autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sign up - 2012 Fiat 500 Show Car Makeover - Live Broadcast

Add my name to the list. Jeff

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by RedGT View Post
    Add my name to the list. Jeff

Cool Jeff, thanks for signing up!

Post Thanks / Like

I plan to watch remote.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

We decided to switch it up this week by giving away the products being used for tonight's makeover! Check the first post for the contest details!

Mike Phillips

Here's the line-up for tonight's class, remember, all the products used will be given away as contest prizes during the live broadcast.

So tune in tonight for your chance to win the below products.

Step 1

First we're going to start out wiping the car down using,

Chemical Guys EcoSMART Waterless Wash

We'll use this first to get the car clean since it would take to long to do a normal car wash and then dry the car to get it ready to machine buff.

Step 2

Next we're going to inspect the clay to see if it needs to be clayed, my guess is that "yes" it will need to be clayed. If so we'll be using,

Chemical Guys Luber Clay Lubricant & Together with Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay.

Step 3

After claying we're going to machine polish the paint to remove any swirls, scratches, water spots or other topical imperfections and maximize gloss and smoothness. For this we're going to use,

Chemical Guys V36 Optical Grade Cut Polish

This is a fine cut polish able to remove down to #1500 to #2000 grit sanding marks using the right pads and tools.

We're going to use this with Lake Country Foam Tangerine 5.5" foam polishing pads on DA Polishers like the PC 7424XP, Meguiar's G110v2, Griot's Garage ROP, Flex 3401 and Cyclo Polishers.

Step 4

After removing the swirls we're going to machine apply,

Chemical Guys Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish

According to Chemical Guys,

Quote:
    Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish is a fully synthetic nano-blend formulation enriched with the highest available emulsion of gloss enhancers. By combining the finest blend of optical clarity gloss enhancers with Chemical Guys proprietary bi-blend technology, BLACK LIGHT delivers a slick, radiant finish.

Allow to dry for 15 minutes

We'll use Lake Country Blue 5.5" Flat Pads.

Step 5

After we remove the Black Light Radiant Finish were going to machine apply Pete's 53 Black Pearl Crystal Polymer White Carnauba Paste Wax.

For this we're going to use PC's with Lake Country Hydro-Tech Crimson Finishing pads.

About Pete's 53
    Pete's 53 is named after Pete Martinez, who passed away at the age of 53 on February 13th, 2007. Pete is the founder of Pete's Wax Works in Norco, California. Pete shared his passion for the art of detailing with car and motorcycle enthusiasts for 20+ years in the Inland Empire.

Pete's 53 is a blend of only the finest quality raw ingredients including almond, coconut, banana and propolish oils in a premium emulsion combined with 53 percent Brazilian No. 1 White Carnauba Wax by volume.

Pete's 53 works great on all paints and is especially good for darker paints and metallic finishes like we have here with the Bianco Perla (Pearl White) Tri-Coat Paint.

This is a WOWO wax in that you don't need to let it dry, simply apply it and then immediately wipe it off.

The rest of the car
    After we finish the exterior paint we will then add the finishing touches, such as

Tires
    We'll be applying, Chemical Guys Extreme VRP Dressing

VRP's water-based conditioners penetrate the surface to restore and maintain shine while leaving behind an invisible shield that repels water, dirt, and dust. The coating maintains a 100% dry, never greasy or oily, supple, fresh texture of vinyl, leather, plastic, rubber and tires. The emulsion repels dirt and dust while blocking out harmful UV rays. Surfaces treated with Extreme VRP shine longer and require less cleaning. Treated surfaces resist drying, fading and cracking.

Tires
    We'll be applying, Chemical Guys Wheel Guard

More than any wax or sealant, Chemical Guys Wheel Guard combines the latest innovations in molecular chemistry to deliver a protective coating that will outlast, outperform and outshine any wheel product on the market today while offering the toughest barrier against the elements.

Wheel Guard is formulated to safely and effortlessly clean, shine, protect and prolong all types of wheels and wheel finishes. Wheel Guard delivers a high gloss durable wet shine finish on all chrome, aluminum, stainless, powder coated, and even painted wheels.

Allow to dry to a haze and then remove.

Interior and Exterior Plastic Trim
    We'll be applying, Chemical Guys Black on Black Interior and Exterior Shine Spray Dressing

Chemical Guys Black on Black instantly shines and protects vinyl, plastic, rubber, leather and many other materials, leaving a dry-to-the-touch, new car shine. Sprayed surfaces are 100% DRY TO THE TOUCH plus resistant to water, dirt, and stains. Chemical Guys Black on Black cleans, shines, lubricates, and protects against moisture. Use it anywhere an applicator pad cannot reach.

Wheel Wells and Undercarriage

We'll be applying, Chemical Guys Bare Bones Undercarriage Spray

Chemical Guys Bare Bones Undercarriage Spray gives your vehicle's undercarriage a touch of shine and protection. Detailing your undercarriage is just as important as detailing the paint. Wheel wells, sub-frame, springs, fender well and all of the other black and gray parts underneath the body need attention too!

Interior & Exterior Glass

We'll be applying, Chemical Guys Professional Window Clean Glass Cleaner

Chemical Guys Professional Window Clean Glass Cleaner is streak-free glass cleaner formulated with non-ionic surfactants, specialized molecules that are 100% non-toxic and non-reactive. They are safe on all surfaces.

Plus, the formula is 100% ammonia-free and safe to use on tinted windows, clear plastic instrument panels, and headlight and taillight lenses!

Fresh Scent

We'll be applying, Chemical Guys Stripper Scent Premium Air Freshener

Chemical Guys Stripper Scent Premium Air Freshener is engineered with active odor eliminators and neutralizers to rapidly subdue undesirable smells right at the source, delivering a premium, long-lasting fresh scent.

So the above products are what we're showcasing tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

i will be there tonight. count me in and add me to the list thanks!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by corvettesonntag View Post
    i will be there tonight. count me in and add me to the list thanks!

Thank you so much for registering with the forum and replying to the sign-up thread, that's the way we roll around here!

I promise you're going to have a fun time, we'll see you when you get here, I'm signing off the forum for the rest of the night and heading out to the studio!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

If I sign up for one of these will you fly me down?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Mike,

If I sign up for one of these will you fly me down?

Now there's an idea for a contest...

Post Thanks / Like

Heck I would fly down....Just need a room for the night! Maybe the warehouse..?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast