autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yes, I bought a KIA

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    If some people are embarassed about the Kia logo it is from lack of knowledge. Kia has been dominating the industry for the last 5 years for best value for money and for having the best warranty, which means they are confident in the reliability of their products. Compare that to Nissan who sells the GTR with Launch Control, but if you use it more than 5 times you loose your warranty... LOL talk about a ridiculous implementation of a feature

The only thing I don't like about the Kia badge is that it's petty plain looking. I might change it for something cooler. But it's such a small detail. I really like the Style of Kia cars. They look almost European in some aspects. The Stinger is beautiful, but their entire line looks good.
    I am not embarrassed. It's fun telling people that's it's a Kia and they can't believe it! I admit I am removing the rear KIA badge and replacing it with the large Stinger script like they do in Korea. This is purely cosmetic, I just like the way that looks!
    2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

2. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    Not to jump off track, but since warranty has come up. I have a co worker who owns a KIA, don't know the model, one of the smaller ones. However sometime ago in a brief conversation she said that KIA told her she has to get her oil changed at the dealer or her warranty could be voided. Any truth to that?
    That's is true that you need a certified Kia service dealer to keep the warrenty. And that is all of the service so you can't even do an oil change by your self. That's some mayor dispointment. So for the next 7 years you will have to leave the car in for service. This is how it's in Sweden.

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to jump off track, but since warranty has come up. I have a co worker who owns a KIA, don't know the model, one of the smaller ones. However sometime ago in a brief conversation she said that KIA told her she has to get her oil changed at the dealer or her warranty could be voided. Any truth to that?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    That's is true that you need a certified Kia service dealer to keep the warrenty. And that is all of the service so you can't even do an oil change by your self. That's some mayor dispointment. So for the next 7 years you will have to leave the car in for service. This is how it's in Sweden.
    that is not true in the US of A. Our Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation's consumer protection agency, clearly outlines they can not void a warranty simply for having routine service performed elsewhere.

Auto Warranties & Routine Maintenance | Consumer Information
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Thanks Klasse Act, Misterpaul thanked for this post
    Likes k35fields, Hammer77, derek0609, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback. I have bought a lot of cars in my time and never heard of this. I forgot about it till this morning, and I will forward the link TTQ B4U provided to her!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    that is not true in the US of A. Our Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation's consumer protection agency, clearly outlines they can not void a warranty simply for having routine service performed elsewhere.

Auto Warranties & Routine Maintenance | Consumer Information
    True but there are plenty of people that have given up fighting a manufacturer/dealer that is willing to push you into a court case. I have a friend that put an cat back exhaust on his mustang and a year or so later the motor went. He thought he was covered by the Magnuson-Moss act but by the time he got a lawyer and everything else is would have cost him more so he gave up. There are plenty of dealers that are willing to push you this far to get out of paying for a repair so don't rest assured consumer protection is a given. Your best bet is to create a good relationship with the dealer and if this is doing something simple like oil changes then I'm ok with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Yet Ford sells a cat-back system built by someone else, LOL.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Yet Ford sells a cat-back system built by someone else, LOL.

Yeah I know and they warranty it. I know Jeep does the same thing for the wrangler with suspension products but if you even install the exact same mopar lift they will ot cover it.

Post Thanks / Like

That would depend on local laws. But as far as I know, anywhere in the world the maintenance has to be done on time and by distance which ever comes first and no manufacturer can force you to do it at the dealership. It is on the owner to keep records of the maintenance by keeping the invoices. The advantage of doing it at the dealership is that every time you go in it's in their computer system so they have a record of what was done.

12. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

14. Likes derek0609 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    WOW...THAT color! They need to make that for sureYes, I bought a KIA

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

16. Likes VISITOR liked this post