autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Winter Road Salt

Tried a new trick today, misted the vehicle with Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz before washing the vehicle. Let it get soaked into the crud, than foamed the vehicle followed by a wash. Really added some slickness which I wanted since I would be removing road salt from the winterized roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Winter Road Salt

interesting idea...foamed with foam gun or cannon?

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I've found that only pre treating with a salt emulsifier allows me to avoid dragging salt across the paint during a wash. But I also dont get many days where I can drag a hose out and do a full wash during the winter as well. Typically doing RW/WW in the garage.

Post Thanks / Like

i did a new trick to. i added about a half ounce of wolfgang uber to the soap bottle on my foam cannon and mixed it in with the soap and water

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boomdone View Post
    Personally, I've found that only pre treating with a salt emulsifier allows me to avoid dragging salt across the paint during a wash. But I also dont get many days where I can drag a hose out and do a full wash during the winter as well. Typically doing RW/WW in the garage.
    what are you using for a salt emulsifier? take the car to the coin op pressure washer to do the heavy stuff and the wheel wells before doing the waterless thats what i do, next time i might just bring the waterless to the coin op place and wipe it down quick right there

Post Thanks / Like

Winter Road Salt

Foam Gun. Unfortunately I do not have a pressure washer, yet.

Also, I'm going to mix Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash with Auto Bathe and/or spray down the vehicle with Uber Rinseless in lieu of the Detail Spritz when I get in Uber Rinseless.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    what are you using for a salt emulsifier? take the car to the coin op pressure washer to do the heavy stuff and the wheel wells before doing the waterless thats what i do, next time i might just bring the waterless to the coin op place and wipe it down quick right there
    And it cost $5 to wash the salt and dirt off, and ˘20 to bring a gallon (diluted in my case D114) waterless wash solution.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Whip's Wax. Hopefully PBMG will carry it one day. Doesn't harm your LSP. Sometimes I'll go to the coin op and spray it with WW then pressure wash clean. Then I'll go home and do RW in my garage with all the salt off my car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boomdone View Post
    Whip's Wax. Hopefully PBMG will carry it one day. Doesn't harm your LSP. Sometimes I'll go to the coin op and spray it with WW then pressure wash clean. Then I'll go home and do RW in my garage with all the salt off my car.
    I've been eyeballing that road salt remover.

I basically do your routine - blast the car at the coin op and then take it home for the presoak and then RW. I can't say -- in my experience -- that not using a road salt remover is unsafe. I've been blasting my car at the coin op and doing the presoak/RW for a few years now and haven't noticed any swirling doing this. I have been using 840-1100 GSM towels and basically doing a single wipe with a single quarter on my DD. I use a lot of towels, but I think it saves the paint.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

I do something similar - spray the car with waterless wash and let it sit - then hit it with a power washer and then wash with a rinseless or reg wash. Works very well and removes a lot of the salt before a wash mitt touches the car.

Yes this is using more product and thus more expensive too but it's only needed a few times a year.

ScottH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast