autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: More aggressive compound or pad?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I know there's vids here as well as YouTube. Griot's has easy to understand and entertaining vids, check em' out.

What machine are you using, maybe the speed is a bit too low but one things for sure, watch the vids, pick up some pointers and you'll get it, trust me/us.
    This is a project that I've wanted to do for years. I now have the time since I retired late last year. I've been using my Porter Cable for waxing, and paint cleansing.
    With the help from this forum, and Mike Phillips, I had the confidence to take on this project. I had to watch some of Mike's videos again to refresh my memory.
    Bright Red 2006 BMW Z4 3.0si roadster. Crystal Black Pearl 2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Post Thanks / Like

Slow speed ,fire that thing up to 6 work a 2 by 2 area with not that much pressure ,good amount of product ,still not pleased ,use blackfire src compound,or a diminishing compound medium cut ,then polish

Post Thanks / Like

If 6 is the highest I would advise against it but I'm just a backyard hobbyist👈

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Slow speed ,fire that thing up to 6 work a 2 by 2 area with not that much pressure ,good amount of product ,still not pleased ,use blackfire src compound,or a diminishing compound medium cut ,then polish
    The one thing I've done from the start is a speed 6. Mike and other members suggested 15 pounds of pressure on the PC. That did it, but still required 2 sets of passes. A couple of spots required 3 passes.
    Bright Red 2006 BMW Z4 3.0si roadster. Crystal Black Pearl 2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Post Thanks / Like

I would skip the glaze if doing some what of a paint correction ,and go to polishing ,glaze is just a filler

Post Thanks / Like

I would skip the glaze if doing some what of a paint correction ,and go to polishing ,glaze is just a filler
    Are you suggesting that I use the Meg 205 that I mentioned in my original post?
    What would be different?

Post Thanks / Like

The Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is a finishing polish, not a glaze
    Scott

Club Flex 3401

Post Thanks / Like

Use a polish like 205 or the car pro line ,don't need to do a finishing polish glaze it's just a extra step ,only required if u want to go crazy with this project,or a show car finish.menzera polishes are great to,so much to choose from those are pretty much ur standard go to polishes with out making a decision and going stir crazy,good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Use a polish like 205 or the car pro line ,don't need to do a finishing polish glaze it's just a extra step ,only required if u want to go crazy with this project,or a show car finish.menzera polishes are great to,so much to choose from those are pretty much ur standard go to polishes with out making a decision and going stir crazy,good luck.
    Again, I think he is talking about Wolfgang Finishing Glaze. Despite the name, this is a finishing polish along the lines of Meg 205. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0, Wolfgang finishing polish, polising glaze, machine glaze

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gski View Post
    Again, I think he is talking about Wolfgang Finishing Glaze. Despite the name, this is a finishing polish along the lines of Meg 205. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0, Wolfgang finishing polish, polising glaze, machine glaze
    Yes sir, you are correct
    To the op, yes use Wolfgang Finishing Glaze after your compound, the top with your lsp
    Scott

Club Flex 3401

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast