autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Coating Questions.

Hopefully I got it.

Here is a long shot down the side.

Here is a full on side shot.

I still am not sure how I got this far with the pics, but I did take a couple close ups. I will try!

This is the hood.

Here is the trunk lid.

Its a little dirty, I am no photographer, and it was done with my cell phone. But you can see my paint is decent condition! The sun was working against me.

Man posting pics was hell for me to figure out, now so simple. It took four beers to get a handle on it, lol.

Thanks again for the replies and advice.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Im glad you posted this as i was having the same questions on ease of this product! i have a 16 plum crazy purple challenger that is off that i bought new 2 weeks ago and am nervous about doing this as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is probably one of the first reviews of this coating as I was able to test it before its initial release. As others have said it's almost too easy to use. Hope this helps.

PRODUCT REVIEW: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating/Perfekt finish paint prep
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Timmy. First of all let me say a month or so ago I was at the dealership getting some service done. Went out looking in the lot, saw a 16 Challenger Plum Crazy Scat Pack. Let me tell you I was in love! It was a beauty. I was about to pop went all the way to checking on insurance. Then I had to talk with myself. I could swing it, but then I do want to build a new garage soon. Like I told the Woman, maybe next year. All in all congrats on your purchase! I am sure you have a beautiful ride there.

Justin. Thanks for the link I remember seeing it when you fist posted it. I did a good reread of it.

From what it looks like Friday afternoon I am going to get up and start my vacation right. Gonna give it hell. I just keep running my game plan over and over in my head. I think sometimes I am my own worst enemy. Like Mike P has said a few times, KISS.

Thanks again. I will provide pics of this adventure.

Dave.

Post Thanks / Like

Hammer77,

Didja do it? If so, how did it go?

Mike Phillips

The Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating is without a doubt one of the easiest and most Bubba-Proof coatings you can use. The key is really more about getting the paint perfected to your level of expectations before stripping the paint and applying the coating.

I just coated to large dark colored cars, a black Range Rover Sport and a dark blue Audi Q7 and in my opinion, after doing all the prep work and before actually applying the coating, the most important thing for me was to have lots of MF towels for the chemical stripping process.

Just wrote an article about this too...

How many microfiber towels does it take to coat a car?

I have also posted this article to my Facebook Notes Page...

https://www.facebook.com/notes/mike-...11022268964139

And here's my how-to article for applying this product.

NOTE: I teach the "Buddy System" for chemically stripping the paint. Real handy if you have a buddy available. By using 2 people to wipe each square inch of the body the chances of 100% polishing oil and residue removal is pretty much guaranteed.

Review & How-To: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating

That's my buddy Jason in the background following me around the car...

This is called...

The glassy look

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the delay, haven't been on AGO lately. Been busy with life, work, golf, bowling, BBQ, sausage making, etc... I have a lot of hobbies. And yes Cooking is a major one, always doing something in the kitchen or outdoors with my grill, smoker, deep fryer. But I haven't neglected my ride!

Yes, I did get it done. Did it in the beginning of July. Everything went pretty smooth.

1. Wash

2. Clayed with Pinnacle Fine Clay. Was my second time using this clay. First time was last October about 2 months after I bought the car, and when I gave it the baggie test it needed it again. I really took my time with it, one panel at a time. Clayed, baggie test, clayed again until I felt nothing with the bag. Trust me the paint was clean.

3. Polish. I tested the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze with a white pad, on the trunk lid as it was the part with the most problems, from the dealership "prep". It took care of it, so went on to do the entire car with this combo. That stuff is amazing. I have some pics I will post as soon as I can remember how to. Mirror finish.

4. Wipe down with Wolfgang Perfekt Paint Prep. Very easy to work with. The smell OMG, I wanted to put some rum in it and drink it!

5. The coating. Went good, was nervous since it was my first paint coating. Had to redo the hood since a few high spots were there. I thought my lighting was good, I now know better next time. One small high spot in the front center of the roof. That was easily taken care of.

My opinion of this coating, once again my only experience of coatings, is top notch. At first was unsure, it looked great. IMO a lot glossier, and depth then the WDGS and Fuzion combo that was on it. The metallic really pops, and it truly does look like it has a layer of shinny glass on it. After 7 days I went to wash it, that's when I really noticed, water just beads and runs like hell, almost as if it is scared of this coating.

After that wash I went 2 weeks without washing it just to see if some of the claims are true. At 2 weeks the car was still cleaner that it would normally be at the 1 week mark. The car goes through the same routine every week, and is only out of the garage for 8-9 hours a day during the work week. As of Aug 1st, I have owned it for 1 year and only got 6500 miles on it.

So in my book Wolfgang Uber Coating is a winner!

On a side note I have had a good number of people comment on it, it gets a lot of looks. They ask "What kind of wax do you use?", when I tell them there is no wax on it, and explain the ceramic coating some look at me like I am full of something! LOL

As soon as I can remember how to post pics again I will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12