autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: RUPES Lhr15es mk11, mini or duetto

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post

If the LHR 15 and 21 are that much more powerful like has been said, then they must really kick but.
    They are, with the 21 even more so, obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    I guess I can't say whether the Duetto is under powered or not since I have nothing to compare it to, but I really love mine.

It's very smooth running, and I haven't had issues with stalling on concave sections or while edging it. I just let the machine do the work. And like Dlc said, it spins like mad with the washer mod.

If the LHR 15 and 21 are that much more powerful like has been said, then they must really kick but.
    I've used a LHR21 and felt it was comparable to the 12mm tool. The 21 was modded.

I wonder how much of this is perception, because the tools were designed to perform similarly by the company. For example - as they decreased the orbit, they increased the rpm, with the intent of keeping approximation of pad movement.

I heard on a podcast, or it might have been Todd's presentation at Autogeek- that the 15mm tool retains 95% or so of the defect removal qualities of the 21. If the Duetto is just three millimeters less than the 15, and has even more rpm (then even the MKII), how much is it actually giving up? I can't imagine it would be as drastic as it's made out to be.

I can't take anything away from the 21, it was awesome!, but I didn't feel it was that far off from the Duetto as far as performance. The MKII might be another story, but if the net result of the upgrade is consistent rotation, I don't have an issue with pad stall as it is.

Technique has to be a factor too. I've invested some time researching, studying, and dialing in my technique as per the company recommendation. It isn't for everybody, and I get that. However, if I wanted a more powerful tool to use pressure on, I'd use the 3401, and/or a PE14 and call it a day. While It's important to have a variety of tools, I thing it's even more important to use one that fits your approach. Like Jimbo was saying in his podcast - he was asking Joe Fernandez about which compounds, and polishes he should use. Joe just told him to pick a line he liked, and get really good at using it. That's sort of my approach as well, with tools, pads, and liquids.

3. Likes fightnews liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    One question is what pad/product setups have you tried with your current machine?

As far as machine, I love the Duetto/Mini configuration. I use their polishes and pads, and prefer them to Menzerna.

You will be recommended to get the 15 MK 2 or the 21 with a 5" backing plate because they have more power, even though the Duetto still has a higher rpm speed at 5500, than the MK2 models. A modded (not that I often use, or recommend it modded) spins like mad. A great tool if you have a technique which is lighter pressure, finesse oriented. Probably not your first choice if you like to use heavy pressure, and need the power to to keep the pad rotating.
    Does the washer mod make the pad stall less or more?

I have a g15 and I put the washer on there when I first got it. I like using it but it stalls as soon as it hits any type of curve so I end up using the flex more.

Im thinking of getting a duetto I saw a video where mike said it works great on curved panels without stalling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post

I have a g15 and I put the washer on there when I first got it. I like using it but it stalls as soon as it hits any type of curve so I end up using the flex more.

Im thinking of getting a duetto I saw a video where mike said it works great on curved panels without stalling.
    I have the Duetto, and it will most defintely stall on panels, much easier than the G15. I have a G21 with a 5" BP and stalling is a rarity. I also have the 1st Gen LHR15 and would take the G21 over it any day.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

6. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post

No, it will still stall either way.

You want to lose the stalling, use the Flex 3401.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123