autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

MF Pads with DAT Polishes

(Summary: Since most of the polishes intended to be used with MF pads are SMAT, how do DAT polishes work with them?)

So I really love the Meg's Microfiber DA system (pads and liquids). Although I haven't used it extensively, it's just really fast and easy, gets good results, minimal dusting, and it doesn't really bother me that the final step is an AIO since I'm basically using it on cars I see all the time that can have an LSP re-applied.

When Optimum announced they were coming out with MF pads as well, I was intrigued not only with the lower price point, but also with the idea of using them with the Opt spray polishes.

Now that the Optimum pads are here, the price advantage over the Meg's is no longer clear (not sure if that is due to the Opt pricing coming in higher or simply discounting of the Meg's pads). I also elected not to buy the Opt spray polishes since I have tons of polishes to use up. The Opt MF cutting pad is said to leave hazing, which I guess makes it a true old-school compounding pad which is going to have to be cleaned-up after (unlike the Meg's cutting/D300 which finishes great IME).

So I'm still interested in trying the Opt MF pads, just...because. But I'm not sure about using the cut pad if it's going to haze (obviously unless I'm working on a really trashed surface), and I started thinking about how all my old DAT polishes are going to work with the Opt MF polishing pad, since all the OPT polishes and the Meg's MF polishes are SMAT. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MF Pads with DAT Polishes

i have wondered that myself,would be intresting to see how some of the menz.products would work with optimum polishin pads.i would wonder about the heat on the pads considering the dats would take longer to break down.