autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes LK 900E Mille & LH 19E

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I've got a PE14 and really like it. What the difference in the LH19E and the PE14? Both these machines have me interested. I just can't imagine enough difference in a rotary to make other manufacturers change their design.
    It is alittle quieter, runs massively cooler and you can feel has more torque.

2. Thanks DaveT435 thanked for this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joel1979 View Post
    Well my results were different. I did several tests on two different clearcoats. I polished p1500 and P2000 sanding marks. All the pro detailers here in Finland that i have talked, agrees with me. Its fantastic machine but i prefer long throws and rotary. It is definilately better than 3401. Also i dont like the fact that Mille doesnt perfrom well at all with microfiber pads. With the new Rupes woolpad i expected it to excel but it was bit restless and didnt cut like 15-21 did. Like i said, i have nano, duetto with 3" kamikaze, 15mk2, 21mk and Festool Shinex, Mille didnt bring anything for table and didnt live up to its expections.

I sure did love the external upgrades of Mille compared to MK2. Hopefully MK3 will get that speed dial, variable speed trigger and dual rubber rest. Oh and brushless motor
    I too love the long throw above all other technologies as they seem to cut with less effort, been using the Mille,MKII’s and LH19E recently and all get the job done equally however the user experience and journey is different between them and its in that we find preferances. I like having access to different types of tools as it makes it fun without monotony setting in.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Well my results were different. I did several tests on two different clearcoats. I polished p1500 and P2000 sanding marks. All the pro detailers here in Finland that i have talked, agrees with me. Its fantastic machine but i prefer long throws and rotary. It is definilately better than 3401. Also i dont like the fact that Mille doesnt perfrom well at all with microfiber pads. With the new Rupes woolpad i expected it to excel but it was bit restless and didnt cut like 15-21 did. Like i said, i have nano, duetto with 3" kamikaze, 15mk2, 21mk and Festool Shinex, Mille didnt bring anything for table and didnt live up to its expections.

I sure did love the external upgrades of Mille compared to MK2. Hopefully MK3 will get that speed dial, variable speed trigger and dual rubber rest. Oh and brushless motor
    I find it strange we both own Mille’s and have opposing views and experiences with it. I can only chalk it down to different techniques. I’ve tried MF pads on my 3401’s and I gave up as they grabby. However used MF pads on the Mille today and it ran smooth with amazing correction ability. I think that might be as a result of the Mille having 5mm orbit with 14 orbits per rotation vs the 3401 with 8mm and only 10 orbits per rotation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    I find it strange we both own Mille’s and have opposing views and experiences with it. I can only chalk it down to different techniques. I’ve tried MF pads on my 3401’s and I gave up as they grabby. However used MF pads on the Mille today and it ran smooth with amazing correction ability. I think that might be as a result of the Mille having 5mm orbit with 14 orbits per rotation vs the 3401 with 8mm and only 10 orbits per rotation.

You are leaving out the paint that you were using the Mille on. That can have a pretty substantial effect on hte amount of "grab" you will have with a microfiber pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    I tried it on two different clear coats and it was obvious that Megs mf is not optimal for Mille. Like i have said before, all of the pro detailers in Finland that have tested Mille, find it correcting slower than 15-21Mk2.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkritsilas View Post
    You are leaving out the paint that you were using the Mille on. That can have a pretty substantial effect on hte amount of "grab" you will have with a microfiber pad.
    Bmw 4 Series, Mercedes A250 and VW Amarok.

I tried it on two different clear coats and it was obvious that Megs mf is not optimal for Mille. Like i have said before, all of the pro detailers in Finland that have tested Mille, find it correcting slower than 15-21Mk2.
    Definitely a notch above 15 MKII in cutting power and a notch below 21 MKII. Nothing massive though.

Post Thanks / Like

I was referring to the different paint that you and Joel 1979 were using the polishers on. There are different paints on the various cars, and if his paint were softer or harder by significant amounts, it may help explain the different results you are hainb with the Mille. For example, the cars that you were working on are known to have pretty hard paint (BMW and Mercedes, don't know anything about a VW Amarok, as it isn't sold in North America). Joel1979 may have been working on soft paint often found on Japanese cars, or other cars with soft paint. May help explain the grabbiness difference as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone tested the LH19 yet? Im selling my Flex 14-2 and just got Festool Shinex, but might get Rupes later if its that good. I still thin its a shame they left the gear naked. I bet that it gets hot after you do hours of heavy duty correction.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone tested the LH19 yet? Im selling my Flex 14-2 and just got Festool Shinex, but might get Rupes later if its that good. I still thin its a shame they left the gear naked. I bet that it gets hot after you do hours of heavy duty correction.
    Quieter,cooler running and more torque than the PE-14. No issues at all with heat build up.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I have put both these polishing machines through their paces the past few months daily, between the two the Mille gets used the most.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast