autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant

I'm looking at adding this to my detailing bag to replace the DP Trim Sealant. I'm not a fan of the aerosol - I feel like I have spray to much on my towel and it's more difficult to control the spray, especially in the wind. I have to say it's the only DP product that I've tried and didn't like.

Anyway, is this something that is applied after every wash or how often is it applied? I'm talking about a daily driver that gets well taken care of. My detailing bag is packed and very heavy with just about everything I bought from AG.
    Ryan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant

WG exterior sealant has lasted on my truck through 4 washes and countless snowstorms, salt, sand, etc and still looks great and beads water furiously! Great stuff!

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only two products I use for exterior trim are Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus and CarPro Dlux. UTTGP is for friends and family vehicles and Dlux for my personal vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like

I just used Ultima Tire and Trim, loved the look btw if it lasts as it says it does then I think I found my winner out of all the dressing I tried. (more on that later)

The applicator pad is to big to apply on trim without getting some on your paint/windows IMO.

So this got me thinking of maybe switching the cap to a spray cap and using a small paint brush to apply on the trim by spraying it on the brush.

I imagine the same way can and maybe should be done with the aerosol spray...

Post Thanks / Like
    the dp would be a better item if it was not aerosol . it may work ok on bigger areas like engine bays and tires but for the smaller stuff u will need to spray into a foam or mf applicator .
    I found wgets similar to ultima , imo , but I like ultima better . I've used it with foam applicator - short bristle paint brush , foam paint brush whatever I need to get into/onto . either should last through multiple washes and extended time frames . these both can give a darkening-restoring type finish also . don't over apply as u could have runoff then when it rains

Post Thanks / Like

I have been very pleased with this product.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant-image-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Better to protect exterior plastic now rather than restore later!

Very happy with the results from WG ext sealant. I apply every 2 months in the spring, summer and fall (once before the winter). It's a clear liquid and a few drops on a yellow foam pad go a long way. Repels water like a wax, produces a dark matte finish and keeps the trim / plastic its natural color (black / dark, not faded gray from UV rays).

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is the best I've used so far. Long lasting and easy to apply, looks great after a light buffing. I use round cotton makeup pads to apply and toss them when finished. They're a nice little one time use applicator for small areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff! I applied it before winter, and it really does last. The best trim product i have used so far.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Hands down the best trim sealant I have used.

Reviewed it last year and since then I have used it on countless cars. Just make sure the surface is squeaky clean. Do I IPA wipe down if possible.
    Quick Review:Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast