autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

ONR perfect for MIchigan Winters

Optimum No Rinse melts salt and grime off my wife's Ford Fusion. Rinseless products make it so nice to wash vehicles. Especially in the garage when temp are in the single digits outside.

https://www.autogeek.net/opnoriwash12.html

Go from this

To this

and my wife is happy. As long as this car is clean.....PBMG boxes on the porch go unquestioned ;-)
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

2. Thanks AKT thanked for this post
    Likes AKT, DaveT435 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONR perfect for MIchigan Winters

Do you spray down with water or just presoak with ONR?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Neither. I make one pass with my mit, Flip to other side for another pass, rinse , ringout well and re wet in the rinseless. Works well for me

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    For what it’s worth, I live in MD and deal with incredibly salty roads in the winter (my back roads are ridiculous) and I just lightly mist each panel and then get into it.

I haven’t encountered a situation yet where I’ve been concerned about scratching my car doing a rinseless wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes hoyt66 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Heading back out to wash my Outback. Breaking out the Wolfgang uber this time.

Post Thanks / Like

What product do you like better? Does one work better for the salt? I gotta tell you, I've never washed a car that dirty with rinseless without first going to a coin-op car wash and spraying it off first. No issues??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmhammer View Post
    What product do you like better? Does one work better for the salt? I gotta tell you, I've never washed a car that dirty with rinseless without first going to a coin-op car wash and spraying it off first. No issues??
    I'm with mmhammer....when I first saw your before picture...I said...no way!!!

Post Thanks / Like

ONR perfect for MIchigan Winters

When I asked in the optimum Facebook group about presoaking with onr before a wash, I was basically told that if you don’t pre rinse, you should pre soak.

For me, pre rinsing the car defeats the entire purpose of using a rinseless wash.

I’ve encountered no swirls washing my car with onr when salt is on it. Whether I use the GDWM, optimums blue waffle sponge, a grout sponge, a wash mitt (least favorite.)

If you’re worried about scratching your whole car, just pick one panel to try it this way on. With a presoak present I’m comfortable washing near anything off my car with a rinseless method.

Sometimes I’ll even catch myself falling back into the trap of thinking “wow this can’t work I have to have scratched the paint” when it’s dirtier than usual, but every time the inspection light comes out, I’m reminded why I trust ONR.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmhammer View Post
    That would normally be a hard call for me but since I just used them both in the same day I feel I have a winner. I would give the nod to ONR. Hahaha yeah that's a salty Fusion for sure! I use a TON of water. Fill the bucket close to max with 3 oz of rinseless. I wipe down one time per side of mit kind of rolling it and I go. No issues.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    I'm with mmhammer....when I first saw your before picture...I said...no way!!!
    Haha yeah that's every weekend. Love rinseless!

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    When I asked in the optimum Facebook group about presoaking with onr before a wash, I was basically told that if you don’t pre rinse, you should pre soak.

For me, pre rinsing the car defeats the entire purpose of using a rinseless wash.

I’ve encountered no swirls washing my car with onr when salt is on it. Whether I use the GDWM, optimums blue waffle sponge, a grout sponge, a wash mitt (least favorite.)

If you’re worried about scratching your whole car, just pick one panel to try it this way on. With a presoak present I’m comfortable washing near anything off my car with a rinseless method.

Sometimes I’ll even catch myself falling back into the trap of thinking “wow this can’t work I have to have scratched the paint” when it’s dirtier than usual, but every time the inspection light comes out, I’m reminded why I trust ONR.

Presoak is definitely good. I use a mit and wipe top to bottom one side of mit per pass. I use light pressure so at the bottom if I see that I have left some salt/dirt behind I just repeat process after rinsing and re soaking mit

12. Thanks mmhammer thanked for this post
    Likes Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 31 ft RV that I like to wash after trip, and most times it's dusty but not real dirty, the odd time we get caught in rain and it will have a fair bit of road grime on it. I think I need to switch to trying this on the RV, seems it would be quicker, use a ton less water.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast