autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang coating questions

Quote Originally Posted by boatmangc View Post
    Well it's on. The product goes on just like OC 2.0, maybe a little less finicky.
    Finish looks great and it seems just fine on all the plastic and rubber trim I applied it to. Made the plastics a nice deep black.

The black label surface cleaner...not a big fan. I managed to get it on trim here and there. I used everything in the arsenal, IPA, Pre-Wow, Tarminator, APC and Mineral spirits several times over, I got most of it off with a LOT of effort but I had to leave some due to time constraints.

Then while doing the wheels the dispenser pump took a dump, loaded 1/4 oz in my hand as it shot right past the applicator. That was the last pump it had to offer, So I had to finish by pulling the pump out, wiping product on my applicator off of the straw, as I finished the second wheel I set the pump back in the bottle and gave the cap 3/4 turn as I knew I would be right back in it. Picked it up and my hands were slippery as the stuff was everywhere from having to go commando on it, it slipped, it fell and did a pirouette on the ground, made spin art. 1/2 of leftover product on the ground and on my freshly scrubbed wheels and tires..

It was all I could do to not kick it into my canal and go get my IPA..But I wanted to do it as per instructions to give it a fair shake...
    If you didn't tape up everything FIRST... that was your first mistake. Generally when doing paint correction for a coating, knowing all the processes we're doing we'll just tape it all. Saves a lot of pain down the road from dust getting into all the window trim openings, and everywhere else for that matter. Much less the white smudges from (as you've found out) chemicals that just don't play well with pebble grained vinyl/plastic.

OTOH on the Black Label Surface Cleanser... I couldn't agree more!

While it works.... sorta.... it's SUCH a pita to "work" with. We've found the best (pretty much the ONLY way) to work with it is one person putting it on and another INSTANTLY taking it off.

My first bottle had a fubar'd pump. Nick sent me another bottle. That pump still works... sorta... but I don't get it near anything that I don't want squirted.

I'd be willing to send back what I have for something else hands down. Sounds like the new Uber cleaner would fit that bill.

Instead... Eraser or a home made variant made from 30% alcohol and Megs D114 is what I've been using over a year now. :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang coating questions

Must the blue adapter tip be cleaned at all after use?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123