autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsvbGarageGalleryDetailing How To'sDetailing How ToFacebookTwitterYouTube

Go Back   Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum > Buffers and Polishers > Wool & Foam Buffing Pads

Register FAQ Upload Photos Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Instagram

Old 03-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #1

What are your thoughts ?? ( Pads )

I have been using Meguiar's W7006,W8006 & W9006 pads for a long and with exellent results.
My question is
If I was to try another pad what would be the best out of the 3 types to try Meguiars,Lake country's CCS or Chemical Guys Pads.
The reason being a detailing shop has just brought in Lake country And Chemical Guys Pads. Do you stick with the devil you no or try something new ?

Lake country's CCS range

Lake Country Gold Concours Pad
Lake Country Green Heavy Polishing Pad
Lake Country Yellow Cutting Pad
Lake Country Orange Light Cutting Pad
Lake Country Red Finishing Pad
Lake Country White Light Polishing Pad

Chemical Guys

Chemical Guys 6.5" Hex-Logic Yellow Heavy Cutting Pad
Chemical Guys 6.5" Hex-Logic White Medium Polishing Pad
Chemical Guys 6.5" Hex-Logic Orange Medium Cutting Pad
Chemical Guys 6.5" Hex-Logic Green Heavy Polishing Pad
Chemical Guys 6.5" Hex-Logic Blue Soft Polishing / Finishing
Chemical Guys 6.5" Hex-Logic Black Finishing Pad

What are your thought???
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Old 03-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #2

Re: What are your thoughts ?? ( Pads )

I haven't used the CG's pads but can say that Lake Country makes outstanding pads. Personally, I prefer the hydrotech pads and absolutely love them. Eric Dunn of Lake Country twisted my arm at Detail Fest and I picked up the new hybrid power finish pads. A quick test with those last night and I am in love.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #3

I agree with Ed, Hydro-techs have been my go to pad, but since using the new hybrid pads I gonna stock up
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Old 03-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #4

I am in the same boat as you. I have been using the Megs line for a while but wanted to try something new and just put in a order for HT pads in 5.5 diameter. Cant way to try them out.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche Pilot View Post
I haven't used the CG's pads but can say that Lake Country makes outstanding pads. Personally, I prefer the hydrotech pads and absolutely love them. Eric Dunn of Lake Country twisted my arm at Detail Fest and I picked up the new hybrid power finish pads. A quick test with those last night and I am in love.
All the shop has got is the CCS pads not the hybrid are they worth a go?,if so what colours would I need to get ?
Old 03-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #6

The CCS pads will work great for you. I like to get several of each if you can. Orange, White, Black and Blue (or red) are my basics and are "typically" used in that order for correction. Of course, always start with the least aggressive method.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #7

If you can wait, I would pass on the CCS. I love all the LC pads except the CCS.

The CCS were designed with DA polishers in mind. They designed it to reduce heat and friction by putting in those dimples. This helped the weaker Porter DAs.

However, the dimples take away, IMO, a signicant amount of surface area. Sure enough pressure would push those dimples flat, but I've never been able to get a CCS pad to cut or polish as effectively when compared to the LC flats or HT.

The new LC Hybrids that have gotten great reviews are also "flat".

As for the CG Hex, they are made by B&S. They use the honeycomb hex pattern. CG orange and white pads are very durable.

May want to try LC Tangerine and Crimson for polishing and finishing.
MF for cutting.