autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Spray Wax/Sealant on top of Wolfgang Uber Coating

Is anyone using anything on top of Wolfgang Uber Coating? I'm thinking something along the lines of D156 or Wolfgang Spritz Sealant.

I have Uber coating on my car and like the characteristics of the coating. I wash weekly with Uber Rinseless and it's been great but wondering if anyone used any spray wax/sealant on it and how do you like it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray Wax/Sealant on top of Wolfgang Uber Coating

Quote Originally Posted by apthai View Post
    I have Uber coating on my car and like the characteristics of the coating. I wash weekly with Uber Rinseless and it's been great but wondering if anyone used any spray wax/sealant on it and how do you like it?
    I wonder if the Uber Coating's characteristics are
    being affected by "whatever is left behind" from
    using the Uber Rinseless Wash (RW).

If so:
    Would the addition of some other "topper"
    then affect the Uber RW's characteristics?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

From my understanding the only things that Uber Rinseless leaves behind are "gloss enhancers".

The thing I really like about Uber Coating & Uber Rinseless is that it almost self-cleaning. It doesn't attract much and with a decent rain it washes all the dust off. When I was using Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant with D156 and Wolfgang Spritz Sealant (obviously not at the same time) it would attract dust and just feels like it gets dirty quicker.

Post Thanks / Like

From my understanding the only things that Uber Rinseless leaves behind are "gloss enhancers".
    And you think that Uber RW's gloss-enhancers
    don't/won't affect Uber Coating's characteristics?

The thing I really like about Uber Coating & Uber Rinseless is that it almost self-cleaning. It doesn't attract much and with a decent rain it washes all the dust off.

When I was using Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant with D156 and Wolfgang Spritz Sealant (obviously not at the same time) it would attract dust and just feels like it gets dirty quicker.
    According to the above statements:
    It appears (to me) that the answer to your
    thread-starter's question is self-evident!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

The thing I really like about Uber Coating & Uber Rinseless is that it almost self-cleaning. It doesn't attract much and with a decent rain it washes all the dust off. When I was using Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant with D156 and Wolfgang Spritz Sealant (obviously not at the same time) it would attract dust and just feels like it gets dirty quicker.
    Why mess with success? If the coating is working as you say, what are you looking to achieve? I say if it ain't broke don't fix it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    Why mess with success? If the coating is working as you say, what are you looking to achieve? I say if it ain't broke don't fix it
    I'm happy with Wolfgang Uber Rinseless but was just wondering if anyone is using anything else sort of like a maintenance. Similar to how many use CarPro Reload on CQuartz.

Post Thanks / Like

8. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't wipe my car without a spray for lubrication, even after drying with the Master Blaster to remove any remaining water and spots ...

Now I don't advocate mixing product lines when using a coating, but last week I tried G-techniq's C2V3 since I have it at home. The look was just as glossy and looked even crisper than before.

We will see what happens in the future as I cannot stop using sprays.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Coating was design to withstand even the most hazardous environment, and once it's cure, it's cure to a real ceramic film and there is nothing in this world that doesn't destroy clear coat will be able to effect it. If any coating that get effect from a clear coat safe product, that coating is bad and you will never return to use it again.

Base from that fact you are free to use any clear coat safe product on them even across the brand, the only problem is that the durability of top coat might not be that good, anyway spray wax/sealant is just for look and you can apply them weekly without problem. For the reason when you use other product and attract more dust that is the effect of the final product you use or increase of static when you apply (additional rubbing), while using Uber rinseless wash doen't have it because it is a wash with more lubricant while cleaning or because antistatic property.

You can even apply wax on coating, I did apply Pinnacle Synergy on my Choose nanotech coating and it added gloss tremendously on my car, durability also have no problem, might because synergy have ceramic coating in them. If you worry about dust just topping it again with any detailer that have antistatic property.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Does WG Uber Rinseless Wash have a paint sealant in it? Is a sealant or wax required after using it?

I'm planning on switching from UWW+ (which I don't wax or seal after), to WG URW and am wondering if I need to wax or use a sealant after...

Thanks a lot!!