autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD adapt Hologoram/Marring

GG6 on 6. Ok slower and softer pads.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JAMM0N View Post
    GG6 on 6. Ok slower and softer pads.

While I've not used HD products of any kind, knowing how soft Subaru paint is known to be..... that sounds like a LOT of passes, with too much cut, running TOO FAST, and probably with too much pressure.

The old adage of "Use the Least Aggressive Method" comes to mind.

Those photos look scary.

Start with the softest pad you have, with the finest polish and work from there.
    You can always add more cut, yet subtracting cut (as in removing all the micro-marring) is often times much more work than going the other way around. I believe Mike calls it "working backwards".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Is Subaru White Paint BC/CC or single stage?
    soft "sticky" bc/cc, typically
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

HD Adapt.......White pad......and play with the hand pressure on the machine and done. That Orange pad is causing the marring. I've used the same combo numerous times with great results.

Post Thanks / Like

trying some blue pads w hdadapt. i wasn't sure if i should've gone with green but we'll see how that turns out. got myself a small bottle of cut and polish too so we'll see how that works. thanks for all the response guys i'll definitely look into some white pads and try wool pads in the future

Post Thanks / Like

trying some blue pads w hdadapt. i wasn't sure if i should've gone with green but we'll see how that turns out. got myself a small bottle of cut and polish too so we'll see how that works. thanks for all the response guys i'll definitely look into some white pads and try wool pads in the future
    Wool would be going to be the most agressive, that is if that machine can spin them.

What pads do you have on hand?

Post Thanks / Like

right now i have yellow and orange cutting foam pads.

i just picked up some hydrotech cyans

i went on 3d and bought some blue finishing pads just yesterday. so i'm going to try those with the HD adapt.

what kind of white pads should i buy? i heard the green ones are good but i forgot from what company. i know wool is only for cutting. i'm more about removing scratches swirls and paint correction.

Post Thanks / Like

right now i have yellow and orange cutting foam pads.

i just picked up some hydrotech cyans

i went on 3d and bought some blue finishing pads just yesterday. so i'm going to try those with the HD adapt.

what kind of white pads should i buy? i heard the green ones are good but i forgot from what company. i know wool is only for cutting. i'm more about removing scratches swirls and paint correction.
    I believe the pads from HD are made by buff & shine. If that's true, it will be the same foam composition as the green hex logic, which is usually my initial compounding pad. This means that the blue HD pad will feature the same foam as the blue hex logic, which is my normal polishing pad. The blue has the slightest amount of bite to it, which will aid the abrasives in accomplishing their refining task.

My car has soft paint, and the blue hex, and ultimate polish on the pc (speed 5) did a good job cleaning up the paint. In lake country's line up, their green ccs would be the closest.

The green hex logic / hd (assuming both are made by b&s) pad is considered "light cutting / heavy polishing", and offers a very nice blend of cut and finish. In lake country's line up, the pink ccs would be the closest. This pad features a fairly porous, open cell design, and I find that excessive priming used on other pads only hyper saturates these open cell, porous pads, reducing the cutting ability. I use about five small drops of product to start with, then about three per section pass, depending on size of area to be worked. These pads also don't require the pressure I would use on say an orange hex logic, or ccs pad.

I approach the blue pad in the same manner.

If I need more cut, I use microfiber. I can wipe out 1000 grit with m105, and a blue rupes cutting disc on my pc if I have to. You can check out the pics in my album if you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Adapt should work fine here. Use speed 3-4, and shrink down your work area significantly. I stay with 12-18" square, and make 7-8 passes. Adapt has a very long work cycle if you use it correctly - and you need to run it for awhile in order for the oils to properly breakdown.

Post Thanks / Like

what colors of the CCS should i buy? Hex's they dont sell on AG unless they really really sold out or never stocked them.

i was thinking of getting:

sealant: red
    polish: white

(i have enough cutting pads to go through)

HD adapt: pink ccs
    HD cut: (already have enough)

what about HD polish? white should be good or should i go with green?

what are your thoughts on waffles vs hex?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast