autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    201

    Perfekt Finish Paint Prep

    You guys use this? I've always been paranoid (maybe that's a bit extreme, but couldn't think of a better word) about having my surface completely clean and ready for lsp, and I'm hesitant Andrea split on doing an ipa wipe down. Seems like a good route to go if it's not snake oil. Suspicions further raised by the fact that a search came up short. What do you guys think? Currently after final paint prep steps, I'm just wiping down with a soaking wet, very plus microfiber and drying to make sure I've at least removed any dust and such.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Rochester MA
    Posts
    1,424

    Re: Perfekt Finish Paint Prep

    Before I coat the car I use Perfekt finish paint prep to wipe all the surfaces down. I use a wet rag and dry rag. Sometimes I do a 2nd round.
    Daily Driver- 2006 Pontiac GTO. Always clean!

    Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,294

    Re: Perfekt Finish Paint Prep

    Yep. I use it before applying a coating. Works great, I find I need 2 MF's.
    '16 Subaru Crosstrek - Liquid Silver
    '16 Subaru Forester - Quartz Blue
    Flex 3401 - Menzerna - Wolfgang Uber - BlackFire

  4. #4
    Senior Member 57BORNTORUN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Palm City, Florida
    Posts
    1,555

    Re: Perfekt Finish Paint Prep

    A tad pricey but great stuff.And as a added bonus the bubble gum aroma might bring you back to your "YOUT".
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

  5. #5
    Senior Member rlmccarty2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Fitzgerald, GA
    Posts
    757

    Re: Perfekt Finish Paint Prep

    I use it. It takes the place of the old IPA wipe I used to do. I never really had a problem with IPA. It's just easier to order a bottle than to mix up IPA. I'm lazy.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    261

    Re: Perfekt Finish Paint Prep

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin@FinalInspection View Post
    Before I coat the car I use Perfekt finish paint prep to wipe all the surfaces down. I use a wet rag and dry rag. Sometimes I do a 2nd round.
    So you have a damp towel with water for the initial pick up, then follow up with a dry MF towel?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    201

    Re: Perfekt Finish Paint Prep

    Hypothetical...If you just happen to be in the mood to add another layer of your current LSP (or even a different one you want to try for that matter) a month or so down the road, is this a good, or the right product to use to prep the surface for that extra layer? What does it do to any existing LSP on top?

  8. #8
    Senior Member FUNX650's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    20,393

    Re: Perfekt Finish Paint Prep

    Besides using a paint prep, (or
    any other types of panel wipes),
    to inspect polishing-results...

    I'll use said paint preps/panel wipes
    prior to applying LSPs if...and that
    means only if
    ...their manufacturers
    recommend doing so.

    Otherwise:
    There's that point-of-contention:
    "working backwards"...that I'd
    rather not have as a nemesis.



    Bob
    Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk~Joaquin de Setanti

  9. #9
    McKee's 37 Product Support Nick@McKees37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,973

    Re: Perfekt Finish Paint Prep

    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    You guys use this? I've always been paranoid (maybe that's a bit extreme, but couldn't think of a better word) about having my surface completely clean and ready for lsp, and I'm hesitant Andrea split on doing an ipa wipe down. Seems like a good route to go if it's not snake oil. Suspicions further raised by the fact that a search came up short. What do you guys think? Currently after final paint prep steps, I'm just wiping down with a soaking wet, very plus microfiber and drying to make sure I've at least removed any dust and such.
    It's certainly not going to hurt anything, and to be completely honest a lot of people use it before applying a wax or sealant "just to make sure" any polish residue has been removed. There's nothing wrong with being extra sure.

    I did a search in Google and found the following:

    Review - Wolfgang Perfekt Finish Paint Prep

    Wolfgang Perfekt Paint Prep quick thoughts...

    PRODUCT REVIEW: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating/Perfekt finish paint prep

    Review & How-To: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating



    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    Hypothetical...If you just happen to be in the mood to add another layer of your current LSP (or even a different one you want to try for that matter) a month or so down the road, is this a good, or the right product to use to prep the surface for that extra layer? What does it do to any existing LSP on top?
    It's going to compromise the wax/sealant, but I don't believe it will completely remove it. I would stick with a pre-wax cleaner/polish for that application.

  10. #10
    Member Vegas1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Central CT
    Posts
    90

    Re: Perfekt Finish Paint Prep

    I used it last month before I applied McKee's paint coating. Simple to use and worked great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wolfgang Perfekt Paint Prep quick thoughts...
    By WRAPT C5Z06 in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-08-2016, 12:17 PM
  2. New use for WG Perfekt Finish Paint Prep
    By ugafiredawg in forum Tricks, Tips and Techniques
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-15-2016, 08:22 PM
  3. Review - Wolfgang Perfekt Finish Paint Prep
    By Audios S6 in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-23-2015, 05:12 PM
  4. PRODUCT REVIEW: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating/Perfekt finish paint prep
    By Justin@FinalInspection in forum New Car Care Products
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-31-2015, 06:10 AM
  5. New For SEMA! Wolfgang Perfekt Finish Paint Prep
    By Nick@McKees37 in forum New Car Care Products
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-29-2015, 10:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» January 2017

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31 1234