autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Gallardo Cleaning Suntek PPF and Alcantara

So I just bought my first Gallardo and its the special edition LP560-2. The previous owner had it fully wrapped in Suntek PPF and the insides are fully wrapped in Alcantara. It goes without saying that it is in phenomenal condition inside and out. (I will post pics soon!)

Whats the best way and products to wash/quick clean/protect the PPF to keep it from degenerating or yellowing.

Also what about cleaning and upkeep of the Alcantara?

Currently I have been using the 2 bucket method with Meguiar's gold class shampoo and using Meguiar's ultimate quick detailer (just ran out of #66 that I bought in bulk long time ago). I'm not a cleaning enthusiast (like many of you), I just don't trust anyone else to clean it, so spare me the 1000 'enjoyable' steps on how to enhance the sparkle by 1% . I'm looking for the basic tips/tricks on cleaning it, keeping it cleaned and protecting the wrap and interior.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gallardo Cleaning Suntek PPF and Alcantara

Congrats on the purchase. My recommendation if you are not interested in the 1000 steps to properly maintaining your beast is to coat it. This will save a lot of steps and let you enjoy the machine All my vehicles are coated since I barely have enough time for my main line of work and detailing. You can do it yourself or find someone to coat it for you.

BTW, the question you ask will always be better answered through your own trials and errors. There is no magic easy formula to detailing otherwise everyone would be doing it. You have a great PPF on the car which should be very easy to maintain. The manufacturer (or installer) may already have given you a list of suggested products.

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    Congrats on the purchase. My recommendation if you are not interested in the 1000 steps to properly maintaining your beast is to coat it. This will save a lot of steps and let you enjoy the machine All my vehicles are coated since I barely have enough time for my main line of work and detailing. You can do it yourself or find someone to coat it for you.

BTW, the question you ask will always be better answered through your own trials and errors. There is no magic easy formula to detailing otherwise everyone would be doing it. You have a great PPF on the car which should be very easy to maintain. The manufacturer (or installer) may already have given you a list of suggested products.
    Thanks, its a dream come true!

Isn't the PPF enough of a 'coat'??

Attached are some pics as promised
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gallardo Cleaning Suntek PPF and Alcantara-smmsmo6-jpg   Gallardo Cleaning Suntek PPF and Alcantara-hka0y8a-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

^^^Beautiful car! Love it in bianco. Looks great.
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Timelinex View Post
    Thanks, its a dream come true!

Isn't the PPF enough of a 'coat'??

Attached are some pics as promised
    The PPF will protect the paint against small impacts etc... but it is not a hydrophobic surface. Although it does have some degree of UV inhibition, a nanoceramic coating is much better at both of those previously mentioned qualities. CQuartz (which is what I install) offers some degree of scratch resistance, great UV inhibition, improved gloss and shine and tremendous self cleaning capacities. It also works to resist the bonding of environmental contaminants (break dust etc..) and also works to prevent water spotting issues. None of those are qualities of PPF PPF does get scratched, eventually yellow, will get scratched and loses its gloss eventually

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

OK so what about washing/quick detailing/protecting the exterior and interior (other than the coating recommendation)...

Also, I have a few small specs of road debris in the nose clear bra that doesn't just wash off, any recommendations on what to do with this? I have a sealed Zaino clay bra that I bought from 5-10 years ago, should I bust that out and try using it? What about the 1 or 2 spots where tiny rocks deformed/snagged the clear bra, any way to 'smooth' that over?

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    ^^^Beautiful car! Love it in bianco. Looks great.
    Thanks! It's a beauty. I wasn't 100% sold on white for an 'exotic', but I started getting sick of seeing all the neon(yellow/orange/green) gallardo's, so I'm happy with the 'fresh' white look.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

OK so what about washing/quick detailing/protecting the exterior and interior (other than the coating recommendation)...

Also, I have a few small specs of road debris in the nose clear bra that doesn't just wash off, any recommendations on what to do with this? I have a sealed Zaino clay bra that I bought from 5-10 years ago, should I bust that out and try using it? What about the 1 or 2 spots where tiny rocks deformed/snagged the clear bra, any way to 'smooth' that over?

Thanks! It's a beauty. I wasn't 100% sold on white for an 'exotic', but I started getting sick of seeing all the neon(yellow/orange/green) gallardo's, so I'm happy with the 'fresh' white look.
    Not much advice from this forum I guess! Anyways, I ended up buying some Chemical Guys Clear Seal Gloss Enhancer and Protectant to use as a quick detailer/sealer on the exterior. For the interior I bought a Wheel Woolies Boars Hair Detail Brush and Sonax Upholstery and Alcantara Cleaner. From my understanding, its best to just use a towel and water on the Alcantara and only the cleaners if actually needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Not much advice from this forum I guess! Anyways, I ended up buying some Chemical Guys Clear Seal Gloss Enhancer and Protectant to use as a quick detailer/sealer on the exterior. For the interior I bought a Wheel Woolies Boars Hair Detail Brush and Sonax Upholstery and Alcantara Cleaner. From my understanding, its best to just use a towel and water on the Alcantara and only the cleaners if actually needed.

I would just wash the car and use a paint sealant on the film. stay away from abrasive products. have had good luck with wgdps 3.0 as a sealant on ppf. could be a nice alternative, if you want to try something different in the future. being the product you bought is made for ppf it should work out good. let us know how it works ! good idea to stay away from cleaners on the seats unless you actually have a soiled or dirty area. Sonax interior products have always worked well for me . nice looking ride you have there