autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsvbGarageGalleryDetailing How To'sDetailing How ToFacebookTwitterYouTube

Go Back   Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum > Detailer's Library > Tricks, Tips and Techniques

Register FAQ Upload Photos Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Instagram

Old 02-22-2012, 01:20 AM   #21

Re: Microfiber wash water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
Hot ###. You may get some color bleed the first wash, so washwomen beware.
lol happened to me when I washed all my MF towels and foam pads together. My new white pads turned into tie-dye pads lol. I dry and wash on hot
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Old 06-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieU View Post
Vinegar can do a couple of things. Used in the rinse cycle, it helps get the excess soap out. I think it has something to do with softening the water. The reason people think it softens their towels is because leftover soap on the towel will make it feel stiff.

The other thing it can do is set the dye in the towel which helps with bleeding. When I get new towels, the first thing I do is wash them in cold water using vinegar instead of soap. Some towels are real bleeders, so it doesn't work all the time, but in most cases it does.

Get the white distilled vinegar. I use it for doing my regular laundry too. Just put it in the Fabric Softner dispenser. If you like using a Fabric Softner on your clothes, use dryer sheets instead.
Good to know for the vinegar, thanks for the tricks!

2 other newbie questions here:
- What quantity of vinegar do you use?
- What is a MF detergent? Do you have an example of it?

Thank you!

Chuck!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Old 06-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #23

I always use distilled white vinegar in my rinse and its pretty cheap also (maybe $2 for a 32oz bottle?).

And as far as the microfiber detergent is concerned here is a link for how to properly care for them:
Microfiber Care Guide, Clean Cobra Microfiber Towels, Applicators & Tools with Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator Microfiber Detergent. Clean & dry microfiber

And as far as to which detergent to get its totally up to you as to what you purchase, im a little partial to Chemical Guys Microfiber Wash myself
Old 06-14-2012, 05:36 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck86 View Post
Good to know for the vinegar, thanks for the tricks!

2 other newbie questions here:
- What quantity of vinegar do you use?
- What is a MF detergent? Do you have an example of it?

Thank you!

Chuck!
I probably use too much vinegar. I just splash a bit in the fabric softner dispenser. If I was actually measuring, it would be about a tablespoon or two. A jug lasts a long time even though I use it in every load of laundry.

Microfiber detergent. Good info in the reply above this one. I will add that I thought this stuff was hype for a long time until I broke down and tried it. I used to use the "Free" type liquid laundry detergents and noticed that the feel of my towels started to change over time. The microfiber detergents seem to be formulated to target the chemicals used in car care products better. The towels come out cleaner and retain their original softness over time.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #25

So you guys use a machine dryer? I'm new and my microfibers say not to machine dry, but I'm used to breaking the rules haha
Old 06-14-2012, 06:14 AM   #26

Thanks for all the tips guys.

I will certainly try those with my brand new MF!

Have a great day!

Chuck!

Envoyé depuis mon HTC Amaze 4G avec Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #27
vet

I wash with warm, cold rinse, I add some white vinegar to the rinse if I remember to. I put a little oxi-clean in the wash too. If the wax build up on pads is heavy, I presoak in hot water in a pail with Dawn and some oxi. I line dry all my towels and pads.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #28

Warm or hot water depending on how soiled they are w/ DP MF cleaner. I haven't used white vinegar but am going to give it a try on my next load.