autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Little Modification To Trick Out The Metro Vac N Blo, More Blowing Power!

Hello AG,

I wanted to share a modification I did to my vac n blo, and maybe could help someone in the same situation as me. I wanted a vac with hepa filtration, a powerful car vacuum, as well as a blower in the smallest package available and I first ordered the vac n blo not knowing it came without a hepa filter, well after searching AG and finding the similar model labeled as ov4 came in the same shape size, etc just with a hepa filter. This helps me greatly because I can use it for the house and it works wonders at catching the dust. It is hepa certified so you will be getting a real hepa filter placed in a good location inside the vacuum.

Well.... now that was taken care of, I wanted a powerful blower, but didn't have to want to carry around another tool, not that this will replace it by any means (you will still need a master blaster for most power). Well, a phone call away with metro and I was on the way to ordering a master blaster front cap and heavy duty 10ft hose for the master blaster. The only mod was required was to drill larger holes for the end cap. This hose and outlet of the master blaster cap turned this small machine into a BEAST!

Just a note, while my vac wasn't a vac n blo, it shares the same canister so you can mod yours too should you need more power. I wasn't able to measure power of the blower on paper, but in real life blowing the car out and the garage became much more easily. You will notice a huge difference in power output of the blower. Im not sure if its the extra seal that comes with the cap, or the hose, or maybe both but the difference is something you will notice right away.

Pros: Stronger power of the blower, dedicated hose for blowing only (since your buying a heavy duty hose), no leaks (the master blaster end cap, has an extra gasket around the seal), very compact yet powerful, if your not looking to roll around the master blaster everywhere this may be an added benefit if your looking for extra power. The intake side still uses the smaller hose which is better for vacuuming out cars since its more compact. You get 5 year warranty with the hepa filter.

Negatives: Cost $61, the blower port of your hose will only fit 1.5" hoses/accessories.

I love modding! Here is a picture of the different end caps:

Not sure how I can do a demo, however I can dry half the car in under a min with this setup. Talk about time savings!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Little Modification To Trick Out The Metro Vac N Blo, More Blowing Power!

I made a little demonstration video, this vac is the ov4 model it has two speeds, I believe there is two speeds on this vac so one can use the lower power for home vacuuming, which is also another reason I bought this. The vac n blo has only one speed (the higher one), well needless to say even on my low setting this little blower pulls velocity. If you tried using the regular vac n blo hose and end cap it doesn't move this much air. It only gets stronger with the 2nd switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C647...ature=youtu.be

Two parts you need:
    Master Blaster Front - MVC-56AAA (this comes with larger screws you need a drill to drill out your vac n blo your smaller screws won't fit).

Heavy Duty Hose - MVC-56D

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool! Thanks for posting!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k20trick View Post
    Hello AG,

I wanted to share a modification I did to my vac n blo, and maybe could help someone in the same situation as me. I wanted a vac with hepa filtration, a powerful car vacuum, as well as a blower in the smallest package available and I first ordered the vac n blo not knowing it came without a hepa filter, well after searching AG and finding the similar model labeled as ov4 came in the same shape size, etc just with a hepa filter. This helps me greatly because I can use it for the house and it works wonders at catching the dust. It is hepa certified so you will be getting a real hepa filter placed in a good location inside the vacuum.

Well.... now that was taken care of, I wanted a powerful blower, but didn't have to want to carry around another tool, not that this will replace it by any means (you will still need a master blaster for most power). Well, a phone call away with metro and I was on the way to ordering a master blaster front cap and heavy duty 10ft hose for the master blaster. The only mod was required was to drill larger holes for the end cap. This hose and outlet of the master blaster cap turned this small machine into a BEAST!

Just a note, while my vac wasn't a vac n blo, it shares the same canister so you can mod yours too should you need more power. I wasn't able to measure power of the blower on paper, but in real life blowing the car out and the garage became much more easily. You will notice a huge difference in power output of the blower. Im not sure if its the extra seal that comes with the cap, or the hose, or maybe both but the difference is something you will notice right away.

Pros: Stronger power of the blower, dedicated hose for blowing only (since your buying a heavy duty hose), no leaks (the master blaster end cap, has an extra gasket around the seal), very compact yet powerful, if your not looking to roll around the master blaster everywhere this may be an added benefit if your looking for extra power. The intake side still uses the smaller hose which is better for vacuuming out cars since its more compact. You get 5 year warranty with the hepa filter.

Negatives: Cost $61, the blower port of your hose will only fit 1.5" hoses/accessories.

I love modding! Here is a picture of the different end caps:

Not sure how I can do a demo, however I can dry half the car in under a min with this setup. Talk about time savings!
    Hey pal i have the vac and blow commercial series. I am very interested in your modification.
    Not really the hepa filter. BUt making it a stronger blower. Im just not sure i understand that part of it.
    And do you actually have the vac and blow or a different metro?

Post Thanks / Like

I have the ov4 its basically a vac n blo with a hepa filter.

This should work for the regular vac n blo as well however for the commercial series I noticed the switch is mounted on the blower housing itself whereas my vac and the vac n blo has the switch mounted on the middle casing. I suppose it should work, but extra modifications will be required mounting the switch onto the master blaster housing.

Essentially all your doing is adding a thicker hose, bigger blower outlet, and using the same heavy duty rubber nozzle found in the master blaster. Just be aware that if you get something stuck in your vac hose and you need to blo it out, it won't fit the master blaster housing. You will need a reducer to do that, but honestly I've sucked things like paper, coins, and ice cream wrappers to no issues with the smaller vac hose clogging up.

If you have any more questions you should call metro and ask for tech support, Maurice and David have been nothing but stellar!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k20trick View Post
    I have the ov4 its basically a vac n blo with a hepa filter.

This should work for the regular vac n blo as well however for the commercial series I noticed the switch is mounted on the blower housing itself whereas my vac and the vac n blo has the switch mounted on the middle casing. I suppose it should work, but extra modifications will be required mounting the switch onto the master blaster housing.

Essentially all your doing is adding a thicker hose, bigger blower outlet, and using the same heavy duty rubber nozzle found in the master blaster. Just be aware that if you get something stuck in your vac hose and you need to blo it out, it won't fit the master blaster housing. You will need a reducer to do that, but honestly I've sucked things like paper, coins, and ice cream wrappers to no issues with the smaller vac hose clogging up.

If you have any more questions you should call metro and ask for tech support, Maurice and David have been nothing but stellar!
    ok thamks