autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes 15ES Won't Start

Quote Originally Posted by Todd@RUPES View Post
    Because RUPES is an actual manufacturer, and because we have a factory in the USA, we can be more flexible than other companies can be. With our new, 38,000 sq.ft., factory opening soon and full assembly of certain tools in the USA, we can be even more flexible. This program is away to express our flexibility in a way that benefits the customer. $85.00, flat-rate with shipping, for factory inspection and repair is a smoking good deal... and we are very happy to be able to offer it.
    I recently bought a second hand tool from a prominent Detroit detailer. It's in REALLY rough shape, as it was used in a production environment.

Still, I sent it out to see what it could be done. Unfortunately I didn't know the extent of the damage, or what the service covered.

Turned out the damage was to extensive, and exceed the coverage of the service.

But.

Rupes contacted me, and sent me an itemized list of what it would take to get the tool like new again. This was a little out of immediate reach for me. However, they told me what I would need to get it running. This allowed me to order the parts, and service the tool myself, which I've done to other tools in the past. Upon receipt of the tool, I decided to order the rest of the items needed to get it like new, and will finally have a 21es in the arsenal.

From this point on, the $85.00 deal will be all I need to keep these tools running right for a very long time - if I don't want to do it myself!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd@RUPES View Post
    Because RUPES is an actual manufacturer, and because we have a factory in the USA, we can be more flexible than other companies can be. With our new, 38,000 sq.ft., factory opening soon and full assembly of certain tools in the USA, we can be even more flexible. This program is away to express our flexibility in a way that benefits the customer. $85.00, flat-rate with shipping, for factory inspection and repair is a smoking good deal... and we are very happy to be able to offer it.
    I don't understand the continual harping of "Because RUPES is an actual manufacturer...". Are you under the impression that Rupes is alone in this? If so, you may want to have a look at the Flex factory video as a reference. It is true that there are other polisher vendors that are NOT manufacturing their own polishers, but, as stated above, Rupes isn't alone in manufacturing their own polishers.

Your statement above is also self contradictory. The "....we have a factory in the USA", and the "..With our new, 38,000 sq.ft., factory opening soon and full assembly of certain tools in the USA..." are at odds with each other. You have the Cyclo factory now, but that is misleading as of this moment, because you are not manufacturing nay Rupes polishers there. According to you, your new factory will be opening soon, which confirms that your current factory is not building Rupes equipment. This is like Ford saying that they are an American car company, but their Transit vans are made in Turkey, so buying a van from Ford is not buying an American van.

Does the Cyclo factory that you do own service Rupes polishers as of right now? That is the real question. I have a PC 7424XP. It was made in China. I can get authorized service for it from a local shop. Do I really care that is was made in China? No. Were the polisher to be made in the US make a difference to me, or will it ensure better service when I bring it into my local shop? Strongly doubt it. Same goes for Makita. I have a Makita factory authorized service center less than a mile away, so if I had a PO5000C fail, repair facilities are 5-10 minutes away. There are in fact, 4 factory authorized Makita repair centers in my city. There are 3 Porter Cable factory authorized repair centers. There is even a Flex factory authorized repair center here in this city. If I owned a Rupes, I would have to send it away. And I live in Canada. so add to that the hassle of sending things over the border, in both directions.

Griot's Garage has its polishers made in China. They don't even attempt to hide this. They stand by their polishers with a lifetime warranty. Does this make Griot's Garage polishers in any way less usable or reliable? No. If the polishers fail, will Griot's Garage replace them? Yes, and from all reports do, and happily. Is this any better or worse than what any other manufacturer is doing, including Rupes? No. It may in fact, be pointed out that if a failure does occur, Griot's sends you a new polisher, while you have to pay Rupes for repairs after the 3 year warranty is up.

Am I bashing Rupes? I don't think I am. I can say that I am more than a little annoyed by the Rupes army, though. I don't believe that Rupes is the only vendor capable of making a good polisher, nor do I believe that they are the only solution to many polishing situations. There are a number of good polishers, and good polishing systems out there, and while Rupes is right in there with all of them, and at the top with a couple of others, it is one of many, not the only, solution. Flex makes good polishers, Rupes makes good polishers, Makita sells good polishers, Griots Garage sells good polishers, Porter Cable sells a good polisher, and so on. Does it matter to me where they are made? No. What matters is that the polishers work when I need to use them, and that they allow me to get the results that I want. Rupes does, but so do others.

3. Thanks VISITOR thanked for this post
    Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Dislikes custmsprty, The Guz disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand the continual harping of "Because RUPES is an actual manufacturer...". Are you under the impression that Rupes is alone in this? If so, you may want to have a look at the Flex factory video as a reference. It is true that there are other polisher vendors that are NOT manufacturing their own polishers, but, as stated above, Rupes isn't alone in manufacturing their own polishers.

Correct, RUPES is not the only tool manufacturer that manufacturer their own tools. However, you don't need to understand the continual harping because it is aimed to clarify things for those who have been confused by shady marketing.

As far as your suggestion that I look at another video, I'll just smile and laugh your advice off. I worked for Autogeek for 3 years, and worked for CMA/PAC for 3 year previous to that.. I have a great relationship with both the German and American employees at FLEX and think they are a stellar company will quality products and people.

Your statement above is also self contradictory. The "....we have a factory in the USA", and the "..With our new, 38,000 sq.ft., factory opening soon and full assembly of certain tools in the USA..." are at odds with each other.

No they aren't. I'll explain why.

You have the Cyclo factory now, but that is misleading as of this moment, because you are not manufacturing nay Rupes polishers there.
    The former Cycle factory is the current RUPES manufacturing plant in the United States, since RUPES USA took acquired Cyclo in January of 2015. You are also wrong in your assumption "because you are not manufacturing nay Rupes polishers there." We have been assembling and manufacturing RUPES polishers in the USA for almost a year.

According to you, your new factory will be opening soon, which confirms that your current factory is not building Rupes equipment. This is like Ford saying that they are an American car company, but their Transit vans are made in Turkey, so buying a van from Ford is not buying an American van.

If Ford is building a car in Detroit, and they open a new factory in Detroit which will build even more cars, how is that confirming that they aren't currently building cars in Detroit? I don't understand how you reached that conclusion. RUPES currently assembles and manufactures in the USA, and will expand that operation once the new factory opens.

Does the Cyclo factory that you do own service Rupes polishers as of right now?

The current RUPES factory, which was the former Cyclo factory, currently manufacturers LHR15ES and LHR21ES tools, some MKII components, and offers full factory repair.

That is the real question.
    It has been answered. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. It certainly is better than making false assumptions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quite honestly did not know that you had gone into production in the US for the Rupes polishers, my mistake. Sorry for my part of the post that related to the factory situation.

However, the rest of my post that is not related to the factory still stands, and I believe is valid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkritsilas View Post
    Quite honestly did not know that you had gone into production in the US for the Rupes polishers, my mistake. Sorry for my part of the post that related to the factory situation.

However, the rest of my post that is not related to the factory still stands, and I believe is valid.
    The first part of your post, you were stating facts which were untrue. No worries on the mistakes, any questions on RUPES products or production, feel free to ask.

The second part of your post is your opinion, and opinions are always valid to the person who holds them. That is why I purposely didn't respond to that part of the post; you are entitled to hold your own opinions and, whether I agree or disagree with them, I respect that.

7. Likes dlc95 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12