autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 47 of 92 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

I honestly don't even know how I got involved in this current convo regarding the sales of Kias.. I was pulled into this thread only due to the so called "respectable" comparison article that was posted earlier between a 2018 Genesis vs. 2017 CT6... As far as that goes, I stand by everything I said and find the excuses for it pretty comical.

Now I will admit that prior to tonight I had never looked into the new Hyundai brand and my comments regarding it needing some much needed exposure where based on me thinking the brand was in trouble of failing. My reason for thinking that was simply based on pretty much never seeing a Hyundai Genesis on the road. I think I've maybe seen it once.

But I did a small bit if research into the brand and it looks like they're content with where they're currently at, and I was actually a bit surprised that they've managed to sell that amount of Genesis vehicles in the past 3yrs.. It looks like they're in a bit of a slump this yr. and ever since changing the name from Genesis to G80 -G90? [See I'm telling you people have less connection with these 3 letter names]

I'm not here to bash Kia nor am I triggered when someone has anything negative to say about Cadillacs. As a matter of fact, I've got a Kia parked right next to the Cadillac outside in the driveway. Not that it even matters because like I said, I don't get all emotional over other peoples car preferences...

But as far as that completely cheap and biased attempt to make that Hyundai Genesis seem superior to a Cadillac CT6... Comical. Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

- I didn't mean to disturb your thread, I'll exit this off topic discussion now. Peace. Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you that the comparison is not very fair if you don't do it against the same year modells. And it's comical to get after another modell like that.
    Is Genesis made by Hyundai company?
    Hyundai and Kia walks together since Hyundai owns a big share in Kia. They share alot of parts and the chassi is the same in a few modells. Only the bodys and interior is different.

Post Thanks / Like

The new Kia Stinger is awesome looking and appears to have a quality interior. Ranging from $33K to $52K has it setting it's sights on BMW, Audi, MB and Cadillac. Competition makes everyone better, proof is out there everyday!

Problem for me is I can't afford oneCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    The new Kia Stinger is awesome looking and appears to have a quality interior. Ranging from $33K to $52K has it setting it's sights on BMW, Audi, MB and Cadillac. Competition makes everyone better, proof is out there everyday!

Problem for me is I can't afford oneCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

it's been getting favorable reviews all across the board...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    it's been getting favorable reviews all across the board...
    ...as it should! Little bit Holden Commodore and a little A7Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget the Stingers' slightly smaller and lighter sister car the Genesis G70.....same engine choices 2.0T and 3.3TTV6....I think its a looker....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-2019-genesis-g70-front-three-quarter-05-1-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-large-1092-genesisg70-1-jpg   Can you Believe this is a Hyundai-2019-genesis-g70-inline2-photo-691172-s-original-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

G70...major winner!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Is Genesis made by Hyundai company?
    Yes, Genesis is made by Hyundai. It wasn't even a separate brand until 2016 and, at least in the US for now, they are sold in Hyundai dealerships right next to all the other vehicles it makes.

The Genesis was originally just the name of the top Hyundai sedan sold in the US. After a few years on the market, Hyundai then decided to bring the Equus to the US as well. At that point they realized both sedans would probably sell better if they were to be sold under their own brand, so Hyundai pulled a Toyota/Nissan move and create a separate luxury brand. This also lead to the renaming of the cars a couple years ago when they became the G80/G90.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    G70...major winner!

I don't know if I'm really feeling that diamond stitching on the seats. I've also seen some images with that pattern on the door cards too.

I am VERY curious to see how this car drives and the price point when released. The Stinger is getting great reviews, but the slow shifting transmission and soft-ish GT ride might keep me away. I'm really hoping they sharpen things up with the G70 to make it more 3 series like...a luxurious performance car, not a luxurious car with performance intentions.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

11. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
Page 47 of 92 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast