autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Member Corey@OptimalDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: waffle weave question:prewetting

Quote Originally Posted by BF4Noob73 View Post
    Is the purpose of the waffle weave towel to soak up ALL or MOST of the water? I have the chemical guys gray waffle weave 25x36" towel and my understand was it's suppose to completely DRY in one swipe. I have to ring it out after each panel, but there is still water left behind. So I dunno *shrug*
    If you are starting out with a dry WW towel, it will not soak up all of the water on the first swipe, plain and simple. If you have 'that much' water standing on horizontal panels, try to sheet the water off before starting your towel drying process.

I, personally, utilize a dampened WW towel for drying. Typically I will give it quite a few sprays of a drying aid, then spritz it once per panel with the same drying aid. Adds protection and makes drying a breeze.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Corey@OptimalDetailing View Post
    If you are starting out with a dry WW towel, it will not soak up all of the water on the first swipe, plain and simple. If you have 'that much' water standing on horizontal panels, try to sheet the water off before starting your towel drying process.

I, personally, utilize a dampened WW towel for drying. Typically I will give it quite a few sprays of a drying aid, then spritz it once per panel with the same drying aid. Adds protection and makes drying a breeze.

I totally disagree.^
    I have the same exact waffle weave that he's talking about [CG Gray Matter 25x36] and it works great starting out dry. The only way I could imagine his situation happening is if he's starting out with a wet towel.

That towel is 30/70 and takes quite a bit of water to finally load up. And when it does it becomes heavy and doesn't ring out really well, nor does it dry really well once it's become totally wet.

Super Member Corey@OptimalDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I totally disagree.^
    I have the same exact waffle weave that he's talking about [CG Gray Matter 25x36] and it works great starting out dry. The only way I could imagine his situation happening is if he's starting out with a wet towel.

That towel is 30/70 and takes quite a bit of water to finally load up. And when it does it becomes heavy and doesn't ring out really well, nor does it dry really well once it's become totally wet.
    I, too, am speaking of the same exact towel. Opinions are different, just stating the method I use as it works for me.

In regards to dry vs wet MF towels drying better, that's a different argument in itself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123