autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: White powder why???

Hi coquistador.

I tried with two new pads, one adding what I think was a "little" and one pad with "a lot" of product. I didn't see a huge reduction in the powder. Keep in mind, I am a novice, so maybe my "little" is still too much?

Maybe my priming technic on the new pads is wrong too?

What size bead would you recommend on the small 3" foam LC pad and how do you prime a clean pad? Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

I think the nature of menzerna maybe causing powder residue.

Post Thanks / Like

I just checked out that HD Speed. WOW....That looks very promising. Honestly, I haven't really thought about using AIO products because I didn't think they would last. I will absolutely buy that and try it.

***EDIT*** I just bought it (the 32oz bottle). Can't wait to report back on it. Do you wax over it for extra shine or is it truly not needed?

Luckily, I have a black VW Jetta that is 12 years old, but has recently (2 month ago) painted front fenders, rear hatch (its a wagon), and DS door. All due to the rust warranty. So I can compare side by side new dealer paint, to 12 year old paint. Black paint really shows you how good you are and your products. I found the most lint free MF towels I personally have experienced being a novice, and now will only use them on the "wipe off polish stage". Nothing worse than getting a great finish and seeing a billion lint hairs sticking to your paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Top the HD Speed with HD Poxy.
    Mike Honcho

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

First menzerna are great products With menzerna I don't prime the pad. I simply spray the pad with a small spritz of water then add a very small amount of product. Hope this helps. When using small pads it is very easy to over saturate.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

In my experience dusting is almost always a sign of too much product or pads that haven't been cleaned well enough and old product from the last polishing session still remain. I'm no expert but have experienced similar situations.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip on spraying the pad. I never have done that. I am surgical with my pad cleaning, use Wolfgang after every use same day, so that is not it. It is either still too much product, bad priming, or something else not discussed here.

Post Thanks / Like

If your working in the sun I would suggest you give Poorboys a try. Their products are made to use in the sun and they really work well. I would still be a little concerned in really high heat, but their products will tell you to be used in direct sunlight. I,ve used them that way but the NC heat is a little different than Florida heat. I still would give their products a try. You will not be disappointed.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I would work with the products you have before jumping into something else. It doesn't sound like heat or the sun was the problem. Menzerna products are highly regarded in the detail world. I have a closet full of products because some one said this was better than that. When I truth most successes and failures are caused by technique.

Post Thanks / Like

You are using to much product. For a 3" pad NO more than 2 pea sized drops are needed.

Super Finish also likes a faster speed. Set your PE8 to speed 2.5 and re accomplish with either one pea sized drop on a seasoned pad, or 2 drops on a fresh pad.

In that cool weather, no polish or compound cares about the temperature. Only when you get to extremes weather it be very cold or extremely hot.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ique-pe14.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast