autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Weren't you here before, LOLThinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

Inquiring minds would like to know...what do you drive, REALLY, what do you drive? No one who has ever driven an Abarth 500 says it's "underwhelming" but maybe you have an F40 or turbo ND Miata?

For the record the Abarth has been pretty reliable but I did snap the shifter cable about a year ago and did have a MAP sensor go bad, both replaced under warranty. Oh yeah the steering column cover and p/s seat release mechanism also got replaced as well.

Whatever you do though, don't troll this thread or you'll go bye bye, trust me because I swear you came in here and started a bunch of S#IT once before. If not, enjoy the thread and check out the previous pages.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Not trying to start anything. Just giving my opinion whether you agree or not. I think I may have been here before. Too many pages to go through. It’s an old thread and I read this forum almost everyday. I saw this thread and wanted to reply. Sorry if I upset you. The CRZ has been a dog in terms of sales for Honda and it’s specs not that good for a hybrid. As for the Fiat, I think someone recently gave me a review from CR and its was horrible. Cute car though. I own a 16 Audi A6 3.0 and I just purchased a MB18 E400 Coupe for the wife. Sorry chief, I moved out of my parents home in 1981. Have a nice day.

2. Dislikes custmsprty disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Dud, this has basically turned into a build thread and "what's new thread" now as I celebrate 4 years of ownership next month on Valaentine's Day. I read the cute car comment, original for sure but the car looks like a black Pug if I'm honest. I look forward to getting into my car everyday, even when it's dirty and always look back it when walking away. Not sure if you know this but it's the performance version of the car and they even have perf versions of your car too, MB has AMG and Audi has S and RS.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Well Dud, this has basically turned into a build thread and "what's new thread" now as I celebrate 4 years of ownership next month on Valaentine's Day. I read the cute car comment, original for sure but the car looks like a black Pug if I'm honest. I look forward to getting into my car everyday, even when it's dirty and always look back it when walking away. Not sure if you know this but it's the performance version of the car and they even have perf versions of your car too, MB has AMG and Audi has S and RS.

That’s great. You should be enjoying your car. It would be a shame to spend what is a lot of money (these days) and not enjoy your car. Yes, I am well aware of the performance versions of my cars.
    Thanks and keep enjoying your 500 Abarth.

5. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The car goes in tomorrow morning for an oil change and gearbox fluid change. While there they will check the battery, as it's 5 years old now and also a complete brake inspection, not to mention the serpentine belt. I actually bought a take off serp belt for $10.00 because one of vendors had project on a brand new Abarth and it had 100 miles on it before he swapped to a reduction pulley. I'm not having them do the brakes but rather having them do measurements of the pads and rotor thickness.

I'm still doing the "European" oil change, Motul oil and Mann oil filterThinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Black Shine!

Gotta have it nice and clean for preventive maintenance day tomorrow at the dealership.

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pics do this NO justice! Car is at the dealership and per usual, bought the SA and mechanic lunch...Jimmy JohnsThinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts? I told Chris, the SA, that I like to take care of the people that take care of me. It's really nice to see someone so appreciative of my gesture.

Oh and BTW I told him NO CARWASH! Speaking of that the car got trashed going down there, damn salt dustThinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

I pick up the car in about an hour, here's the lowdown:

-Oil change done

-Gearbox fluid being changed now

-Brakes pads at 3 mils @54K, 4 trips to the Dragon and surrounding roads will do That!

- Battery is putting out 473 CCA, impressive for a 5 year old battery...knock on wood.

-Serp belt is in good shape.

Looks like new rotors and pads are happening come this spring, early spring! While that's being done the spark plugs will get swapped out as well. Looking forward to getting my car back and heading back home, it's such a nice day today, too bad the car is filthy but everything, except the brakes, are all doing goodThinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

12. Likes MadMerc, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

I checked on some prices for rotors and pads for the Abarth and it looks like I'll be under $500 for rotors and pads. I'm buying my parts from NGEN Performance for a couple reasons. Number one I've bought many parts from Bryan and he's a great guy.
    I don't expect you guys to remember but many moons ago, when I first got the car I ordered a cue ball shiftknob and it ended up being $10.00 less than I paid for and this guy refunded me the $10.00, I call that INTEGRITY! From that day forward I bought as many parts through his company. Fast forward to about a week or so ago. I found out that Bryan caught pnumonia and was in bad shape but has since come out of his coma and is back home rehabbing, one day at a time. I'm not even thinking about it,
    my 4 rotors and pads will be purchased through NGEN Performance, no doubt about it. His wife has stepped in to keep the business running and she's been doing a bang up job.

Say a little prayer for Bryan and take a minute to thank God for your health, you never know what can happen from one day to the next!

14. Likes MadMerc, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to here about Bryan Roger. I’ll say some prayers for sure.
    Good for you for supporting NGEN.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

16. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Sorry to here about Bryan Roger. I’ll say some prayers for sure.
    Good for you for supporting NGEN.
    He's back home and posted on our Fiat site already and he says doing their Twisted Sisters run, it's like a Dragon run but in Texas. I'm ordering these drilled rotors and carbon ceramic pads that he sells through his site. These are half the price of the Hawk street pads too!

18. Likes SWETM, DetailKitty liked this post
Page 146 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4696136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156 ... LastLast