autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel is now at Autogeek!

Would love to see a 50/50 of the difference 1 of their spray on product makes.. Professional pictures that appear to have filters are bound to look good. I’d like to to see the bare bones real deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Would love to see a 50/50 of the difference 1 of their spray on product makes.. Professional pictures that appear to have filters are bound to look good. I’d like to to see the bare bones real deal.
    My pictures are all taken with a samsung galaxy S8. No photoshopping, editing etc. How they are posted is how they look when they are taken.

I'll leave the comaprison up to you as I'm sold on PA products so no need for me to waste the time on doing any comparisons
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

3. Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel is now at Autogeek!

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    My pictures are all taken with a samsung galaxy S8. No photoshopping, editing etc. How they are posted is how they look when they are taken.

I'll leave the comaprison up to you as I'm sold on PA products so no need for me to waste the time on doing any comparisons
    I wasn’t talking about your pictures....

And no need for you to waste your time to make comparisons? Oh if that’s the case, all it would take would be some good marketing for a detailing brand to be successful. Oh wait, there’s already a few of them doing exactly that... I’m not throwing shade at the Polish Angel brand, I’d just like to see the difference it makes, because for the price tag I’d expect the difference to be quite significant or at least visible.

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn’t talking about your pictures....

And no need for you to waste your time to make comparisons? Oh if that’s the case, all it would take would be some good marketing for a detailing brand to be successful. Oh wait, there’s already a few of them doing exactly that... I’m not throwing shade at the Polish Angel brand, I’d just like to see the difference it makes, because for the price tag I’d expect the difference to be quite significant or at least visible.
    I know you weren't.

But how about putting some skin in the game and do the comparison yourself? Then report back to the forum.

As far as throwing shade goes, if your commenting about a product without having used it personally, well, that is pretty much self explanatory.

I'm just pointing out the obvious as you seem to do in many of your posts these days. For example, commenting on Ron's "professionally taken pictures"

It's all good E2K.

Have a great weekend.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

And by bare bones pics I simply mean normL pics taken with a quality cell phone without the use of filters, special lighting, or similar options.

Here’s some examples of normL untouched, unedited pics taken with iPhone. IMO this presents the vehicle as close to real life as possible.

Here’s the same car, same time, but these pics were taken with a high end latest technology camera. Notice the blurr effect of the background and that’s just minor jazz to spruce it up, but you can see the difference.

This is the only time you’ll ever see me post pics like that.Polish Angel is now at Autogeek!I prefer to keep it 100% natural, like the 1st 3 photos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I know you weren't.

But how about putting some skin in the game and do the comparison yourself? Then report back to the forum.

As far as throwing shade goes, if your commenting about a product without having used it personally, well, that is pretty much self explanatory.

I'm just pointing out the obvious as you seem to do in many of your posts these days. For example, commenting on Ron's "professionally taken pictures"

It's all good E2K.

Have a great weekend.
    This is the Polish Angel thread is it not? I came in here expecting to find people who use it. Is it too much to ask to see what it looks like? Heck, not that I care about it, but I take the time to take a bunch of pics for other people on here. I’m just interested, geez...

And I didn’t talk about anything without using it. What are you referring to?

Post Thanks / Like

About a year and a half ago I bought a new 2017 CLS550 (love this beast btw!). I figured I would spend a few extra bucks and get a top of the line product to protect the beautiful Mercedes paint option called, "Diamond White". I ordered the PA white wax "Carnaubaflockencreme - Snow White". I topped it a week later and after a wash with PA's "High Gloss". Prior to all this I cleaned the paint with P21S Paintwork Cleanser, a non-abrasive paint cleaner. The results were very, very good to say the least but not stunning enough to give up on my other favorite products for this paint (I have owned other MB cars with this same paint so I have experimented extensively over the years with "Diamond White". Those favorites include Duragloss 111, FK1000 and Collinite 845 and, on occasion, a dose of Sonax Polymer Net Shield followed by Brilliant Shine detailer.

The PA made the flakes in the Diamond White paint pop a little better and this was especially noticeable under lights. But the price of PA, when compared to these other products, just did not seem justified. Because I detail often the durability of products is not a major issue and I assume PA will last as long as any of them. For me, it is all about looks and ease of use. PA is very easy to use, especially when compared to Sonax. But the cost is several times as much. I don't mind spending the money since this is a very expensive automobile but I don't see a real reason to do so when I am so happy with several other, less expensive products. If they dropped the price 25 or 30% I would buy PA exclusively.Polish Angel is now at Autogeek!-cls-detail-polish-angel-010-jpgPolish Angel is now at Autogeek!-cls-detail-polish-angel-008-jpgPolish Angel is now at Autogeek!-cls-detail-polish-angel-007-jpgPolish Angel is now at Autogeek!-cls-detail-polish-angel-006-jpgPolish Angel is now at Autogeek!-cls-detail-polish-angel-005-jpgPolish Angel is now at Autogeek!-cls-detail-polish-angel-004-jpgPolish Angel is now at Autogeek!-cls-detail-polish-angel-003-jpgPolish Angel is now at Autogeek!-celine-2-004-1024x768-jpg

9. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a pic of their Gold Zirkon spray wax. I am no photo wiz, so a bare bones pic. You can see the Gold Flake on the paint, Ron scoffed at me and said he would never buy a $100 spray wax. Then he tried it.
    Before:
    Polish Angel is now at Autogeek!-dsc_0042-jpg

After:
    Polish Angel is now at Autogeek!-dsc_0045-jpg

PA does have a very discernible difference. You have to decide if the price is worth it to you. As with all products it’s very much personal preference and a YMMV thing.

To me on my personal cars the look and ease of use make for a therapeutic enjoyable experience.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Detailing is a way of life, not a hobby!

11. Thanks ronkh57 thanked for this post
    Likes custmsprty, SWETM, ronkh57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

@TuxedoTaurus. I appreciate the reply.

No rush, but it someone can show a 50/50 pic because I’m interested to see what it looks like.

Something like this.

Post Thanks / Like

@TuxedoTaurus. I appreciate the reply.

No rush, but it someone can show a 50/50 pic because I’m interested to see what it looks like.

Something like this.

No problem. I can’t get an honest side by side right now since my car is coated in cosmic with zircon, cosmic spritz, and high gloss layers. To get a clean base and honeys 50/50 I would need to polish it off.

However, a month ago I totaled my truck. Besides still waiting for my check (long story). I am looking at a newer one, which will need a full correction. Before I coat it I will polish the hood and apply, Meg UQW/Aquawax/Gold Zirkon/High Gloss. Unless someone beats me to it. It will probably be a week or two. I will say after using a couple coatings, I will be using the Cosmic system on the paint.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Detailing is a way of life, not a hobby!

14. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast