autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ? About WolfGang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

That would be because KSG is an acrylic sealant and is layer-able. Most acrylic sealants bond and cure very quickly. The bonding is near immediate and the curing is usually within an hour. I now use KSG like this and can do multiple layers in a day.
    I thought KSG also requires at least 8 hrs of curing before a 2nd layer? Do you notice any difference is durability or anything when layering it in a hr or so?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richluu View Post
    I thought KSG also requires at least 8 hrs of curing before a 2nd layer? Do you notice any difference is durability or anything when layering it in a hr or so?

If you want to be "safe" you can wait 8-12 hours before you apply another layer. But all the research I have done on the other variations of KSG (Carlack, Werkstat AJ) lead me to the fact that it can be layered in around 1 hour.

I use the spray on and spread out method and then I buff it off about a minute later. This is quick and easy and as long a you still spread it thin it is great to work with.

I have not had any durability problems using it this method. I fact it lets me apply 2-3 layers in one weekend. I usually wait 3-4 hours to re-apply if I have time, since I am doing other things around the house as well. This also lets me do around 6 layers in just 2 weekends. The gloss is great and the protection last all through our winters in Ohio.

Post Thanks / Like

That would be because KSG is an acrylic sealant and is layer-able. Most acrylic sealants bond and cure very quickly. The bonding is near immediate and the curing is usually within an hour. I now use KSG like this and can do multiple layers in a day.
    I still let it cure for at least 12 hours between layers - but back then I did the "gradual" approach - I'd do the whole car once, then work on a panel or two every evening....

3 layers of KSG seems to be the sweet spot - more and it doesn't really seem to make much diffrence.
    2007 BMW E93 335i Monaco Blue Metallic / Grey Dakota
    2009 Lexus RX-350 Obsidian Black / Ivory

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: ? About WolfGang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

If you want to be "safe" you can wait 8-12 hours before you apply another layer. But all the research I have done on the other variations of KSG (Carlack, Werkstat AJ) lead me to the fact that it can be layered in around 1 hour.

I use the spray on and spread out method and then I buff it off about a minute later. This is quick and easy and as long a you still spread it thin it is great to work with.

I have not had any durability problems using it this method. I fact it lets me apply 2-3 layers in one weekend. I usually wait 3-4 hours to re-apply if I have time, since I am doing other things around the house as well. This also lets me do around 6 layers in just 2 weekends. The gloss is great and the protection last all through our winters in Ohio.

Awesome, thanks for the info! Never thought of using it as a spray. That is totally thinking outside the box...I think you just made yourself a CG V7.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richluu View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the info! Never thought of using it as a spray. That is totally thinking outside the box...I think you just made yourself a CG V7.

CG v7 is a detail spray compared to KSG...

Thats all I use v7 for anyway. The "protection" is minimal in my experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._AP1 View Post
    I'm a total noob, but this past weekend I found the courage to put in work with the products I've aquired. After polishing and all, I laid the WGDGPS and continued to wait till it hazed. I buffed the haze off with a MF towel and added wax immediatly after.

My question is, can I get away with this? What steps do I need to correct the longevity of the sealant, or will it even be affected?
    You should wait 45 minutes for the sealant to cure before removing the excess. It makes a big difference in the looks and the longevity. As others have said, you should wait 12-24 hours for the sealant to fully cure. (harden) before you add another coat of anything. Otherwise, the sealant will still be soft, and you could be wiping off the sealant at least in part as you apply the second layer of whatever.

The point of adding another coat is to layer, and not just to change the LSP from one to another because you prefer the look of the next.
    If you don't wait for the previous coat to cure, you just might be smearing the first coat as you apply the second, leaving you with little more than one coat on the car.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the way it turned out so far. Still not sure if I will top it with anything I have. (Colinite 845, Megs Ultimate, NXT)

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Eddie 70;774590]I like the way it turned out so far. Still not sure if I will top it with anything I have. (Colinite 845, Megs Ultimate, NXT)

Very nice; it's always pretty neat to be able to see your reflection and the background through a cars paint!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie 70 View Post
    I like the way it turned out so far. Still not sure if I will top it with anything I have. (Colinite 845, Megs Ultimate, NXT)

Man sorry for being off topic but your garage is neat as hell. Autogeek garage lol you got like a studio

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone topped WGDPS 3.0 with Fuzion specifically within 4 hours and not had any problems with the durability or protection?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast