autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Car Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mariana View Post
    Hi. Can gliss be applied immediately after uk? How long would The curing time for uk be?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Per CarPro's recommendation, 4 hours or longer after the either version of cquartz.

2. Thanks Mariana thanked for this post
    Likes Mariana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Avi@CarPro;1555279]Gliss can be applied on Essence if its well dried , it will bond but with less life time .

To apply Gliss on top you just need good Reset washing and eraser after to remove the Echo+reload , and you can coat after with Gliss

Corey said to wash with Reset and TarX and wash again with Reset before applying Gliss. I like your way better, less steps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Nope. Gyeon told me they have no intention of selling it as a stand alone. One has to buy the Gyeon Syncro kit to get it. Skin is on a whole different level. Much slicker and more aggressive water behavior compared to Gliss.
    Gotcha. Too bad. I can appreciate their efforts and 120* contact angle, but I have no interest in having to coat my car 3 times in such a short amount of time. Two layers of Mohs and then another of skin.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

2 coats of CQuartz, 2 coats of Gliss. Gliss was extremely easy to apply.

Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

6. Thanks Avi@CarPro thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a video I took of the hydrophobia:

YouTube

8. Thanks panthershark thanked for this post
    Likes panthershark, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
    2 coats of CQuartz, 2 coats of Gliss. Gliss was extremely easy to apply.

Hi Kirk. Looks Amazing!!!! I already have both products to do this on my white truck, did you apply gliss right after cquartz? Is it uk?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

10. Dislikes Mgavin1985 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just an update on my opinion and experience with CarPro Gliss. In short, I see it as a dud really. Application and slickness were easy and super great. FFWD to today 1 week later and it's first wash and I saw little benefit over just the coating alone. The hydrophobic properties were no better than McKee's 37 v2 or Cquartz UK or 22Ple. Call me disappointed as I was hoping it would really amp up this property but perhaps I'm looking for something that doesn't exist.

In the end I love CarPro Products, but this was not one that I'll be buying again. I actually really want to try Gyeon Skin but I'm not interested in using their entire system on my car yet. Too bad they don't sell just the top coat product. Until then, I'll stick to my "blue juice" ECH20 and Reload topper. Edit: I just ordered the Syncro Kit in anticipation that I'll give it a try on my wife's new car once we purchase it. Gotta love coupon codes when you're in the mood to buy!
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

12. Thanks Mariana, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Gotta love coupon codes when you're in the mood to buy!
    Is there a time when your not in the mood to buy new detailing products?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Just an update on my opinion and experience with CarPro Gliss. In short, I see it as a dud really. Application and slickness were easy and super great. FFWD to today 1 week later and it's first wash and I saw little benefit over just the coating alone. The hydrophobic properties were no better than McKee's 37 v2 or Cquartz UK or 22Ple. Call me disappointed as I was hoping it would really amp up this property but perhaps I'm looking for something that doesn't exist.

In the end I love CarPro Products, but this was not one that I'll be buying again. I actually really want to try Gyeon Skin but I'm not interested in using their entire system on my car yet. Too bad they don't sell just the top coat product. Until then, I'll stick to my "blue juice" ECH20 and Reload topper. Edit: I just ordered the Syncro Kit in anticipation that I'll give it a try on my wife's new car once we purchase it. Gotta love coupon codes when you're in the mood to buy!
    Perhaps it didn’t play well with the Mckee’s coating? Were you using any toppers on Mckee’s?

I had mentioned this in another thread but I didn’t notice a big difference between Gliss it TiO2 side by side in terms of slickness or water behavior.

Skin blows away Gliss in my opinion. Too early to tell on longevity. But after a month Skin is slick as heck. I’ll be giving the car a full bucket wash this weekend to see how it is holding up instead of a rinseless with the typical D114.

Post Thanks / Like

This is just anecdotal, but we have had snow and salt around here lately and I believe that less salt is sticking to the car after the CQuartz and Gliss application. I applied the Gliss the following day after CQuartz. I have wholesale accounts and when I bought this I even had a wholesale coupon so it was really cheap. I have the Autopia wholesale account and a couple of others.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.