Notes:<Pearl white paint on '11 Hyundia Elantra><no PTG><no previous sanding experience>< I'm unable to capture a pic with my phone because it's white?>
I had a spot paint repair (scratch) done on my pass side front fender that was blended back into the front door. The initial paint did not match up to my liking so I had them do it again. The second time it matched up good but it left nasty orange peel up near the window molding along most of the door. I did not notice it for some time as it was winter and I didn't get a good look at it until I gave it a good wash a week or so later. I should have taken it back but didn't have the time, at the time. I wet sanded a spot to see if I could reduce the rough surface. This surface is not like factory orange peel but more like interior plastic surfaces rough. Since this is my first time doing this I am quite happy with the outcome so far. Smooth and very shiney. BUT...I can see what appears to be multiple layers of paint with VERY faint diferences in color. I can only see this when I put my eye a foot away and at just the right angle. Can these layers be the factory paint below the first repaint which is below the final repaint? I don't know the process with spot repair as far as how the prep goes with sanding the surrounding area and such.

EDIT: I'm using 3M papers of 1000, 1500, 2000 & M205