autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Measuring the correct amount of soap

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    WHAT'S THE BABY USING ?
    The Pro Blend of course!

Post Thanks / Like

clear laundry cup works for me. they got lines on them and all you have to do is pour in your desired amount in water, and then remember where it is near the lines and pour your car wash to that level every time...

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Dollar General and for less tan $2, I picked up a small measuring glass. It does Std and metric measuring from as little as an 1/2 ounce up to 4 ounces.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys use soap? Question for Mike Phillips, Meguiars years ago had the soap that looked like paper strips, i found them at Big Lots and actually liked the strips, so i bought them all, unfortunately Meguiars stopped making this product, sorry, my question, how many of these strips should be used per wash?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by daveinsweethome View Post
    mike also has a video showing how to mark a bucket at 6 inch inside to equal 2 gallons of water. so i guess 9 inches would get you the 3 gallons.

anal as i was i went right out and marked all my buckets.
    That's funny...

Here's that video...

The difference between a Normal Car Wash, a Waterless Car Wash and a Rinseless Car Wash and how to use a Rinseless Car Wash

And a screenshot from the portion you mention...

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Sellncars View Post
    You guys use soap?

Question for Mike Phillips,

Meguiars years ago had the soap that looked like paper strips, i found them at Big Lots and actually liked the strips, so i bought them all, unfortunately Meguiars stopped making this product, sorry, my question, how many of these strips should be used per wash?
    The idea or concept was good, the problem was it wasn't accepted by the public.

I was Eco-friendly as it saved from having to use plastic bottles to hold car wash soap. It also would dramatically reduce shipping weight and thus shipping cost.

The problem with the way they went to market, "in my humble opinion", (no offense to my friends at Meguiar's), was that the ratio was one strip to one gallon.

The problem with this is most people, ESPECIALLY car enthusiasts use more than one gallon of water to wash their car when using a "normal" type car wash process.

I personally use about 4 gallons in a 5 gallon bucket, that would mean I would have to put 4 of the car wash strips into the bucket.

My guess is that most people once they science the math out they won't like the idea of having to use 4 strips to create 4 gallons of wash solution, or 5 strips to create 5 gallons or even 3 strips to make 3 gallons.

A better ratio would have been to concentrate the strips so that one strip would make 3-4 gallons of car wash solution. When it comes to car washes, most people want suds and lots of them and they want them to last and last... use this as a benchmark.

A believe it was a guy named Peter in the marketing department at Meguiar's that came up with the idea based off the breath fresheners that come as strips that dissolve in your mouth.

It was a good idea, it just needed some tweaking with the concentration and the formula and it could be a winner.

I think I have pre-production prototypes in my car wax collection.

Post Thanks / Like

I got four 3oz. plastic measuring cups with some 32oz. DP products I ordered awhile ago. They have a loop on them so they hang on the bottle cap, always there for you. Each got dedicated to different products, car wash soap, ONR, MF cleaner and one for misc. use. Didn't know I was getting them, but they are so convenient I love 'em! Thanks AG

I found that holding a GritGuard upside-down by the fins and twisting it back and forth is great for mixing the soap and creating suds while the bucket fills with a calm flow of water. Blasting water into the bucket always gives me too much suds and splashes everywhere. I just want soapy water.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a muscle milk scooper.. Its exactly 2 oz. And when flipped upside down it drains but can not fall thru the hole on my foam gun reservoir. So I save on product.

Brennan Beasley
    850-748-4616
    "MaxImage Detailing and Paint Correction of Pensacola"
    brennan@maximagedetailing.com
    http://www.maximagedetailing.com
    Looking to become an AutoGeek Tester!!
    Copyright © MaxImageDetailing.com All Rights Reserved

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    The idea or concept was good, the problem was it wasn't accepted by the public.

I was Eco-friendly as it saved from having to use plastic bottles to hold car wash soap. It also would dramatically reduce shipping weight and thus shipping cost.

The problem with the way they went to market, "in my humble opinion", (no offense to my friends at Meguiar's), was that the ratio was one strip to one gallon.

The problem with this is most people, ESPECIALLY car enthusiasts use more than one gallon of water to wash their car when using a "normal" type car wash process.

I personally use about 4 gallons in a 5 gallon bucket, that would mean I would have to put 4 of the car wash strips into the bucket.

My guess is that most people once they science the math out they won't like the idea of having to use 4 strips to create 4 gallons of wash solution, or 5 strips to create 5 gallons or even 3 strips to make 3 gallons.

A better ratio would have been to concentrate the strips so that one strip would make 3-4 gallons of car wash solution. When it comes to car washes, most people want suds and lots of them and they want them to last and last... use this as a benchmark.

A believe it was a guy named Peter in the marketing department at Meguiar's that came up with the idea based off the breath fresheners that come as strips that dissolve in your mouth.

It was a good idea, it just needed some tweaking with the concentration and the formula and it could be a winner.

I think I have pre-production prototypes in my car wax collection.

That's too bad that they didn't stick around. My opinion is a great car wash soap, could be nice and soapy, like you said with more then 1 strip, and a nice smell, they do a good job, but I'm on my last bag..Oh well good by old friend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    I use the cup that comes with the Pinnacle MF cleaner.
    +1
    Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the titanic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast