autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pizza grease on seat

I was in a hurry today, put the pizza box on the seat and headed home. When I picked the pizza box up I saw a 1" diameter grease spot on the passenger seat pf my 2015 Tacoma Tacoma. Any proved ways of cleaning this stupid mistake?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pizza grease on seat

2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

If by chance you have or know of someone with a steamer or extractor or attack it by hand using microfiber towels and a properly diluted apc or seat cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

For grease spots on clothes I've had great success with Dawn dish soap.

Post Thanks / Like

Does your owners manual have a suggestion about how to remedy this problem? Sometimes it does, and the manufacturer knows their vehicle best.

This might prove useful too: http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...CI8UvSvq489.97

6. Likes DogRescuer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's grease so you want to use a degreaser. Dawn is a powerful one as already suggested. You can also use any alkaline based cleaner (APC or degreasers). The thing is, you will want a wet/dry vaccum to suck out the liquid of the seat if you can. This will prevent molds to form. If you don't have one, after drying as much as you can with a microfiber, use a hair dryer or a fan to get the seat as dry as you can. Then if possible leave the window a little bit open during the day (if it's still warm where you are) to let the humidity escape.

Oh, you will also want to use a brush to do the cleaning. An old toothbrush should work fine. Or a nail brush is good as well.

It's pretty easy to clean, the only thing you have to be careful about when introducing water in cars is molds and mildew.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

From personal experience pre-treating a spot directly with dawn will work, but removing the soap will be more work than some of the other alternatives. If you don't get the soap out you'll end up with a soap spot on the seat and a halo from the soap residue.

If your seat cover is secured with hog rings, it's not too hard to pop the rings and slide a towel under the cover. Then you can work the spot from both sides. You can use cable ties to secure the seat cover until you can get some new hog rings and pliers. Even if you have to pull the seat to get the cover off, I think it's less work to pull a seat, get towels under the upholstery and get the spot out, than mess around with trying to blot it out. I've had good luck with Krud Kutter/White Vinegar/Water 1:1:6.

9. Likes DogRescuer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, cloth seats. Thanks, guys.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My neighbor asked me to help clean his cloth seats after he bought home a pizza, lifted the box off his seat and found a 8 to 10 inch spot of grease. So, if you remember back 3 years, do you recall what you used? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never used it on pizza stains, but I've used Chemical Guys (please don't flame me) Lightning Fast and Invinsible Super Cleaner for years and turned my family and friends on to it. I've pulled blood and wound bile that were set in on my dad's bedding for months and been washed a number of times. I've also used it to pull set in pet stains from white carpet in our house that Resolve and the "best pet store brand" wouldn't remove months after. I'm sure that there are equally as good products on the market from other producers, but when I find something that just works I stick with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast