments to BRAND NEW FORUM MEMBERS.

So use this as a teaching moment and next time you feel like telling a brand new forum member good riddance.... here's some friendly advice....

Click away... don't post.

Push away from the keyboard, don't post.

I've subscribed to this thread so now I'm going to get an e-mail every time someone posts a reply to this thread. NOTICE I didn't put you in Time Out or take any other action against your account on this forum. We all make mistakes including yours truly. What I've learned in my life is when I make a mistake, the best thing to do is own up to it.

My personal advice to you would be let it go and learn from the experience.

14. Likes custmsprty, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Your reply is not how we roll on this forum. And this is why I posted the forum rule that you broke.

And now I'm going to post it again. Please read it and the abide by it in future partipation on this forum.

Forum Rules

What you wrote was rude and I have personally invested 9+ years into making this forum a friendly forum, not a forum filled with people that make rude comments to BRAND NEW FORUM MEMBERS.

So use this as a teaching moment and next time you feel like telling a brand new forum member good riddance.... here's some friendly advice....

Click away... don't post.

Push away from the keyboard, don't post.

I've subscribed to this thread so now I'm going to get an e-mail every time someone posts a reply to this thread. NOTICE I didn't put you in Time Out or take any other action against your account on this forum. We all make mistakes including yours truly. What I've learned in my life is when I make a mistake, the best thing to do is own up to it.

My personal advice to you would be let it go and learn from the experience.

Alright Mike I will take that advice. Thank you,

16. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, first post and the guy goes with the "nuclear option", the meme was funny. I guess it all depends where your from with how you react to things, born and raised in Detroit and now in Chicagoland for the past 8 years, neither are a soft city.

Backhanding the entire forum like that is uncalled for, using humor to deal with it is the least I could do...and I did. Soft is soft, period.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Mike Phillips

You know.... it would probably have been better if just let it go... but you didn't so here's my reply to you.

First you follow-up post...

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

Yeah, first post and the guy goes with the "nuclear option", the meme was funny. I guess it all depends where your from with how you react to things, born and raised in Detroit and now in Chicagoland for the past 8 years, neither are a soft city.

Backhanding the entire forum like that is uncalled for, using humor to deal with it is the least I could do...and I did. Soft is soft, period.

This isn't your forum. If you want make fun of new members or any members start your own forum. I don't care where you came from... I care how you treat others on Autogeek's forum. It's not your job to judge the new member's reaction to the answers he was given, I believe he misunderstood what Mike aka Setec Astronomy meant and I shared that in the e-mail I sent him apologizing for your comments. Regardless, it's still not your job to judge his remarks and then chastise him for them.

And again, I'm going to post the forum rules and this time I want you to read them because I'm going to enforce them if you continue down this road. Note the size of the font, that's a signal.

Forum Rules

My advice to you is push away from the keyboard if you can't say anything nice. And if you choose to break another forum rule, this one specifically,

2. No arguing with Moderators or Administrators.

Then you will be put into Time Out. My advice to you is to let it go...

19. Likes custmsprty, PaulMys liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast