autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Gyeon Products

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    This is a good comparison of different applying of Hydro2 lite spray and rinse and use it like a QD! Wonder if that is possible with wet coat also to apply it as a QD? I do a middle thing when applying wet coat with spreading it out wet and rinse. Maybe test it on a small area next time as a QD. But I think I see some residue come of when he rinse after the QD applying so I think you still have to rinse after applying the QD way. And it's seems more hydrophobic with the QD way. Do you guys and girls see it too?

https://youtu.be/1Lwc0zmG9RQ
    Not sure about Wet Coat, but there is a thread about using Hydro Blue as a QD/topper (direct spray and wipe) and the author seemed to think it worked well without streaking.

I compared the three major silica sprays in a thread. The key is complete rinsing.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...d.php?t=108480

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

2. Thanks Klasse Act, SWETM, KBsToy thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tried out the new version of Mohs and it is very easy to work with. Easy to apply and wipe off. Per the instruction booklet, it only needs 10-30 seconds prior to wipe off. I can say that this is one of the easiest coatings I have worked with. Way easier than Cquartz and just as easy as Gloss Coat or Pinnacle Black Label. It's pretty forgiving to work with. Also left the surface feeling slick. Not sure it would stay this way after a wash or two.

I do have the previous version of Mohs but it is still unopened so I can't comment on the differences between the two. I will save this version for a later time when I decide to use it.

Per the instruction booklet, the minimum time between coats of Mohs is 1 hour. Gyeon recommends at least 2 coats of Mohs and 3 max. It is also mentioned to wait a minimum of 4 hours prior to applying skin.

I will see how Skin is to work with.

4. Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What is Skin, without looking it up...eating now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Jeff posted this on DI

Ask a Pro Detailer Blog

Sneak Peak: What’s New for Gyeon Quartz in 2018

Professional

The Professional Category will consist of Q2 Pure, Q2 Mohs, and Q2 SYNCRO. This category is designed for the experienced and skilled coating installer who is comfortable applying a long term, multi year coating, in multiple layers.

Lets start with a quick backstory on Q2 Pure and why Q2 Prime has left the offering. Q2 Prime was one of my favorite coatings. It is the very first coating I ever touched from GYEON and is still going strong on my wife’s 2015 Jetta 2+ years later. The issue we ran in to with the user experience of Q2 Prime was this. Because of it’s price point (cheaper than Q2 Mohs) and because it was designed to be installed in a single layer (where Q2 Mohs is designed in 2 layers), it was looked at as the “entry level” coating in the Gyeon line up. This had people new to the coating world reach for it as the easy go to from GYEON, and it really isn’t. Q2 Prime was a highly concentrated SiO2 based coating that applied in a thick layer, that if it was your very first coating ever could be a bit difficult to install. We didn’t feel like we were sending the right message with Q2 Prime and did not want to deliver a poor first experience with the GYEON line when people reached for it. Enter Q2 Pure:

Q2 Pure is a completely redesigned, pure and highly concentrated SiO2 based coating. It is easier to install than Q2 Prime. It performs very well against water spots. It is designed to be installed in a single layer, however it can be layered for added durability. It has a very distinct, warm, and deep gloss. If you like the dramatic “candy” bend of light from a coating, then this is the one for you. It will sit at the same skill level and price point as Q2 Mohs.

Q2 Mohs is the longstanding workhorse of the GYEON Quartz line up. It is an extremely easy to use PHPS based coating that uses a very high quality mix of solvents and silazanes. Q2 Mohs is very capable in terms of chemical and UV protection. The carrier solvents have been slightly tweaked for 2018 to make the install even easier. The rest of the coatings construction and core components have stayed the same. Where Q2 Mohs really is a breakthrough is the low shrink rate once fully cured. This leaves a thick layer of protection over the paint, which is awesome as a stand alone coating, or can be topped with Booster, CanCoat ……..or Skin as a part of the all new Syncro system.

Q2 Syncro is a brand new coating from GYEON using 2 layers of Q2 Mohs as the base coating to be topped with the all new Skin. Syncro is the first 2 part coating system with separate base coat/top coat chemistry available to all Detailers. SKIN is a silicone based top coat designed for maximum slickness. It builds up a true additional layer of coating. It is fully chemical resistant. It is very easy to apply. Q2 Syncro is the top tier coating available to all Detailers with excellent looks and performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    What is Skin, without looking it up...eating now.

See above.

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems the coating companies know the enthusiast HAS TO touch their car additionally with something, like the old saying from the 70's into the early 80's went...GIMME SOME SKINNew Gyeon Products

Post Thanks / Like

Used skin which is part of the syncro kit. Wow super easy to use. Instructions state to apply and wipe off immediately. It's that simple. The slickness is noticeable as soon as the excess is wiped off. Mohs was slick but did still feel a bit grabby. Easy to tell the slickness differences between the two.

I have to say Gyeon Skin is slicker than CarPro Gliss. Although two different chemical makes up wtih Skin being silicone based and Gliss being fluorine based.

10. Thanks Klasse Act, Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will the reformulated Mohs be sold on it's own anymore, or will it be only available with the Synchro kit? Looking at prices right now at several places, it looks like the leftover Mohs stock and new Pure is running the same price.

If the new Mohs will be sold solo at the same price as Pure, I'm wondering how they would differentiate the two. The product descriptions seem to indicate Pure will provide better water sheeting and similar durability if applied properly.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

12. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Will the reformulated Mohs be sold on it's own anymore, or will it be only available with the Synchro kit? Looking at prices right now at several places, it looks like the leftover Mohs stock and new Pure is running the same price.

If the new Mohs will be sold solo at the same price as Pure, I'm wondering how they would differentiate the two. The product descriptions seem to indicate Pure will provide better water sheeting and similar durability if applied properly.
    Not sure how it's going to be distributed. However, Gyeon's website lists Mohs+ and Mohs as individual products -- separate from the Syncro packaging. The Mohs packaging states that it is new for 2018. Interestingly, I didn't see Syncro listed on the same page!

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

I am speculating but Gyeon is probably going to differentiate based on longevity and number of coats. I think Pure is stated to have up to 18 months with 1 layer and Mohs 24 months with 2 layers or 3 layers max. Not to mention what you have already found out on the differences between the two. I recall Gyeon still mentioning that Pure will give that candy coated gloss like Prime and Mohs that more carnuaba type look.

Seems like it will be sold on it's own based on the photos from their facebook SEMA photos. The package looks different so that kind of gives it away.

15. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a new Gyeon product waiting for me at home, well, new to me anyways and its Gyeon Bathe+....thanks Eldo, can't wait to try it out this Friday or over the weekend!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast