autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country HDO Foam Pads

Quote Originally Posted by Joel1979 View Post
    Not as mild as yellow Rupes? How about uro-tech maroon? I might try Meguairs Maroon how do you stack it compared to Rupes?
    The Meguiar's maroon is closest to the green Rupes.

2. Thanks Joel1979 thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How does these stack compared to Rupes foam pads. I love Rupes white and yellow and i compound with wool and microfiber so i need something between them and Rupes green/blue are not my favourites. Blue hdo is close to green Rupes and orange is like yellow?
    I don’t know about the new HDO pads, but if they’re like the HD Orbitals, the Blue HD pad is more like a cutting pad whereas the Rupes Green is more like a polishing pad, but the Rupes Green is a tick more cutting than the milder HD Orange polishing pad.

4. Thanks Joel1979 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I don’t know about the new HDO pads, but if they’re like the HD Orbitals, the Blue HD pad is more like a cutting pad whereas the Rupes Green is more like a polishing pad, but the Rupes Green is a tick more cutting than the milder HD Orange polishing pad.

The new blue HDO has a much tighter pore structure, and stiffer composition. My friend is in love with it for heavy cutting. I tend to prefer the original version.

Post Thanks / Like

So the new blue is in between blue and green rupes? Would the orange be in between green and yellow?

Post Thanks / Like

So the new blue is in between blue and green rupes? Would the orange be in between green and yellow?
    The Orange is probably the closest to the yellow that I've tried. Granted, I haven't yet tried the Buff and Shine URO Tech yellow.

8. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to try that Rupes yellow pad.

10. Likes mwoywod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though the foam density and cell structure are nearly identical, The Buff and Shine Uro-tec maroon pad is basically the 2.0 version of the rupes green pad IMO. It has FAR better durability. If I use the rupes green pad with only water-based polishes and the uro-tec maroon pad with only solvent-based polishes the maroon pad will STILL outlast and inevitably outperform the rupes green pad.

The rupes yellow pad is fantastic and overall pretty durable. I personally use the uro-tec yellow pad simply because they are the more economical option.

12. Likes The Guz, Joel1979, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just had the Rupes Yellow pad in my cart... But I left it out last minute. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Country HDO Foam Pads

I’m not a huge fan of the HDO foam pads. The blue is too stiff, and the orange, while good, is nothing ground breaking. The Rupes yellow pad is awesome, very versatile. One of the best foam pads I’ve ever used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

15. Thanks mwoywod thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I’m not a huge fan of the HDO foam pads. The blue is too stiff, and the orange, while good, is nothing ground breaking. The Rupes yellow pad is awesome, very versatile. One of the best foam pads I’ve ever used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for this post Mark. Really love the latest microfiber options from Lake Country and though I love the HDO microfiber pad I've been saving money by buying the standard Lake Country microfiber cutting pads and punching out the center cooling chamber myself. Other than the center hole and slightly beveled foam interface on the HDO microfiber pad I'm pretty sure they are virtually identical.

But, I've been really wanting to try the HDO foam pads. The B&S low pro green and orange cutting pads are far too stiff and they aren't very user friendly IMO. I do REALLY like the maroon low-pro pad and find that it cuts only slightly less than the maroon uro-tec but finishes much better.

Because of your experience with the Blue HDO foam pad being too stiff I'm confident I won't like it either. How firm is the orange HDO pad in your opinion? Is it as firm as the orange low-pro pads? If it's not as firm I'm thinking about trying it.

One HDO pad that I'm really interested in is the Black Polishing pad. Is it more similar in terms of softness to the uro-tec yellow pad or the uro-tec white white pad?

17. Likes WRAPT C5Z06 liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast