autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Pad Questions???

Hey guys, hope everyone's doing alright. I haven't been on the forum in a while, life kinda got in the way and I also haven't been able to do any detailing either, but things are starting to get better and im looking to get back to my old addictions and habits.. My questions today is regarding buffing pads.. Up till now I have been using LC Flat pads and LC Kompressor Pads.. For the most part I stuck with purple, orange, and white as my main pad colors, never really got into any other of the colors.. I have yellow in both LC pads, but honestly never use them, for some reason I just don't like the way they feel when buffing seem to get to hot hotter than the purple foam/wool LC pad.. Maybe a green one from time to time for just AIOs.. Also have the purple foam LC Komp pads, but tend to use the purple foam/wool LC pad, seems to work better.. I just recently decided to update my pads and wanted to try something else so I went with Buff and Shine pads.. I couldn't decide or determine which pads to get so I just got 2 of all of them in 5.5". Oh and also got every color in 4". So here are my questions:

1. I have been reading that the B/S pads don't exactly match up to the LC pads colors.. Can anyone clarify that for me??? Can anybody make that conversion??? I probably didn't need all other colors, but it was cheaper just to get all of them in two 6 pack sets.

Now I could just leave it at having B/S pads and nothing else, but as I mentioned before I have used the LC kompressor pads and do like them so i figured id get some more, idk maybe have two different types of pads with two different designs for different situations, maybe that's just me. The Komp. pads I have are purple, orange, and white in 7", I wanna go smaller and 6" is the smallest AG carries, and while i prefer smaller, the 6" could give me the option for a little bit larger pad if neede, so thats all i can do on that, as for color probably won't get the purple foam since I ususally just use the LC foam/wool pad, seems to work better.. but I know I want the orange and white and then after that is were my next question comes in:

2. The last three confuse me a little.. black, red, gold.. which one would be best for the final step.. I guess I can rule out the black as it says it has no cutting ability and I apply wax and sealant by hand, out of the red and gold which one be better to go with.. I guess what would be the best to follow up say the white pad which up till now has been my final polish pad.. or is there even a point to anything past the white pad in the LC lineup??? I would do what I did with the B/S pads, just get all of them, but the LC Komp pads are more expensive..

3. Green LC Pad - I know its a step down from white(at least in the LC lineup), but is there really even a point to it and/or is it strictly for AIOs.

Sorry if I sound confusing, trying hard to get my questions out in an understanding matter... Think I really confused the situation wanting to get two different brands of pads and have trying to have them match up, or at leas thats what my OCD dictates.. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pad Questions???

I'll just confine my response to 1.)

IMO:
    Probably best to go to Buff and Shine's web site and take a look at their application charts.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti