autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant, Wow!

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant

Form Autogeek's product description:

This spray-on sealant is a revolution in paint protection! Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant is a direct descendant of our ground-breaking wipe-on sealant, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. The two share virtually the same blueprint, with one exception. Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant has engineered liquefied polymers that disperse easily through the spray nozzle and then cross-link on the paint surface to form one solid polymer coat over the paint finish.

I added a sample of this to one my previous orders and just got around to trying it out. All I can say is wow, holly gloss!!!

I normally use Optimum Opti-Seal and have used his on several peoples cars this summer with always good results and very easy to use. So I remembered I had this sample of WGDGSS and figured I try it out and see how it's application compares.

ONRed one section, then dried and applied WGDGSS. I applied it with a primed micro fiber and a couple of sprays on the panel. Wiped, flipped, and buffed. I noticed that it really did not require a buff and the product just evaporated and disappeared. No streaking or spots left behind even without a buff.

In comparison to Opti-Seal, Deep Gloss Spritz Seal seams less streak prone if over applied. Both can be(not said to be) WOWA with an edge going to WG because of the last statement. Both hard to see going on unless you have the right viewing angle.

Can't compare slickness between the two, but can compare it to Duragloss Aquawax. I have Opti-Seal on half of my roof and Colinite 845 on the other. When I ONRed the car I did just the roof with Aquawax as a maintenance/topper. Initially the Aquawax was slicker, but 24hrs later Deep Gloss Spritz Seal is slicker.

I cannot give a direct comparison of gloss, and that would probably be trivial anyway from my eyes. It does seem if WGDGSS adds gloss. I noticed my car in the shade of the carport yesterday while playing with the kids in the backyard. I mean double take notice. I had to stop playing with them and go look and touch it. I don't think I have had that with OOS, although I do not see my customer cars the next day. Thinking about it, I believe Opitmum Car Wax provides more gloss than Opti-Seal, but that's just my thoughts.

This should be my winter protection unless I get some time to do some polishing on it. Just Poli-Sealed half the trunk and Uber AIOed the other, so I might do another panel or two with either at some point if it comes up.

It sounds like it should have good durability from it description and lineage.

Shady pic

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...1&d=1447705814

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I tried Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant, Wow!

It is a great product standalone or as a booster since it is so easy to apply. The price has increased somewhat $26.99 for 16 oz.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

For sure. That stuff is amazing.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had tried this sooner to see how it works in the heat. If it's it just as easy I'm definitely going to get some.

The price per oz is much better than Optimum's, 8oz vs 16.

Post Thanks / Like

I wasnt wowed by it...
    I want to try their DG liquid sealant though

Post Thanks / Like

What's the color of this product? I received a free sample and it's different from the sample that is in the store:

Store image.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant 4 oz. Sample

Sample I got:

Post Thanks / Like

Too funny, I think I got the OP's sample bottle through a trade. Mine is also purple. Smells like coconut. Tried some the other day and also very impressed. Even slicker finish than Uber and does seem like it could be used as a WOWA if used sparingly.

Post Thanks / Like

You have the right product. It's been that way since I joined, so it's all good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    Too funny, I think I got the OP's sample bottle through a trade. Mine is also purple. Smells like coconut. Tried some the other day and also very impressed. Even slicker finish than Uber and does seem like it could be used as a WOWA if used sparingly.

Sure behaves a lot like V7.

Try mixing it with Uber. I tossed in .5 oz and filled the rest of a 16 oz bottle with already premixed Uber waterless, and the vehicle came out glossier.

I was keeping an eye on the reflection, but it rained on the 3rd day following the application. The gloss was still going strong. Most detail sprays tend to lose gloss by the 3rd day, but this experimental mixture was holding strong. I'm going to try again when the weather clears up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    Glad you like it.

Haha. Sure is, or at least one of them. I should have another on the way too. I should just go ahead and get the 16oz and start trying out some of the other samples.

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post
    Sure behaves a lot like V7.

Try mixing it with Uber. I tossed in .5 oz and filled the rest of a 16 oz bottle with already premixed Uber waterless, and the vehicle came out glossier.
    Interesting idea with mix. Maybe I'll have to try that out with my Uber sample.

How did you use the mix?
    Like a drying aid like wax/seal as you dry?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast