autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a one stop shop for decontamination and paint correction now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: Nanoskin Microbuff DA Paint Correction System

What always concerns me with videos like these is that there are no before and after paint thickness reading included with the video. Yes, you can achieve speculator results, but at what cost on paint thickness?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanoskin Microbuff DA Paint Correction System

It's only going to take off as much as you want to take off, same with any other compound/ pad combo. After using this on a few cars, I probably won't buy them again until I get word from the company that they are using a better adhesive for the microfiber pad face to stick it to the part that is velcroed to the foam, on 2 of my black cutting pads, the velcro that sticks the pad face to the foam has come apart and they don't stick together any more, making them useless, and 1 of them, the microfiber has come unglued from the rest of the pad, again, making them useless. So until further notice, I won't be getting these, which makes me sad, because they cut so well, but there are other brands.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have these Microbuff Pads (The Compounding and Polishing Pads) I must say, I have had extremely good results with these pads! I am a complete "novice" in detailing and I am only a "home enthusiast". I am not a professional detailer at all nor do I do detailing for any type of profit. Everything I have learned has been trial and error (mostly ERRORS!) and with these Microbuff Pads, I personally have probably had the best luck of all correcting paint on my personal vehicles. I had previously tried Foam, Wool, and several brands of Microfiber pads-both compounding/polishing and finishing grade microfiber pads of three different brands just seeing what would work best. For me, the Microbuff were the absolute best results. I gummed up the pads using WAY too much product in the beginning. When they say "a little goes a LONG way, they mean it. It says to use one small drop, but I have found that three really small dots of the Speed Cut (green product) placed equally apart around the Compounding Pads is enough. The pads have a very unique feel to them. The material feels like velvet. In my opinion the material used on the pads is similar to some of the glass polishing pads I have. Not like the Microfiber pads which have a much more pronounced "loop" in the material. The Microbuff pads are a very short nap with a velvet feel to them and they are very soft when you run your fingers across the face of the pad. When used as directed, they do seem to have some serious correcting ability. I haven't had any problems with washing them in the washing machine or anything like that as noted by some others. Nor have I had any problems with the glue separating from the pad as noted in some other comments. Maybe I got a later version of them....not sure. They did roll up in the dryer. My belief is the temperature of the dryer causing the rubber to roll up but once put back onto the foam interface seem fine. Now I just air dry them flat. One thing I have not tried yet is drying them with the foam pad interface still attached like a regular foam or microfiber pad. That may eliminate the "roll up" effect in the dryer. If you buy the 2 pack, you get two foam interfaces with each pack attached to the pads. Nanoskin also sells 12-pack refills of the thin pad portion only that attach to the foam interface pads. The 12-packs are priced much cheaper than the twelve packs with the foam interfaces and it allows you to change the pads frequently when compounding and polishing a car. I found that having the extra pads was necessary for me because I change them frequently, probably too much but it works for me. I do have the "pad rejuvenator" product also (small 4 oz. bottle) which you spritz onto the pad if it becomes gummed up with product. This allows you to continue polishing with the product already on the pad and gives the pad lubrication. I have had to use it a couple times but if they get gummed up (probably do to my incorrectly applying too much product), then normally I just change the pad. Again, I am a complete novice and I am still learning. All my cars are daily drivers so I don't really mind using them to learn how to polish. Trust me, ANY sort of compounding or polishing on these cars is better than nothing. All of my cars were in some seriously terrible condition. In fact one of them I hadn't even washed in a couple months. I know..that's sacrilege to some. I personally have had good results with the Nanoskin Microbuff system. The Autoscrub System also has been incredible for me. Again, for me being a novice, I really like the Autoscrub/Glide combination as a decontamination stage. It seems to work 10 times better than results I got with clay bars in the past. I'll be honest, it's more fun to use for me and I couple it with my Griots DA. Then I use the Microbuff on a rotary I have with the Dynabrade Orbital DA polishing head attachment. I don't have a forced rotation polisher that Nanoskin recommends such as a Rupes 21 or Flex 3401, but I guess the Dynabrade polishing head is similar as it does have the forced rotation mode. The only downside to the Dynabrade orbital head is I do get some vibration but I have a 5" backing plate on it right now. I think it is weighted for a larger 7 or 8" backing plate but I didn't buy the Dynabrade plate that normally goes with it. I definitely plan on getting either a Rupes 21 or the Flex at some point in the future. I have heard great things about both of those polishers. I think Nanoskin is onto something with their Microbuff pad/polishes combination. I have not tried the pads with other products yet but I do plan on trying it on my next detail job on my wife's car. Using FG400 which I just got last week on the compounding pads and CarPro Reflect on the polishing pads just to see how it compares to Speed Cut and Nano Cut.

Post Thanks / Like

jvanseeters,

Any update on using the pads with other products?

Do you still like the Microbuff system? I just bought the 5" system for myself to use on a GG 6" Orbital with a 5" plate. I only have 2 of each pad, I hope that's enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Ummm. He posted 1 time almost 9 months ago. He probably won't reply. Sorry

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Billy,

Which is why I clicked on his username before I posted and saw that he was online 9 short days ago, soooo....he's still around.

Thanks for the pessimistic attitude though

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Nanoskin Microbuff DA Paint Correction System

I have not experimented using the FG400 or the Reflect yet on the Nanoskin pads. I have just stuck with using the Nanoskin products Speed Cut, Formula 67, and Nanocut on the three different nanoskin pads. I really like the Nanoskin system and their products work very well if used as directed. The one thing with the Nanoskin pads is you can't use too much product. Probably the same as other products from other manufacturers. Too much isn't always a good thing. Use just small "dots" of product on the pads and work the product fully down and you will have amazing results using Nanoskin. As far as having two pads. As long as you clean them, you should be fine. I have the 12 pack of the pads only because I don't choose to clean them as often and I simply replace the pad with a new one until the job is done. Then I clean them all at the same time at the end of the job, dry them, and put them away. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/.../dblthumb2.gif

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting products....I See it can work with all DA's.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jvanseeters View Post
    I have not experimented using the FG400 or the Reflect yet on the Nanoskin pads. I have just stuck with using the Nanoskin products Speed Cut, Formula 67, and Nanocut on the three different nanoskin pads. I really like the Nanoskin system and their products work very well if used as directed. The one thing with the Nanoskin pads is you can't use too much product. Probably the same as other products from other manufacturers. Too much isn't always a good thing. Use just small "dots" of product on the pads and work the product fully down and you will have amazing results using Nanoskin. As far as having two pads. As long as you clean them, you should be fine. I have the 12 pack of the pads only because I don't choose to clean them as often and I simply replace the pad with a new one until the job is done. Then I clean them all at the same time at the end of the job, dry them, and put them away. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/.../dblthumb2.gif
    Thanks Jvanseeter!!

I appreciate your reply (I never lost hope). It gives me a little more optimism for the results I'll see with the product as there aren't many posts on it.

I'll be sure to update this thread with my results in effort to keep it going. Will hopefully be in a week or two.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast