autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I am lost right now

how's Dude doing?

2. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for asking! He is doing really good. We notice a few thing different about him since this started, he lays in a few places regularly that he didn't before. He has a hard time jumping in the car, we just pick him up, he still goes in the car daily. He sleeps a lot, the Keppra does that, but still when he sees the mail lady he is ready for war! Talked with the Doc a couple weeks ago on the phone to give her an update. Everything seems really good!

Post Thanks / Like

Just an update, everything is going great! Since this all happened he has gained 6lbs. mostly because of the steroids, makes him want to eat and drink a little more. That's ok he has always been a in shape pooch, and he is 12 years old, I think he gave up on vanity. Talked to the neurologist about two weeks ago, and as it stands we will just continue to talk on the phone every two weeks or so for updates. Probably take him in after the new year so they can check him out. Still rides in the car daily he loves it, I guess I got a car dog!

5. Likes VISITOR, custmsprty, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^ glad to hear he is doing great!

7. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is wonderful news!
    Thx for the update. We were all pulling for your pup.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    Just an update, everything is going great! Since this all happened he has gained 6lbs. mostly because of the steroids, makes him want to eat and drink a little more. That's ok he has always been a in shape pooch, and he is 12 years old, I think he gave up on vanity. Talked to the neurologist about two weeks ago, and as it stands we will just continue to talk on the phone every two weeks or so for updates. Probably take him in after the new year so they can check him out. Still rides in the car daily he loves it, I guess I got a car dog!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

9. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really good to hear that, Dave!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

11. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

update - how's Dude doing?

13. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was planning on giving a update next Friday, but since you asked. I'll give it now!

Things are pretty good. He has gained weight, when this started he was 28lbs for years, now he is weighing in at around 40lbs. He is currently take a half of his steroid pill every other day, which is good. Still takes Keppra twice a day, and Prilosec once a day. As far as that, yea, he is back to his usual tricks.

A few weeks ago he had a hit with pancreatitis, with him this has happened from time to time. A trip to his regular Vet. and he's better in 2 days. A month ago I had pneumonia, he never left my side except to go out. He is my buddy!

Last month we had a appointment to go to the neurologist so Dr. Galle could check him out, but he had a death in the family and had to go out of town, he's from Mississippi. So we are going there next Friday to see the Doc. He may want to schedule another MRI, we will see then.

All in all things are positive, and thanks for asking. I will let you know in a week what the Doc says.

Dave.

15. Thanks VISITOR thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent news!!!!

My ~14 year old sheep dog (Mopsy) has recently lost the ability to jump up on our bed and needs help getting up there to sleep. Her appetite is good, her attitude is good and her personality hasn't changed. She does tend to stand in one location and just stare at something, but that is only when nothing is going on ... when the wife and I aren't being active. She's scheduled to go to the vet for a check up and we'll ask all our questions then, but she doesn't appear to be in distress about anything and she's still as excitable as a puppy (especially with the mailman, dinner time, or when she needs to go outside).

These are my fur babies, Maxi, the brown Boxer/Bulldog mix on top, and Mopsy (buzzed for summer - she would overheat if we didn't shave her, a sheep dog's hair traps heat, it doesn't protect from the heat). They lay together a lot...Mopsy is older. When we got Maxi, she would cry ALL NIGHT in the cage, but if we put Mopsy in there with her, she stayed quiet and would sleep, so you could say they are ALMOST like litter mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    I was planning on giving a update next Friday, but since you asked. I'll give it now!

Things are pretty good. He has gained weight, when this started he was 28lbs for years, now he is weighing in at around 40lbs. He is currently take a half of his steroid pill every other day, which is good. Still takes Keppra twice a day, and Prilosec once a day. As far as that, yea, he is back to his usual tricks.

A few weeks ago he had a hit with pancreatitis, with him this has happened from time to time. A trip to his regular Vet. and he's better in 2 days. A month ago I had pneumonia, he never left my side except to go out. He is my buddy!

Last month we had a appointment to go to the neurologist so Dr. Galle could check him out, but he had a death in the family and had to go out of town, he's from Mississippi. So we are going there next Friday to see the Doc. He may want to schedule another MRI, we will see then.

All in all things are positive, and thanks for asking. I will let you know in a week what the Doc says.

Dave.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

17. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Likes Hammer77, PaulMys, VISITOR, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They look like the best of friends Don!

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast