autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    That’s weird to see the bristles just fall out like that. I’ve become a big fan of those brushes and have several of them on hand. I’ve put some of them through hell and back, to the point where I was going to toss them but instead I washed them and they were usable again. Post Your Unpacking Pictures
    I believe I was reading a thread where you mentioned those brushes, which is why I ended up bookmarking them. I don’t know if you mentioned using them to brush the face of a pad, but holding them I feel like I’d enjoy using them for that purpose.

The standard pad conditioning brush just feels really aggressive to me, but even if these don’t work out for that they feel like they’d be useful for lots of other things.

It’s alright about the bristles though, they’re pretty inexpensive so I don’t think it’s worth being too upset about as long as the rest of them don’t fall out too. Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I’ll be sure to let you know my thoughts on it after awhile. I can’t say that D101 has ever let me down, if anything it surprises me every time I use it on something I look at and think “yeah, idk if that’ll clean up.”
    I'm currently in the same boat. D101 has never let me down, but for some reason I've been looking to see if there's something that does a better job. When it comes to interior, BriteMax Grimeout was my latest test and it was a complete fail. I've got a gallon of RD Carpet Bomber coming next [if it ever comes off backorder]

But I can't help but wonder if looking elsewhere is just going to result in wasted time and money... Once in a while you'll hear people try and knock Megs D101 for whatever reason they can come up with, and then there's the whole "you shouldn't use APC to clean carpet because it'll just re soil"
    It's very similar to the anti leather conditioner argument...

Meh.. Sometimes I wonder why I bother to allow myself to believe even a little bit of certain detailing myths. The new 1 is that using APC to clean carpet will result in matted carpet over the long run. Yea sure, I really really believe that 1. Post Your Unpacking Pictures [sarcasm]

If all the myths are true, I'd like them to explain why the heck Megs D101 does such a better job than their so called better alternatives or copycat cleaners. Btw I've never noticed any pre mature re soiling either.

All I've noticed is that D101 can clean carpet matts and do it fairly easy @10:1 with just a scrub brush and a terry towel.

I should listen to Mike Phillips' advice when he says - "find something that works for you and use it often" instead of "listen to what they say and waste your time and money" Post Your Unpacking Pictureslol.

3. Thanks Finick, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Your Unpacking Pictures

I'm currently in the same boat. D101 has never let me down, but for some reason I've been looking to see if there's something that does a better job. When it comes to interior, BriteMax Grimeout was my latest test and it was a complete fail. I've got a gallon of RD Carpet Bomber coming next [if it ever comes off backorder]

But I can't help but wonder if looking elsewhere is just going to result in wasted time and money... Once in a while you'll hear people try and knock Megs D101 for whatever reason they can come up with, and then there's the whole "you shouldn't use APC to clean carpet because it'll just re soil"
    It's very similar to the anti leather conditioner argument...

Meh.. Sometimes I wonder why I bother to allow myself to believe even a little bit of certain detailing myths. The new 1 is that using APC to clean carpet will result in matted carpet over the long run. Yea sure, I really really believe that 1. Post Your Unpacking Pictures [sarcasm]

If all the myths are true, I'd like them to explain why the heck Megs D101 does such a better job than their so called better alternatives or copycat cleaners. Btw I've never noticed any pre mature re soiling either.

All I've noticed is that D101 can clean carpet matts and do it fairly easy @10:1 with just a scrub brush and a terry towel.
    I had never even used D101 until recently because we (when I detailed from like.. 2006ish to 2008/9) exclusively used APC+. Once I got it and started cleaning up my new to me car, I was honestly blown away at how well it cleaned (my dad is a smoker, so the amount of disgusting that came out of the cloth interior was amazing.) Came on here just to see what other people had done with it, and was pretty surprised to find a good few people talking about it not having enough cleaning power. Could've fooled me on that one!

Not to mention, D101 does say that it's formulated for interiors, so to me that would mean it's perfectly fine to use without any type of fiber cleansing concoction.

Plus, how would you even prove that? There's not even a general consensus on how to tell if the protection is completely gone from our paint (in regards to "stripping" the paint), but people are tryin to convince me that some APC residue is gonna destroy my carpets... All I can think when I see these kinds of statements is "Show me the carfax!"

I'm sure a lot of these ultra specific leather cleaning companies put out really fantastic products, but I often ask myself if they're really worth investing in, and I usually decide no. If every surface needs a dedicated cleaner I can't wait to get some dashboard cleaner in the future.. or door jamb cleaner.. or idk.. oh, right, air vent cleaner.

My main interest in OPC is mostly just to see if it can fill the spot for a dedicated degreaser and an all purpose cleaner for me. I want to try it out at something like 4/5:1 for exterior uses, and 10:1 for light cleaning on the interior (fingers crossed.) I'm hoping it can take the place of D143 and D101, maybe even be strong enough to clean everything up by just spraying and rinsing vs needing to agitate. Although I suppose I could just use my wheel brightener to clean up my wheels regularly, since that's the most time consuming part of the process anyway.

That floor mat came really clean, that's definitely one of those scenarios where I would've thought it wouldn't have cleaned up as well as it did!

5. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

*nods*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I had never even used D101 until recently because we (when I detailed from like.. 2006ish to 2008/9) exclusively used APC+. Once I got it and started cleaning up my new to me car, I was honestly blown away at how well it cleaned (my dad is a smoker, so the amount of disgusting that came out of the cloth interior was amazing.) Came on here just to see what other people had done with it, and was pretty surprised to find a good few people talking about it not having enough cleaning power. Could've fooled me on that one!

Not to mention, D101 does say that it's formulated for interiors, so to me that would mean it's perfectly fine to use without any type of fiber cleansing concoction.

Plus, how would you even prove that? There's not even a general consensus on how to tell if the protection is completely gone from our paint (in regards to "stripping" the paint), but people are tryin to convince me that some APC residue is gonna destroy my carpets... All I can think when I see these kinds of statements is "Show me the carfax!"

I'm sure a lot of these ultra specific leather cleaning companies put out really fantastic products, but I often ask myself if they're really worth investing in, and I usually decide no. If every surface needs a dedicated cleaner I can't wait to get some dashboard cleaner in the future.. or door jamb cleaner.. or idk.. oh, right, air vent cleaner.

My main interest in OPC is mostly just to see if it can fill the spot for a dedicated degreaser and an all purpose cleaner for me. I want to try it out at something like 4/5:1 for exterior uses, and 10:1 for light cleaning on the interior (fingers crossed.) I'm hoping it can take the place of D143 and D101, maybe even be strong enough to clean everything up by just spraying and rinsing vs needing to agitate. Although I suppose I could just use my wheel brightener to clean up my wheels regularly, since that's the most time consuming part of the process anyway.

That floor mat came really clean, that's definitely one of those scenarios where I would've thought it wouldn't have cleaned up as well as it did!
    after i ran out of OPC (not bad but didn't like it enough to buy another gallon) i bought another gallon of D101 (been through several gallons) and it suits the bill just fine and at more than half the cost. very versatile product...

8. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the choice words on their label of D101. Knocks out a couple of modern day detailing myths. IMO if Meguiars states it on their label, then you can take it to the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

Used a couple birthday gift certs and took advantage of the Lincoln sale. Back row is DG #901 carwash, a rare DG product I never used before, LOL Then the new for 2018 Megs All Wheel cleaner and recently released to the AG buying public, a Kenotek product, this one is their carwash soap called Brilliant wash.

The front row has 6, rolled edge mf towels from a recent BOGO and 3 edgeless polishing clothes. In the middle is Connolly leather cleaner concentrate. This product was 82% off, had to buy it. I only have a leather steering wheel and shiftboot but who knows, a set of Abarth leather seats are right around the corner, maybe this is a gateway into Connolly products, besides, it's made in England, has to be goodPost Your Unpacking PicturesPost Your Unpacking Pictures

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

11. Likes A2D Signature liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a used 3401 in the mail today off of a fellow Autogeek and boyyyy am I happy!

Feels wayyyy more solid than the GG6 I have used for years. Can’t wait to try this bad boy out tomorrow!

13. Likes ronkh57, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I made a pretty good dent in my X-mas GC with mostly McKee's stuff.

15. Likes SWETM, A2D Signature, GEM65, tmdals0213 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I used the brush that barfed up some bristles right out of the package, and he barfed up 3 more tufts, so that’s disappointing Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Page 729 of 922 FirstFirst ... 229629679719720721722723724725726727728729730731732733734735736737738739779829 ... LastLast