autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why???

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    Also, why the HELL do they make the parking spots so small and narrow!!??
    try living in England, the stop are way smaller then here in the states

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I had a long time customer from there. He would come over about once a year and buy a lot of tires and wheels. About 15K a trip. Company was Texas Trading his name is Kenneth. I don't know if he's still in business. I had a back surgery, or three turn out badly and had to retire. He was a good guy.
    Cool thing to do! We have a big enthusiasm for american cars so it's demand of parts from there. Looked the company up and they do some imports of cars and also helps to get them registred. Seems like them still is in business too.

Sorry to hear about your back and I know how it is. I got retired at the age of 25 because of my back and neck. Got 2 surgerys in my back and 1 in the neck. And waiting for one more in the back. Maybe they have to split it to two surgerys with a year apart. But we have to do the best out of it and this hobbie gets some satisfaction for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Cool thing to do! We have a big enthusiasm for american cars so it's demand of parts from there. Looked the company up and they do some imports of cars and also helps to get them registred. Seems like them still is in business too.

Sorry to hear about your back and I know how it is. I got retired at the age of 25 because of my back and neck. Got 2 surgerys in my back and 1 in the neck. And waiting for one more in the back. Maybe they have to split it to two surgerys with a year apart. But we have to do the best out of it and this hobbie gets some satisfaction for us.
    I remember being on crutches after knee surgery when he came in one time. He told me if I lived in Sweden I wouldn't be at work.

He usually got a container and filled it with all kinds of parts. He always had a list of stuff he needed and what kind of cars they were for. Most were exactly that, American Muscle.

Sorry to hear about your back. Twenty five is way too young for these kind of problems. I've had three back and three neck. I'm also going to have to have another one on my back also. You're exactly right, this hobby definitely made a huge difference in my life. Just to have that sense of accomplishment when you finish a car.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Well fellas. I would assume most of you grew up in the jordon shoe hype? I was super poor kid and my well off grandma would buy me school cloths and shoes. I somehow talked/pitied my way into the some #2's blue and grey. I was so stoked! They brought more problems then glory. Junior high kids trying to jump me or the fact I didn't want anyone to scuff them. Had me more stressed out and brought more drama. All cause I was worried.... bringing the energy I was putting out. Like when y'all get your new phone and put a 80 dollar case on it. Trying so hard to protect it.. then you just drop it in dog water bowl anyway. (Oops should have bought the $100 case!) ridiculous. Stop stressing the what ifs. You just bring the things you don't want to happen, directly to you. Just be great full you have nice things that you have worked hard for it's only junk from China made to be replaced anyway! I find that if I don't stress the phone I don't break it. Same with sunglasses. Just buy knock offs and treat em with normal respect you teach your kids to have with things you buy them. And less things will happen.
    Because in reality... (OP) your stress level was to high to think rational. You turned the tides of law when you aggressively pursued. If they would have stopped. And you got out to "confront" you would have taken all the wrong steps for them to be legally defensive. Either ass kicked, arrested or drawn on. And you would have been in the wrong with a little tiny dent in your car...

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Me personally, I just go off on someone who parks next to me when I'm parked super far away. I always park in the back and I remember I came back to my car with some person parking next to me. There's literally over 40 spots between my car and the nearest other car at this point, and the guy gets out of his car. I went off on him. I asked him what his problem was and why he would park next to me when I'm so far away from everyone else. He got back into his car and drove off. People like that just drive me up the wall. I know at work when I park, the people that park next to me park and open their doors very delicately.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you about not stressing out. We all have to let go a bit.

HOWEVER.... we also have a right to stress. Like you, yourself stated, we have nice things we worked hard for. That right there means I'm allowed to get upset if something happens to my car that I work hard to pay for, ESPECIALLY if it's at the hands of someone else who was just too wrapped up in being in a rush or just doesn't care period.

Quote Originally Posted by ivoryviking View Post
    Well fellas. I would assume most of you grew up in the jordon shoe hype? I was super poor kid and my well off grandma would buy me school cloths and shoes. I somehow talked/pitied my way into the some #2's blue and grey. I was so stoked! They brought more problems then glory. Junior high kids trying to jump me or the fact I didn't want anyone to scuff them. Had me more stressed out and brought more drama. All cause I was worried.... bringing the energy I was putting out. Like when y'all get your new phone and put a 80 dollar case on it. Trying so hard to protect it.. then you just drop it in dog water bowl anyway. (Oops should have bought the $100 case!) ridiculous. Stop stressing the what ifs. You just bring the things you don't want to happen, directly to you. Just be great full you have nice things that you have worked hard for it's only junk from China made to be replaced anyway! I find that if I don't stress the phone I don't break it. Same with sunglasses. Just buy knock offs and treat em with normal respect you teach your kids to have with things you buy them. And less things will happen.
    Because in reality... (OP) your stress level was to high to think rational. You turned the tides of law when you aggressively pursued. If they would have stopped. And you got out to "confront" you would have taken all the wrong steps for them to be legally defensive. Either ass kicked, arrested or drawn on. And you would have been in the wrong with a little tiny dent in your car...

2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

7. Likes PaulMys, DaveT435 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking real rationally. After a few seconds I thought about it and stopped. So...by parking out in the back 40 and going 18 months without a door ding, the whole time I've been "bringing it on myself"? I think not. At the end of the day they are just things. When the car was a couple months I went up to have my son work on my car. When the flip socket sticks on the guy it's common practice to pull on the socket and hit the trigger to get it off. So that's what he did and sure enough it slipped out of his hand and hit the car in about three places and left some light scratches. He looked at me wide eyed, I just shrugged my shoulders and said "it'll be alright" that was an accident, accidents happen, no avoiding that. I let my 20 year old drive my car and if she gets in an accident, then she does, as long as she's ok, that's all that matters. These would all be accidents. If someone was parked next to me and the wind caught their door and it hit my car, not a big deal it was an accident.
    What I have a problem with is someone being an idiot. I don't tolerate inconsiderate, ignorant people. If you had 25 feet would you park so close that it's difficult to get out of your vehicle, I doubt it, I assume your smarter than that, most people wouldn't. I spent a lot of money for that car, and when I get rid of it I want to get as much out of it as I can, and I enjoy driving a nice car. I even like it when quite often people come up to me and compliment my car and talk to me about it. It makes me feel proud when other people stand up and take notice of how well I've taken care of the car.
    I go to great lengths to avoid having these issues. So please don't confuse my anger and actions as "stressing about my car" in reality it was some inconsiderate, ignorant, @'!$&. €>^£?< that got me so riled up.

9. Likes DetailKitty, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not trying to be anyone's father. I'm probably one of the worst road ragers! And I'm probably gonna act very similar to you if tables were in my play. It's just a little easier to remind a fellow peer when you see them making one of your own moves. To just take a breath. And honestly. I only commented on this thread cause I have done what you have and when my wife says to me what I said to you I get embarrassed that i got mad enough to make a mistake.
    I've come to the realization that we are surrounded by complete selfish retards. Most people only care for them selves. Like here in a month. People will sit with their families and give thanks for what they have and yada yada. Act all caring with each other then wake up at two in morning that nigh to stand in line with other mentally challenged folks and trample an old lady to get a damn tv for fifty dollars less then normal. So.... I moved my family farthest away I could. And started the only detail business in my area. To many mouth breathers in this world nowadays. Have a good one guys.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not trying to be anyone's father. I'm probably one of the worst road ragers! And I'm probably gonna act very similar to you if tables were in my play. It's just a little easier to remind a fellow peer when you see them making one of your own moves. To just take a breath. And honestly. I only commented on this thread cause I have done what you have and when my wife says to me what I said to you I get embarrassed that i got mad enough to make a mistake.
    I've come to the realization that we are surrounded by complete selfish retards. Most people only care for them selves. Like here in a month. People will sit with their families and give thanks for what they have and yada yada. Act all caring with each other then wake up at two in morning that nigh to stand in line with other mentally challenged folks and trample an old lady to get a damn tv for fifty dollars less then normal. So.... I moved my family farthest away I could. And started the only detail business in my area. To many mouth breathers in this world nowadays. Have a good one guys.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    I appreciate the post clarifying. I thought it was kind of an odd statement to make in a place full of car enthusiasts.

I see you're new. Welcome to AG. There are a lot of good people in here and most are extremely helpful.
    What is your detailing background?

Post Thanks / Like

I've read this whole thread, and I'd like to give 2 cents on this phenomena:

IME, there are two types of these inconsiderate people.

The first type are just rude, self-absorbed jerks who care little for their own property, and even less for yours.

The second types are a bit more complicated. These are what I like to call "Sheeple" A cross between sheep & people.
    They go through life as followers on auto-pilot. They would never be the first to do anything. They have to see someone else do it first.

For example: Parking way out in the lot. They would never even think of doing this on their own. BUT..... when they see our cars out there, that "sheep" thing kicks in and tells them to "Go be the next in line".

They will not park even one spot away from you, because that would be non-conformist.

This might seem far-fetched, but I have found this to be very true.

Sadly for us, this type of person is steadily rising in numbers.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

13. Likes DetailKitty, DaveT435, VISITOR liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.