autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: OCDetail - Rinse less washing video

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    If u have a clean car like that,why not just spray wax it and clean the glass.If I had a brand new car that route I think would cause some marring and especially on a moderate lightly dirty car.That challenger wasn't dirty,show me a moderately dirty car and reveal some pics after 2 months,that process would drive me nuts it's like your getting married to the car.I would have to charge 100 bucks to do that.
    This was not meant to replace all washing practices, It is just the safest, most effective, and fastest method I've found. I'm in the SF bay area where water usage during a draught is heavily frowned upon. So adapting out of necessity I played with several different ways of rinse less washing and this one is the best that I've come up with. I was simply sharing as alternative, at the shop we spend days correcting paint on a regular basis. And I always offer a free follow wash with in first 60 days after service just to make sure myself or employees did not miss anything, and all applied coatings bonded properly, ect... I've had cars show in all sorts of conditions and I can confidently say even jet black left out side and heavily driven using this method I did marr any of our previous work. It works for us, and in most cases I can do the paint on a car dirty or not in less than 10 min. I do understand what you mean but in my situation I go above and beyond to educate my customers and the ones who do this I see their car years later and they still look great. Not claiming perfect, because if you drive you will get marks, but million times better than going to car wash once a week. Hope this helps. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for taking the time to produce it. Nice to know of a fellow AG member in the Bay Area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by irvsmith View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to produce it. Nice to know of a fellow AG member in the Bay Area.
    There are many AGO members here in the Bay. Joe just happens to be one of our best. I've met Joe and he's a very down to earth guy and will talk detailing with you for as long as you want. Keep up the great work man.

Post Thanks / Like

Correct understand nice review.

Post Thanks / Like

Great video Joe. It's always nice to see how others are cleaning their vehicles in the Bay Area. I've been using the Gary Dean method but recently picked up the rinseless wash mitts. I'll give that a shot this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Great video, thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

Great how-to video Joe! Thanks for sharing this with us.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmooth View Post
    This was not meant to replace all washing practices, It is just the safest, most effective, and fastest method I've found. I'm in the SF bay area where water usage during a draught is heavily frowned upon. So adapting out of necessity I played with several different ways of rinse less washing and this one is the best that I've come up with. I was simply sharing as alternative, at the shop we spend days correcting paint on a regular basis. And I always offer a free follow wash with in first 60 days after service just to make sure myself or employees did not miss anything, and all applied coatings bonded properly, ect... I've had cars show in all sorts of conditions and I can confidently say even jet black left out side and heavily driven using this method I did marr any of our previous work. It works for us, and in most cases I can do the paint on a car dirty or not in less than 10 min. I do understand what you mean but in my situation I go above and beyond to educate my customers and the ones who do this I see their car years later and they still look great. Not claiming perfect, because if you drive you will get marks, but million times better than going to car wash once a week. Hope this helps. Thanks
    Great video, thanks for sharing. Ignore that guy, everything he seems to post tends to be negative or argumentative.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice video and great introduction for folks not using rinseless wash. I been using it for my lightly soiled cars the past 8 or 9 months, only I use the Gary Dean method

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sweatthedetails View Post
    Great video, thanks for sharing. Ignore that guy, everything he seems to post tends to be negative or argumentative.
    But that negative guy has been doing "this for years"! Lol

I agree with you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast