autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Gyeon Bathe Essence

Product:

Gyeon Bathe Essence

Product description:

GYEON Q2M Bathe Essence is the ultra-concentrated version of the popular GYONE W2M Bathe. Known for it’s pH-neutral formula, GYEON Q2M Bathe Essence is perfect for washing coated vehicles – this car wash will quickly and easily remove all dirt, debris, and grime from your vehicle’s surface without affecting the quality of your coating!

While maintenance on a coated vehicle is dramatically less than on a waxed or sealed car, washing is still necessary. However, you need to be careful on which car soap is used.
    Many car washes use solvents that can actually remove the coating you spent hours applying. Washing a coated vehicle with a coating-specific wash is your best bet – and that’s exactly what GYEON Q2M Bathe Essence is; a coating-specific wash!

This super concentrated formula allows the user to get up to 60-80 washes per 400 ml .bottle, and 150-200 washes per 1000 ml. bottle.
    Super slick ingredients prevent washing induced swirls and scratches, keeping your surface defect-free.

GYEON Q2M Bathe Essence is a gentle enough cleaner that it will not remove or impair your coating’s protective abilities, but is strong enough to remove surface contamination and keep your coating looking it’s best.

I ended up purchasing both versions of Bathe. The reason was to compare them to see if there was a difference between them other than the concentration. One would think Essence is Gyeon’s answer to CarPro Reset.

I did reach out to Gyeon on their Facebook page and they confirmed that the only difference is the concentration. Cleaning ability is the same between the two. They also mentioned that Bathe Essence is dye free and scent free compared to Bathe which is blue. Essence certainly has no scent.

I ended up using just Bathe Essence and will compare Bathe the next time I do traditional wash.

One thing is certain and that is Gyeon has some of the nicest packaging. On the front of the bottle the concentration is stated at 1:2000.

It is also stated that it makes up to 80 buckets of wash solution for this 400 ml bottle.

The directions with the recommended dilutions. 5-10 ml into a 10-15 liter bucket. Compared to Bathe which is 20-30 ml into a 10-15 liter bucket.

A pump is included with it and is used to dispense the product out. Per Jeff McEachran’s detailed image ask a pro blog, he mentions that the pump delivers 2 ml of solution. I tested this myself and sure enough it delivers 2 ml. I ended up using 3 pumps which was 6 ml of solution into 4 gallons of water.

Used a strong stream of water to activate it. It did produce some nice suds.

One thing about this shampoo is that it’s consistency is thin. It felt as if I was pouring water into the wash bucket. It is a tad thinner than Reset. Lubricity is good with Bathe Essence.

Here is the surface I was working on. My mom’s car has 6 month old CanCoat that has received a coating of Gyeon Cure twice in this time. The car sits outside and is parked under a tree and when it rained it left the paint very dirty as seen in the photo.

I also added 10 ml into my 32 ounce foam gun. This ratio created a wet foam rather than a more shaving cream foam. More shampoo would probably give more foam. Still worked well at that ratio to just pre-soak the paint and add a little more lubricity.

As I mentioned the shampoo is on the thin side and does not produce a lot of suds when used with a wash mitt. Some may like this and others may not. This resembled the same low suds produced by Rupes M101 shampoo. Here is the surface after a swipe with the mitt. Notice the lack of suds on the surface. For those that have a ceramic coating this will run off the surface faster.

In the end the goal is to wash the paint safely and leave it clean. That was achieved.

Final thoughts:

I have to continue using this to really give my final thoughts on it. My initial thought is that it is a good shampoo but at the same time I am not overwhelmed by it. This could change the more I use it. In the end it did the job of cleaning well and providing good lubricity to be safe on the paint and the protection on the paint. It may not produce the most suds when using the wash mitt on the surface and that is more of a personal preference. Same can be said when using it with a foam gun.

The dilution ratios seem decent. But the harshness of one’s water will play a factor so one may need to use more than the recommended ratio. This may be a con for some folks if this is the case.

I will continue testing out the various ranges of recommended amounts per bucket along with adding a bit more to see if that makes a difference. I will also be comparing this to regular Bathe in the near future.

Overall this falls into the category of a car wash that leaves nothing behind and makes for a good shampoo for those that have a ceramic coating. I actually would go on to say that it would be good for those that use waxes or sealants as Bathe Essence is gentle enough to not remove them.

I believe Gyeon Bathe fans will be happy as this will save them more money as it is more concentrated.

As always thanks for reading.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Gyeon Bathe Essence

Great write up and thanks for shareing your thoughts about it. I will have this in mind when it's time for a new car schampoo.

3. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the write up. I'm moving to CanCoat on my cars this Spring and was wondering about the quality of the Gyeon shampoos.

How would you rank this shampoo against products from other manufacturers?
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

5. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Great write up and thanks for shareing your thoughts about it. I will have this in mind when it's time for a new car schampoo.
    Thanks and thanks for taking the time to read the review. Curious to hear your thoughts when you try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Thanks for the write up. I'm moving to CanCoat on my cars this Spring and was wondering about the quality of the Gyeon shampoos.

How would you rank this shampoo against products from other manufacturers?
    Thanks. I think it is just as good as Hyper Wash, Shine Supply Shift, Optimum Car Wash, McKee's Xtreme Foam and Adams. Still a little behind Reset in terms of overall performance for a ceramic coated vehicle. Cleaning ability still goes to Reset.

7. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review Guz, there isn't much out there on this soap yet. Personally I love Gyeon Bathe and I really only like it more than Reset for the scent. However, it is a little pricey without a 1 gal option so I was really excited to see Gyeon Bathe Essence. Unfortunately I am underwhelmed so far. I agree that it feels really thin. If nothing else, I was hoping I could save some soap when using a foam cannon but so far performance has been lacking.

I still need to play with it some more, but so far I like the original Bathe better. I just wish they would leave the color alone; I have 3 bottles of Bathe and 3 different colors, a light aqua, a darker transparent blue and now an almost deep purple.

2.5 Gal p/m 3K PSI gas pressure washer and cheap foam cannon:

Bathe (1:4):

Bathe Essence Rec dilution ratio when compared to how much I used for the normal Bathe:

Bathe Essence 2x the amount above:

9. Thanks The Guz, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Thanks and thanks for taking the time to read the review. Curious to hear your thoughts when you try it out.

Thanks. I think it is just as good as Hyper Wash, Shine Supply Shift, Optimum Car Wash, McKee's Xtreme Foam and Adams. Still a little behind Reset in terms of overall performance for a ceramic coated vehicle. Cleaning ability still goes to Reset.
    Although Reset is claimed to be pH neutral, it'll degrade wax or sealants, IMO. It's meant for coated vehicles, but I still think it's on the strong side.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Although Reset is claimed to be pH neutral, it'll degrade wax or sealants, IMO. It's meant for coated vehicles, but I still think it's on the strong side.
    CarPro states this on their site as well with regards to Reset. Great for a coated vehicle and it won't degrade that. Been using it often on coated paint.

Precautions:

Do Not Ingest
    Keep out of reach of children
    May degrade organic waxes and polymer sealants
    In case of sensitive skin or a pre-existing skin condition, wear protective gloves whilst washing to avoid possible dryness and mild irritation

Post Thanks / Like

Used regular Bathe today and must say it feel better in terms of lubricity.

Cleaning power is the same so what Gyeon mentioned that the only difference is the concentration is correct.

The ratios for regular Bathe are just not cost effective for the amount. I’m leaning towards this aspect with Bathe Essence as it seems I’ll be using more of it in the bucket. Possibly due to hard water.

13. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think when a company tries to increase dilution ratio too much, it affects the performance. Reminds me of Britemax Pure. Not that these are bad products.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

This is going to be my final update on Bathe Essence. I have used about 75% of my bottle. I wanted to like it but in the long run I was just not overwhelmed by it. Every time I used it, it felt like I was just washing with only water. The lubricity was a bit lacking for me. It did an ok job cleaning.

I played around with various dilutions and I ended up using more than regular Bathe which the makes Bathe Essence not cost effective. Suds are not that important but they did not last the entire wash unlike the suds from Bathe.

I ended up relegating it to a wheel soap just to force myself to use it up.

Regular Bathe is still the better option between the two. It is unfortunate that Bathe is not offered in a gallon size to make it a cost effective choice for a wash.

16. Thanks rlmccarty2000, Diner, JustJesus, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM, VitreousHumor liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast